1.    #1  
    I just bought a plat and am interested in a stowaway keyboard. I would ideally like one in great condition for a reasonable price. I checked Ebay and was amazed that people are willing to pay 10.00 less for a used one. (Why not just buy the NEW one for 89 (amazon) ). I then checked another auction and saw the same. Why is resale on a used stowaway so high?
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" President George W. Bush
    Originally posted by Ontheedge
    I just bought a plat and am interested in a stowaway keyboard. I would ideally like one in great condition for a reasonable price. I checked Ebay and was amazed that people are willing to pay 10.00 less for a used one. (Why not just buy the NEW one for 89 (amazon) ). I then checked another auction and saw the same. Why is resale on a used stowaway so high?
    Ebay is not a good gage of price. Many people think "Hmm, EBay is cheaper than anybody, because it's an auction and I can trust the judgement of my fellow bidders. Therefore, if I buy it on Ebay, I save $$." One guy thinking that is fine, but imagine that 50% of the folks on EBay think that: scary.

I agree with you, though, unless you're saving at least 25%, go for the newer item w/ the warranty.

By the way, according to www.mysimon.com , that Amazon price is the cheapest!
    Ontheedge,
    I have a Stowaway keyboard that I will sell to you for $65, plus $3 shipping.

The keyboard has been used, although it is in great shape and I have never had any problems with it. There are a few very small nicks on the outside of the case, and a little surface wear on the keys (mostly just the spacebar), but otherwise it looks brand new. I have the software on CD (as well as the newer driver) and all the original packaging.

Reply here, or e-mail me directly through my VisorCentral profile if you are interested. I can also send you some digital photos if you want. Otherwise I will put it up on EBay next week.

- Ryan

PS - I love the keyboard and the only reason that I am selling it is that I had to buy a new handheld as my Visor died, so I needed a different keyboard to fit it.
    Hey, I just noticed that Amazon has the Stowaway keyboard on sale for $79.95, plus free shipping!. If you go to Deal.mac, and click on the coupons link, there is a coupon for $10 off $75, which brings the price of the keyboard down to $69.95!
  5.    #5  
    I wish I had been patient and waited a day. I ordered the keyboard from Amazon. I used a coupon, but it still came to about 85.00 including shipping. RATS! I could have purchased Wordsmith for the difference
    Thanks for the info anyway (I guess, sometimes ignorance is bliss).
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" President George W. Bush
  6.    #6  
    Yea! I found amazon's phone number archived on this board somewhere (I couldn't find it on their website anywhere) and decided to call them and ask for a credit of the difference. Stacy at customer service told me that the item had been shipped, so she would credit my card. I was afraid that due to the slow economy, they would be creepy and stingy (although I could have just returned it and ordered it at the lower price). Anyway, I am very psyched to get the stowaway for that price (69.95). Excellent!! I am so glad there is a site like VisorCentral. Thanks for all of the info. everyone.