1.    #1  
    Before I start rambling about what just happened to me, let me just say the the situation is NOT OVER and Staples can still redeem itsself.

OK, what just happened: When I got my Visor and Stowaway keyboard at Staples, my mom purchased an extended warrentyish thingymajig for the Stowaway. Well, about a little less than a year later, the Stowaway breaks. It won't close. I can't explain it, don't ask. But today, I go back to Staples (a different branch), and they say, "We don't sell extended warrentyish things for the Stowaway." Oh boy. So my mom points out that they definately did sell her the warrenty. So they say to try calling the number on the warrenty slip, and if that doesn't work, go to the staples where we bought it.

I think that sounds fair, I'll see what happens. And also, I think it may be covered by Targus's warrenty, I'm not sure.
    -Bernie

"One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
    -Dan Quayle
    Originally posted by ernieba1
    \When I got my Visor and Stowaway keyboard at Staples, my mom purchased an extended warrentyish thingymajig for the Stowaway. Well, about a little less than a year later, the Stowaway breaks. It won't close. I can't explain it, don't ask. But today, I go back to Staples (a different branch), and they say, "We don't sell extended warrentyish things for the Stowaway." Oh boy. So my mom points out that they definately did sell her the warrenty. So they say to try calling the number on the warrenty slip, and if that doesn't work, go to the staples where we bought it.

I think that sounds fair, I'll see what happens. And also, I think it may be covered by Targus's warrenty, I'm not sure.
    Last edited by dkouz; 08/01/2001 at 06:15 PM.
    Originally posted by ernieba1
    Before I start rambling about what just happened to me, let me just say the the situation is NOT OVER and Staples can still redeem itsself.

OK, what just happened: When I got my Visor and Stowaway keyboard at Staples, my mom purchased an extended warrentyish thingymajig for the Stowaway. Well, about a little less than a year later, the Stowaway breaks. It won't close. I can't explain it, don't ask. But today, I go back to Staples (a different branch), and they say, "We don't sell extended warrentyish things for the Stowaway." Oh boy. So my mom points out that they definately did sell her the warrenty. So they say to try calling the number on the warrenty slip, and if that doesn't work, go to the staples where we bought it.

my bad for the first reply, opps!
    I work for Staples in IL and work with warranties all the time.
    #1 do you have the receipt? if not, don't try to go any farther
    #2 how much did the plan cost? $10 covers ONLY the keyboard $40-60 cover ONLY the Visor
    #3 What stores did you buy from and come back to?
    #4 if you're still going go to a store and have them call 800-983-9222, its a associate only # to help you.
    #5 if they still have no idea how to help you have them give you their DM's name and number explain your issue to him/her and that store WILL help you!
    #6 tell me what stores you have been dealing with I might be able to pull some strings.

Derek
    #367 Champaign IL
    When I had a problem with my keyboard, I called Targus, and within minutes they were getting info from me to exchange mine for a new one. They never asked where I purchased it, how long I had it, nothing like that. They have some of the best support I've ever seen.
    IYYAYAS

AMMO - Providing the enemy the opportunity to die for his country.
    I actually had this same thing happen to my stowaway (scary, eh?) -

just call targus, they will have no problems replacing your kb.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff