View Poll Results: After viewing this thread I am going to....

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • rush and download PreLoad.

11 8.94%
  • still not download it...too sketchy.

16 13.01%
  • wait until it is in FileCoaster.

31 25.20%
  • continue to enjoy PreLoad, which I already have!

36 29.27%
  • ...go take a dump

29 23.58%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Preload is good for ringtones and wallpapers. For Apps nothing can really rival Filecoaster as that is perfect. with the writeups for all the apps and all.

If Preload focuses on Ringtones and Wallpapers they can easily dominate that niche
    Kingjain you arent just a regular user who likes Preload right? you are together with Pimp My Pre obviously right?

Nothing wrong with that because you guys have a sick app
    Although it sounds good, and tempting, I think I might wait until it hits file coaster. It almost sounds too good to be true, and we all know the saying about that. I was actually skeptical about homebrew apps and file coaster, until I saw enough posts on the forums here that said good things about it.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by SDash View Post
    I've been using it since the time filecoaster was released and this app was more complete than any. Lately, since they've been redoing their automatic updates I've had problems reinstalling it.

Does anyone else have this problem? FileCoaster will not install it. I'll be trying QuickInstall later.

FileCoaster has been in more hype because PreCentral has been collaborating with PreGame to get their gallery integrated. If it hadn't been for that, I think FileCoaster may have stayed at a text link installer.
    yes, this was a problem for everyone. but, you should have been able to copy the updated link and installed it perfectly fine?

http://pimpmypre.com/data/versions/c..._1.9.4_all.ipk

now updating problems are fixed!
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    Preload is good for ringtones and wallpapers. For Apps nothing can really rival Filecoaster as that is perfect. with the writeups for all the apps and all.

If Preload focuses on Ringtones and Wallpapers they can easily dominate that niche
    Kingjain you arent just a regular user who likes Preload right? you are together with Pimp My Pre obviously right?

Actually, preLoad now has over 100 apps. it would have more if precentral acts more like a community, and gives access to the repo will all the apps!

no really...
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by DryBear View Post
    rofl...NICE!
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcgeorge36 View Post
    Although it sounds good, and tempting, I think I might wait until it hits file coaster. It almost sounds too good to be true, and we all know the saying about that. I was actually skeptical about homebrew apps and file coaster, until I saw enough posts on the forums here that said good things about it.
    i don't understand....they have their own thread under homebrews. there are MANY people using it...
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I'm not answering the poll. My answer isn't covered by the options.

I d/l'd PreLoad. I didn't like it. File Coaster is better visually.. uncluttered, looks more professionally made. I don't d/l ringtones or wallpaper either so it seems pointless.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Memory card?
    I think he means internal memory...?

Anyways, with preload, you dont need to take up memory room, you can browse, download and delete from thousands of ringtones available through preLoad.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheuba View Post
    I'm not answering the poll. My answer isn't covered by the options.

I d/l'd PreLoad. I didn't like it. File Coaster is better visually.. uncluttered, looks more professionally made. I don't d/l ringtones or wallpaper either so it seems pointless.
    ...fair enough.

most users agree content > looks

we had a discussion regarding this issue.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

I disagree. Rwhitby has been working on making a standard ipkg feed that should allow any on pre installer to access the feed. FileCoaster AND PreLoad should have the same amount of apps and info for each sooner or later.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
  12.    #32  

im not part of PMP, but im helping them out a bit. submitted a couple thousand tones and wallpapers. just givin them a push, they deserve more respect than they are getting....
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by SDash View Post
    I disagree. Rwhitby has been working on making a standard ipkg feed that should allow any on pre installer to access the feed. FileCoaster AND PreLoad should have the same amount of apps and info for each sooner or later.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
    you are correct.
    Last edited by kingjain; 08/14/2009 at 02:30 PM.
    my next question is how isthis the first we are hearing about this? I might give it a try, just still seems kinda sketchy.
    i've seen it in the forums few weeks ago, just tried it out this week...excellent app especially for ringtones/wall papers (although am still using filecoaster for apps as i find the interface more "comfortable")...nevertheless it does have its uses...
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcgeorge36 View Post
    my next question is how isthis the first we are hearing about this? I might give it a try, just still seems kinda sketchy.
    It should not be the first time you are hearing about it, that is the point of this thread!. It has been available through the homebrew apps section for a while now!
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPreNyuBi View Post
    i've seen it in the forums few weeks ago, just tried it out this week...excellent app especially for ringtones/wall papers (although am still using filecoaster for apps as i find the interface more "comfortable")...nevertheless it does have its uses...
    i agree completely. there have been many apps added, and and the interface has been greatly improved. I'm sure they will improve colors and style in the future.
    Its weird, cuz I downloaded preload with filecoaster
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjain View Post
    Actually, preLoad now has over 100 apps. it would have more if precentral acts more like a community, and gives access to the repo will all the apps!

no really...
    Where are they? When I hit 'next' after the first page it states "No Results Found" Do you mean the ones listed in the Shared Community Files? Because that is a hogbog of, um, stuff.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by chefjabril11 View Post
    Its weird, cuz I downloaded preload with filecoaster
    lol, so did I. but it could have been done visa-versa...depending on which one you saw first.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast