Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    So it has come to my attention that some of you, albeit a small precentage, really still do not like your pre very much.

I am here to offer you a solution.

If you bought it within the last thirty days, take it back, seriously.

If you are unable to return it, and really do not like it, consider this. I would be willing to trade you my Samsung Instinct and/or my samsung rant for your unwanted Pre.

You see, I absolutely love the Pre's and would love for everyone on my plan to have one. And everyone on my plan feels the same way.

So if you are overly disappointed with your pre, and would like to trade, send me a PM or an email (zaharris@gmail.com) with your contact information. Lets chat and see if we can't figure something out.
    No offense but thats a horrible deal. Do you really think anyone on PREcentral is going to trade their PRE for an instinct?
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouch12345 View Post
    No offense but thats a horrible deal. Do you really think anyone on PREcentral is going to trade their PRE for an instinct?
    lmao yeah no kidding!!!

I don't think anyone hates their pre that much!!
  4. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    LOL seriously bro? instinct is a POS compared to the pre
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    glad you guys get the point. its not meant to be a good deal. its meant for a way out for the people who think there Pre is a POS.

Hopefully at minimum, this will make people think about how good the Pre really is and stop complaining about it.

And by the way, not to start another debate, but the instinct isn't a POS. its a solid phone, it's just not a pre or an iphone. I used an instinct for about a year before my pre with no real complaints. Heck, I had tethering enable, my gmail accessible right there, Sprint NAV, and my favorite feature (which I wish the Pre had) was the voicemail system that downloaded to your phone so you didnt have to dial in all the time.

Anyhow, I know this deal isn't for some, or even most. But the offer is there if someone really wants out of there pre. I may even be willing to throw some money on top too.
    Low ball
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    How is a replacement phone plus cash a lowball offer? Its not like the pre is an expensive phone.

Plus, Trim, I think you like your pre anyhow, don't you?
    hahaha
    How about this, I will not trade you my pre but I have a great deal. I will trade you my 2010 Ford Mustang Shelby edition GT500 for any vehicle you may own... Straight up.. I know its a fast car and all but I am just sick of squealing the tires at every red light and having people stare at me as I drive down the street... Send me an email at loadofbs@areyoukidding.com and I'll get your address and drive down and we can trade... I'm really looking for a minivan if you have one.
    <I accidentally the whole pre>

<Palm Pre Speed Test>

I'm willing trade your Pre for a like new Treo 755p. In case your instincts tell you that the Instinct stinks.

i700Plus. To keep it in the family, are you willing to trade for another Ford? A 1994 Ford Ranger that will run as long as you are good at debating with it. Low mileage since we owned it, because it only is happy driving about 10 miles per trip. Will do 55 mph for 4 minutes, but requires a break down at about 35 mph for about a half mile before repeating. So more of a marathoner than that sprinter you have.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    I'm willing trade your Pre for a like new Treo 755p. In case your instincts tell you that the Instinct stinks.

i700Plus. To keep it in the family, are you willing to trade for another Ford? A 1994 Ford Ranger that will run as long as you are good at debating with it. Low mileage since we owned it, because it only is happy driving about 10 miles per trip. Will do 55 mph for 4 minutes, but requires a break down at about 35 mph for about a half mile before repeating. So more of a marathoner than that sprinter you have.
    Email me right away... I'm interested, all this new flanged technology in this mustang has me confused, its time I went back to my roots!
    <I accidentally the whole pre>

<Palm Pre Speed Test>

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by i700plus View Post
    How about this, I will not trade you my pre but I have a great deal. I will trade you my 2010 Ford Mustang Shelby edition GT500 for any vehicle you may own... Straight up.. I know its a fast car and all but I am just sick of squealing the tires at every red light and having people stare at me as I drive down the street... Send me an email at and I'll get your address and drive down and we can trade... I'm really looking for a minivan if you have one.
    Done and done. There's even more choices for you now. Would you prefer an cc plymouth voyager, its got some rust, but heck that 3.0 mitsubishi V6 has got some ball especially after you throw a turbo on it; or maybe you'd like a Chevy lumina, it doesn't run anymore but hey, it looks like a space shuttle. I'd also offer you a ford windstar_ but all the technology in it, ya know power sliding doors, I figure that might scare you.

So let me know which you'd like to trade. I can't wait

Haha
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Sahcerjj, I don't want your treo, I want your pre's to add to my collection. Muah ha ha ha
    Mods: lock this thread up

If anything it should be in the marketplace.

Or better yet- go to craigslist
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Do you have issues much, trim?

where's the fun in asking to lock it?

I posted it here, for two reason's. A) I was unaware there was even a marketplace on this forum. B) to to aim the offer (as ridiculous as you may find it) at the people complaining about their Pre.

If you don't like the offer or idea of the offer, you don't have to take it OR even post a reply, so move along. you're only wasting your own time by continuing to come back to this thread know full well you're not interested.
    This is an offer to purchase a phone and goes in the Marketplace forum.

Changed Thread title to shate it is:

Want to swap your Pre for my Samsung Instinct?

- Craig
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Understood, like I said in the last post. I was unaware there was even a marketplace on this forum when I posted this. I had never scrolled down past the 'Pre' sections on the main topics page
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Hey craig, this isnt to offend, but... moving my thread is one thing; Changing the the title of it is another...
    Z,

There are posts talking about problems with the Pre. But this was an offer to trade phones not a general chat about the Palm Pre. The marketplace is where it really goes.

The original title, "'Are you Disappointed with or even hate your PRE?..." sounded like you wanted to help them get their Pre's to work, not that you wanted them to give your their new Pre for your Instinct.

I think you will get more genuine interest stating up front that you are proposing a trade. But with the Pre down to $99 at Best Buy, it gets hard to not just get a Pre if you want one.

Take care,

- Craig
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Hey craig,

I appreciate you getting back to me.

You seem to have missed the second part of the title asking 'is to late to return it to the store.' Also, if you had read the entire thread, it wasn't simply an offer to trade their unwanted Pre for my instinct. There was another phone option in there (not that it was any better, I Understand) as well as a possibility of cash on top of that.

I do understand that I posted it in the wrong category, and again, I appologize for that. My issue isn't with you moving my thread, it is with you re-titling it and assuming you know what sales approach is best for me. And quite frankly, that is not your decision to make.

I appreciate all the useful information and all the helpful people there are here, but I do not appreciate a moderator making decisions on how I go about my business. And would much rather not even be a member if you are going to change my approach to what you feel is best. If I had used foul language, it would have been one thing for you to censor me. But I did not.

So, If you I broke some rules, please inform me how and where and punish me accordingly. But If you want to make choices for me on this thread and forum, then, please just delete this thread and/or my account entirely.

Otherwise, please restore the title of this thread to how I had it previously.

And since you probably don't remember what it was, it was stated as:

'Are you Disappointed with or even hate your PRE? To late to return it? Look Here!!'

Thank you and I look forward to the restoration of my thread title or deletion of my account.

-Zeb
    Last edited by zaharris; 07/27/2009 at 06:28 PM.