1.    #1  
    Has anyone ever done business with http://shop.brando.com.hk/ before?

I've order a couple of items, and I was just wondering how long it's going to take to receive the order. I know the company is overseas (Japan, I believe).

If you have used them before, how long did it take to get your order?
    They are in Hong Kong (HK) I am thinking of ordering from them also. What did you order?
    My Treo has more memory than I do.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by j762538
    They are in Hong Kong (HK) I am thinking of ordering from them also. What did you order?
    Monday, I ordered the Edge screen protector. I've used all the screen protectors (CompanionLink, WriteRight) and didn't like them for a number of reasons. The brando site claims these won't bubble up and are reusable. We'll see.....

Tuesday, I purchased the Edge HotSync/Charger cable. I didn't want 2 cables like the Handspring website offers so I'm going to try brando's. Again, we'll see how it works.....

The shipping was only $3 so they must be coming snail mail.
  4.    #4  
    Just got my first order from Brando and they ROCK!!

I ordered the Hotsync/charger cable for the Visor Edge. it only cost $18!!! Handspring wants $35 for a charging cable, and $20 for a Hotsync cable... forget those over-priced items.

The visor hotsyncs perfectly and it pulls power from the USB port to charge. Haven't had any problems yet and the charging is working great.

This will be great for traveling. I can see where having a seperate travel charger is a good idea too. For those times you need to charge but don't want to fire up the laptop (laptop must be running for power to the usb port).

I hope the screen protectors I ordered are this good too.

I can't believe someone in the states haven't designed one of these yet. Thanks Brando!
  5.    #5  
    just received order number 2 from Brando.

This time I ordered the screen protectors for my Edge. This is the BEST screen protector available. I've tried all the rest and nothing compares to this. You get one protector that should last 6+ months for $12. The protector fits the Edge perfectly and when applying, no bubbles. The material is slightly thicker then the rest of the protectors but it doesn't effect graffiti recon at all. On the other hand, the thickness of the material is what makes it easy to apply. The feel of the protector is slightly grainy but when writing on it, it feels like a brand new digitizer glass, no drag, no bumps, stumps, or lumps. It couldn't be better.

It's suppose to be washable too, so we'll see how that works in a month or two.

Goodbye WriteRight, CompanionLink, NUShield, & All the others.... Hello Brando!
  6. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    I also ordered a screen protector from them, no problems at all.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by Rob
    I also ordered a screen protector from them, no problems at all.
    Have you tried washing it yet?
    According to the info, it's washable. I'm a little concerned about the adhesive that holds it in place. Although not very much adhesive is used, what keeps the "wash" from taking it off?

I read a review of these protectors and they said they washed their's with no problem...
  8. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Originally posted by smittyofdhs

Have you tried washing it yet?
    According to the info, it's washable. I'm a little concerned about the adhesive that holds it in place. Although not very much adhesive is used, what keeps the "wash" from taking it off?

I read a review of these protectors and they said they washed their's with no problem...
    Nope, I haven't gotten mine dirty yet.
    Got my car charger today. Its small and works well charging the phone in my Platinum. And it has the best price.
    My Treo has more memory than I do.
  10.    #10  
    Originally posted by Rob

Nope, I haven't gotten mine dirty yet.
    Well, for "$hits and giggles" I decided to try washing the protector. First I sent an email to Brando to verify that this was the right thing to do, and he said "no problem".

You can wash them and the adhesive isn't lost. But I would suggest using a can of compressed air (available in the computer section at Best Buy) to get the excess water off. Anything you touch to the back side (adhesive side) will leave lint. I tried it with some pater towels the first time. After reinstalling the protector I could see tiny lint all over the protector. So I washed again and this time used the can of air. That worked much better and no lint was left.

After doing this test I would recommend that you don't wash them because they are just not the same afterwards. Things seem a bit "glazed" over. Also, since the protectors are so durable, I'm going to buy 3-4 more and just use them once. They should last more then 6 months due to the durability and then just throw them away instead of trying to reuse them. I think this will work best for me.....