1.    #1  
    Handspring, you need to push ahead!

I'm tired of endless models with grey and green screens I CANNOT SEE IN ROOM LIGHT.

If you don't want to give us a paper white screen or a low power color screen, for whatever reason, IMHO, prepare to sink!

I'm not buying another swamp thing cheapo LCD green screen, not again, not like the six Visors I bought for myself and my family, not for anybody.. not for a phone which is a Visor, not for a Visor which becomes a phone. Not for nothing. I need my eyesight a lot more than you need your money! Wake up and smell the contrast!!

That's number one. (You always hurt the ones you love.)

Number Two: Your case designs put me to sleep. BUILD US A CASE WHICH STANDS ON A TABLETOP for handsfree reading and can also clip solidly to my belt.

INNOVATE OR DIE!

Or, you can read my article on how I walked the talk and built one from existing products, for InSIGHT magazine next month!

GET MOVING!

Best, as always
    - Loren
    www.neotrondesign.com
    Wouldn't it be better to email feedback@handspring.com with your rant? If you don't like monochrome, why don't you get color? It seems to me in the PDA world there is either color monochrome..no in between.
  3.    #3  
    I assume Handspring monitors this board, since it is an excellent Visor resource.

For manyt reasons, the industry today is *coasting* and there is little movement or innovation in everything from screens to cases.

I expect better form companies like Handspring and Apple, whose iPod is overpriced with very few functions. I am simply not certain how they expect to stay alive. I for one will not purchase either item, because my devices need to do many different things.

There is no in-between in screens, as you say, and that too annoys. What's wrong with a paper-white LCD and black letters? For thos eof us over 40, the ability to see these in ordinary room illumination should NOT be a stretch.

- Loren

Today's Final Cut Pro keytip:
    Get to your Preferences quickly with Option-Q !

Visit KeyGuide™ Central!
    www.neotrondesign.com
    Originally posted by Loren
    There is no in-between in screens, as you say, and that too annoys. What's wrong with a paper-white LCD and black letters?
    I suspect that the only way to implement what you describe would be to dumb-down a color LCD, and that modification would make it cost more than color.
    Jeff