Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516 LastLast
    Trim! I still have that defective charger. Sprint won't replace it without a receipt and you haven't answered my e-mails or PM's. I'm sorry to have to post here but I don't know what else to do.

Please take care of this.
  2.    #282  
    Yes I have been recieving your emails and PM, your purchase has been made sometime in november or December of 2009 (I forget the exact date...but I can look it up if needed in Paypal)

This has been SO LONG now, and asking me to warrant the charger for 5-6 months is uncalled for.

I do not think I can exchange it, being 5-6 months in.

If there were issues, we could have taken care of this within the first 1 week or so.

Even Best Buy or Sprint have a 14 day return Policy, and this doesnt even come close.

Its not fair for me.

I will pm you
    Last edited by trim81; 04/20/2010 at 04:30 PM.
    Obviously there are details you've omitted. There we indeed issues but you asked me to resolve them through a Sprint store, which I tried to do (unsuccessfully). However, since you're accepting the charger back for a refund the issue has been resolved satisfactorily so no more needs to be said.
    I emailed you and sent you a PM and haven't heard anything. Are you still around?
  5.    #285  
    YUP still here.

havent been on the forums lately, been car shopping.

sent you my bofa acct # now. deposit the $$ and I will mail a new one out tommorrow morning.

thanks
    Got my car charger last night. Modded it and it is now powering the touchstone in my car. Thanks Trim for helping us all out.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    What has to be modded? It does not fit the car charger without doing something?
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    The plastic for the USB is too big for the hole in the Touchstone.
    If you aren't using a TS in your car, this charger works perfectly with the Pre.
    I've had mine (from Trim) since around Christmas, and it is working great.
  9.    #289  
    correct- the tip (plastic) is a bit thick to be insered into the touchstone.

so if you wish to use it on a touchstone, you will have to shave it some... (very easy, use a razor blade)

if you do not need it for a touchstone, then it's an oem (original) harger for the Palm Pre and no shaving is needed . Simply plug and play.

BTW- thanks jac-3 for the reply.

I haven't been on the forums much lately, been busy with some life changing events (good ones). But I still log on once a day because I cannot get away from my beloved Pre and precentral

I still have plenty of chargers available, both home and car chargers. $10 ea

refer to post #1 for ordering details.

Thanks again to all whom supported me. Been on this forum (and treocentral) for over 4-5 years now, and I am the biggest Palm F$anboy there is
    Hi, just to tell, yesterday I got a wall charger and a car charger, I just want to say Thanks!!!

Both chargers work as intended, they're rated at 1000mA, and work excellent!!!

Thank you for the trouble!
  11.    #291  
    NuttyBunny's chargers were shipped to MEXICO, which was delivered fine.

I am now open to ship out of country (non USA) as well.

----of course you pay shipping. So out of country folk's feel free to email me or pm me for shipping costs

thanks
    made a trade with trim and received my charger in three days! very quick shipping and a nice guy!
    Just a tip, if your connector wiggles a bit and sometimes won't charge, you can press it a bit with some pliers. Not too much pressure or you'll ruin the micro usb connector.

It happened with both connectors, I squished them just a little bit and now they're as good as new again
    sent my money, got the charger, trimmed it and it works like a charm! On the keystone, it charged 10% in like 4 minutes. Awesome- thanks so much!
  15.    #295  
    bumped, lots more available.

I also had time to test on BB Touch, Curve, and new HTC Sprint EVO --all works fine
    I found a small problem with the chargers.

The car charger moves a little on the connector side, and it makes that sometimes it doesn't charge, rendering car charging useless as it's always in motion. I did have this problem once also with the wall charger, but I found the solution.

Grab some pliers and press just a bit the micro usb charger connector, just a bit so it makes a slight curve, this way the connectors will stick in place and it won't fail again.

I did this about a week ago and I haven't had the problem since.

Thanks again!
    I guess that I'll have to break out the razor or the Dremel but wonder if I need to remove my overclock ipk if I'm going to use the TouchStone very much. I know it tends to heat the Pre and with the 800, I've already got to watch the temps (Much less in the car in the summer)!
  18.    #298  
    The new compache kernal from unix does not heat the Pre much...youll be fine. I recommend the compache kernal

Many users have the touchstone with the car charger hooked up with an overclocked Pre and they are fine.

--Just monitor your Pre however, and if you find it too hot, remove it for 10 minutes from the touchstone
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    well for the price of the car charger this is not a bad price but they dont last long. I had my charger for less then a year and its dead now. It will not charge anyting but I think i may just have to pick up a new one as 10bucks is a good price for this charger. Just wish the light would work to show you its on. that lights stopped working after about 2 weeks and I have had about 4 of these chargers in all and all do the same thing.

All in all its a good charger that will do what you need. the home charger works great. I no longer have a pre and have an evo now but these chargers still work as its the same hookup. I use these chargers to charge all my phone right now.

i will have to put my order in for another home and car charger soon.
    My car charger still works, I use it everyday. The funny thing is that the lights stopped working also, but it still charges at full speed