Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
  1.    #41  
    i dont have a touchstone... anyone with a touchstone whom bought one from me can answer this?

I am 99% sure yes it works, I need a confirmation please...TIA
    What color does this Sprint charger lights up?
    Blue, Yellow or White? Thanks.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
  3.    #43  
    there is only one color.... which is yellow
    Thanks.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    i'd like to order one!

does it hold the charge on the phone well? better than other chargers?
    Got my charger today, Thanks!
    Just wanted to post my experience with this deal and Trim to help ease the worries of any skeptics who are afraid to order from an individual here on the forums.

Ordered Friday @ like 2am. Trim replied to my email within a couple of minutes. And sent me USPS tracking numbers 15 mins or so after that first email. Received my chargers on Monday. Tested in both my vehicles and working wonderfully.

Thanks again Trim for passing on this deal to the community here!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I have a couple questions:

1.) I thought the OEM Car Charger for the Pre is part # PVX8930R.
    2.) Will it charge the phone as I use the Nav?
    3.) Do you have to plug it in and unplug it a couple times to get it to start charging?
    4.) What is the rated volt and amp of the charger?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm not trying to bust your b@ll$.
    I bought a 5v, 1amp charger from Monoprice and it dosen't work as it should.
    I have to plug it in a few times to get it to start and it won't keep up with the Nav. I should say it looks like it starts (bing sound and a little lightning bolt on the battery) but it dosent charge.
    I have a Sprint branded charger (5v, 850mamp) and it works better but still not as it should
    Thanks
    email sent.
  10.    #50  
    @echo

The part number you mentioned is for the Retail kit (retail plastic housing) of the charger.. If you look on the actual charger itself, it is the same part number as mine.

Regarding compatibility, I make sure they work before I send them out...each one is hand tested so there are no surprises.

Besides, I've sold to many here with no complaints.

Just trust me when I say they work 100percent for the palm pre
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Sweet " I'll take two then.
    Paypal cool?
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    i dont have a touchstone... anyone with a touchstone whom bought one from me can answer this?

this is the only piece i'm curious about considering all the hoopla i've heard about having to shave ends down and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post

Anyone confirm this?
    I bought identical looking car chargers on ebay recently and they didn't work with my Pre fyi...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I'll try to fill in some answers that I happen to know:

Quote Originally Posted by ECHO-313 View Post
    3.) Do you have to plug it in and unplug it a couple times to get it to start charging?
    Mine starts charging the Pre right away. The yellow circle around the Sprint logo glows to let you know electrical contact has been made with the car's 12v socket. (Sorry, my charger is in the car which the wife is out with at the moment, so I can't answer the remaining questions.)

Quote Originally Posted by sambao21 View Post
    this is the only piece i'm curious about considering all the hoopla i've heard about having to shave ends down and stuff.
    I believe shaving the end of the cable was needed on the monoprice (sp?) cables so they could work with the touchstone. This has nothing to do with the Sprint car charger.

Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    I bought identical looking car chargers on ebay recently and they didn't work with my Pre fyi...
    Yep GFunk, I had PM'ed the OP about a cheaper deal I saw on eBay before buying. (I wasn't trying to "cut a deal", I just wanted the seller to know what "the other guy" was doing.) He believed those even cheaper than $10 chargers were old stock. The seller said his wholesaler had offered him a good price earlier that he declined to take because they wouldn't work. This batch seems to be later and doesn't have those problems.

One word of caution to those of you with touchstones. You should do further research about whether these car chargers will power a touchstone before buying. ECHO-313's questions appear to be the first attempt on this thread to dig for that answer. If you don't need to use this with a touchstone, I'd say to go ahead and get in on this deal.

Someone mentioned getting a USPS tracking number. I think it all depends on the timing. I ordered a couple of days before the July 4th holiday. The seller indicated to me the package would just have stamps on it and no tracking number. That was fine with me as I knew first class mail is pretty fast anyway.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Trim81... I just Paypal'd you for one charger! I look forward to hearing from you and receiving the charger!!!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Sending you an email!!!
  18.    #58  
    ALL orders that were paid today 7-8-09 were just shipped.

Re: tracking info. If you order has 2 or more pieces, I throw on a tracking number... if only 1 then I put postage stamps
    Thanks Trim for the three chargers I ordered on Mon. I received them today and they went from Calf. To Pa. Awesome communication and shipping. These car chargers work with the Touchstone, it was the first thing I tried as soon as I received it. They are flawless!!!!!

Remember you do have to shave a bit off the end for them to fit into the Touchstone, grinding wheel works beautifully.
    Last edited by mbsprinter; 07/09/2009 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Directions
  20.    #60  
    Guys, PLEASE try to transfer with BofA!!!!

the Paypal fees are a killer, (I am asking as a favor)
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast