Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Prefer the Titanium to the Red.

Looking for a good low cost deal as I don't plan on using the phone for long. Sick and tired of my Instinct. Looking to upgrade to Pre or Tour once my contract is eligible.
    ˙soə ɹoɟ ƃuıʇıɐʍ ɹəllıʞ "ʇɔuıʇsuı" uɐ ʇuɐʍ ʇsnɾ ı ˙ɹəllıʞ "əuoɥdı" uɐ əq oʇ "ēɹd" ɹoɟ ƃuıʞool ʇou
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    No one upgraded from a BB 8330?
    ˙soə ɹoɟ ƃuıʇıɐʍ ɹəllıʞ "ʇɔuıʇsuı" uɐ ʇuɐʍ ʇsnɾ ı ˙ɹəllıʞ "əuoɥdı" uɐ əq oʇ "ēɹd" ɹoɟ ƃuıʞool ʇou
    I upgraded from 8330 however my dad may be buying it from me. But him buying it depends on if he gets laid off or not so it may be a few weeks before I know for sure. I have a smartphone expert leather case and some apps I bought I planned on selling with it. So if in a few weeks you are still looking for one and my dad doesn't buy mine I'm open.
    Hey, how much were you looking to pay? I've got an 8330, customized with a jet black OEM casing (actual OEM molded plastic, not a paint job), which I thought looked even niver than the titanium. All black, no cell co branding, just the BB logo and silver trim by the camera.

(I'd had the titanium, and on a warranty replacement they only had a red available when I refused a refurb and insisted on a new one, so I got the new casing for it since I hated the red!)

If you're interested, give me a shout back. I don't have enough posts yet to PM, or I would have sent this privately. Silly anti-spam policies punishing legit users, argh :-/

Best,
    Andy
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I am up for contract upgrade Aug 1st. So I am looking to get rid of my Instinct for a low cost and I don't want to waste my upgrade on the $50 8330. I might still get the Pre or Tour. Obviously I am not asking to only pay $50 for a used one, willing to pay a bit more, especially if it is in "like new" condition. I am sure someone would like to recoup some of the money they spent on their new Pre etc....
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Dang, I was thinking there would be more unused BB curve 8330 phones out there.
    It is still a quite popular device. Since as far as I'm aware there aren't many blackberry options for CDMA right now. And from sprint only the curve, pearl and tour (CDMA bold?). Speaking of the tour I just had a look at some details on it and I'm surprised it doesn't have the new mouse like thing instead of the old trackball. That was one thing that bothered me about blackberry was it didn't take long to gum up the trackball making it less and less effective. That is one nice thing about the insurance as I could just get a new one at no cost when needed. The tour is nice and probably a good upgrade from the 8330 if one prefers blackberry. I went back to my roots with palm though. Up until a year ago when I bought the 8330 palm always meet my needs and wants in a PDA. And now that smartphones are just as good if not better than having a standalone PDA I have begun to change my stance on keeping everything standalone. I'm still not sold on integration of mp3/media player into but I think I'm leaning towards that stance changing as well at least for when you are able to plug it in while using it as an mp3/media player.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Very true, just keeping my hopes up for a 8330. I just don't want to waste my upgrade on Aug 1st for a Curve and then decide that I would rather have the Tour or Pre and have to pay full price.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I might have found a seller on crackberry forums.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Well sellers sold to others than I.

Anyone have a stellar deal for me please. Looking like I might just have to use my upgrade on a new phone
    Your upgrade is due at aug 1st only two weeks away right?, is it that you can't afford to upgrade at that date? I'd just ride it out. I'm afraid the best deal I could offer for mine would be $150 (8330 in mint condition, SPE case, I.S. full body minus sides, and optional software purchases [auto standby and bbsmart alarms pro).
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Very true, as I missed about the best deal on a BB because I was at work when it was sold. Instinct is just driving me nuts, and I am hoping Palm pulls a hat trick, otherwise I am going with the BB 8330 for $50 or going for the gusto with a Tour.
    Out of curiosity what specifically would hold you back from currently getting the pre? It may be worth your while to hold off on getting an upgrade and buying used to avoid using up your upgrade and then getting the pre later on if that is indeed the one you want. RIM has has their share of problems with new devices as well which is why I am curious about what would hold you back from currently getting the pre.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    All new devices have their issues, Pre definately has more issues then any other phone I have seen. I swear they are using sweat shop kids to put them together. Was watching a person purchase one in a sprint store, after the third box they finally found one without bubbles, twisting slider. Very serious quality control issues on a device Palm is risking it's future on. Besides, after an OS update on the Wifes 8330, I have started to like BB.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Still looking for a killer deal. I am thinking rather than using my $150 upgrade discount, I will tough it out with a used 8330 until next year when I can get the $250 and possibly a much nicer piece of hardware.

Just need a killer deal on an 8330.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    i've got a titanium one in mint condition, five months old and kept in a slick rubberized grip case since day one, it is rock solid, listed this week on CL for 150 in boston, so we'd have to talk about shipping or whatever you actually want to pay (i'm open, but would like to stick close to 150 because the thing is worth way more)

send me a pm if you're interested (i can't send pm's yet until my post count hits 15!)
    i too have one in mint condition
    selling for $100 + shipping
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Found one, should get me through till I can get an upgrade through Sprint