Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Visorosity.com is Here !!

Please visit www.visorosity.com and be the first to help it GROW!!

Visorosity - Win an 8mb Backup module...!

Be sure to refer your friends. As like you, they are capable of winning a Handspring™ 8mb Backup Module. The first 2001 subscribers to the Visorosity Newsletter are automatically entered to WIN! We will post the winners of our promotion(s) in our future Newsletter(s) as well as the Visorosity.com website.

Be sure to check out the Visorosity eStore for big savings and low price opportunities as well.

"Visor Is"..Visorosity Can. We're Finally Here To Fill You In...

Things you will find at Visorosity: We will be providing a Palm™OS software application section, with applications that are of most request, not cluttered with unnecessary items. Our frequently asked questions section contains detailed information to assist you with problems or simply lend some insight.
    Our discussion boards will be a great resource to express your thoughts, ask a question, or learn from others experience. The Visorosity eStore is your one stop shop for handheld products, modules, cradles, cables, cases, books, etc.
    We took it upon ourselves to give you the easiest online shopping experience.
    No more searching for exactly what you want. We've categorized everything.

We appreciate your visit to our site and hope to see you return for more.

Please be sure to frequent our discussion board or send your technical questions to: techsupport@visorosity.com

Visorosity - eSTORE... Electronic shopping online, made safe and easy!

It couldn't be any easier! We have partnered with Amazon.com to provide for you the easiest online shopping experience ever. No more searching. We have categorized items, with a description of what each product contains. Take a look and compare! Click here to go directly to the eStore.

Have Fun!!
    Thank You,
    Fabian
    Webmaster - www.visorosity.com
    Interseting! (and thank you for posting your message in the appropriate forum) I've signed up for the newsletter now.. Though. I don't think anything canbe better than VC can maybe it's the fact that I'm part of vc.. oh well :-D Good luck!
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Well, maybe it's in the Marketplace category, but I still think it's a little tacky to advertise a competing website on the competitor's discussion board.

Took a quick look anyway. I'm not fond of the header - to difficult to read and there are several typos on the main page: "messgaes" and "conduit manangers."

Lastly, I'd like to know your policy on your subscriber list before I sign up for anything. It may not be privacy stuff, but who needs the extra spam.
    I give it a thumbs up
    Anomaly: Ther's always filters
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    So what does visorosity have that VC doesn't?
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Originally posted by homer
    So what does visorosity have that VC doesn't?
    One thing I noticed is that they have someone to answer questions that used to work for HS, I think in there tech support department.
    Howard
  8.    #8  
    That is correct!

3 Months after Handspring first started!

After recently leaving Handspring Technical Support, The decision was to apply future career goals of being an astounding web designer/developer and thus have brought forth Visorosity.com !

We don't want to give you all of what is to come; in the first week of this web sites release! Stay tuned!
    Thank You,
    Fabian
    Answer questions about what? Tech support issues?

That sounds interesting, but if you left 3 months after Handspring first started, I don't see how you'd know a whole lot about the internal workings of handspring now and/or be familiar with all of the new models. That's not meant to be an insult or anything, I just don't see how being an ex-tech support person for handspring adds value to the site.

But, anyways, good luck with the site. I think you'll have some very tough competition from the already well-established VC, but it's nice to see someone else out there trying to do it better.

(p.s...you may want to turn off all of your table borders...they look a little out of place on the site)
    -David Byrne
  10.    #10  
    allow me to requote myself to ensure understanding of my previous experience..

I started with Handspring Technical Support ( February 2000 )

I left Handspring Technical Support, last week.
    ( end of June 2001 )

Your flaming is tolerated, but definetly not encouraged !

I highly encourage your visit to www.visorosity.com . Visorosity is providing you, the avid PDA user another excellent online resource. We at Visorosity wish to welcome other Palm OS and PDA users as well.
    Last edited by visorosity.com; 07/06/2001 at 02:57 PM.
    Thank You,
    Fabian
    I don't see how attitude like that is going to attract people from here to your site. Your answer was ambiguous and could have easily been interpreted as homer did. Granted, you don't seem to be a native English speaker, but still...
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    you flaming is tolerated but not encouraged !
    Whoa. Cool it, buddy. I wasn't attacking you. It sounded like you left Handspring Technical Support 3 months after it started, which to me sounded just like you said. I was just questioning why that had anything to do with anything.

Your repost makes a lot more sense, and clarified the issue. Thank you.

The point is, however, that your very first post to this community site is one advertising your own web site that also happens to be a direct competitor to this very site.

On top of that, the post said nothing about yourself, or why you were posting. It was basically an impersonal press release. How about a 'hi, my name is' to start things off?

You have done nothing to earn our respect. That's all. I'm not saying you are a bad person, or anything like that. I am just curious as to what your 'sales pitch' is. I don't see anything compelling on your site that isn't offered on this site.

Basically, if you are going to advertise to your target audience (us) be prepared to sell yourself.

There's been a handful of vendors on this site that try and hock their wares and services only to run off when we start asking questions.

I'm tough on salesmen/woman. Don't take it personally
    -David Byrne
    My understanding is that he doesn't want to be flamed on his site. Not that you flamed him... and that jive about speaking Native english? That has nothing to do with the way we write.

It's a decent effort for something starting up. There's no competition if you provide an avenue to more information. It's sharing knowledge. People quote PDAbuzz and post here all the time. Fabian appears to be an 'affiliate' of VisorCentral so the News section indicates.
    Yea well, if I came across too accusatory, Visorosity, my apologies.

There's no competition if you provide an avenue to more information. It's sharing knowledge.
    Right. But VisorCentral is here to make money. They are not necessarily doing it for the goodwill of mankind. Visorosity and VC are technically competitors. They are competing for our eyeballs. Which, in turn, leads to more revenue.

Not that competition is wrong, mind you. It's just that if you plan to sell your services on a competitor's site, you should be prepared to sell it good!
    -David Byrne
    Originally posted by mrknowitall:
    My understanding is that he doesn't want to be flamed on his site. Not that you flamed him...

Quite possible that's what he meant. The fragmented sentences make it a bit hard to determine for sure.

and that jive about speaking Native english? That has nothing to do with the way we write.

I didn't say that there was no way he was a native English speaker. His sentence structure and word choice just seems more reminiscent of a non-native speaker. Lord knows that native speakers can mangle the language, too, but there's usually an intuitive difference. Are you a non-native speaker that you seem to have taken the comment in a negative way? I couldn't care less if someone's native language isn't English other than from the standpoint of facilitating communication.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Sorry, my DSL was freaking out.

--David
    Took a look at the site and I hate the disscussion board layout. This type of layout where it is broken in catagories is much more appealing to me. I don't know it could be worth my time in a month or two once more people are on it. But look on the bottem of the news page. They copyied our news items and our logo. I wonder if they asked?

--David
    umm. We have our news feeds aviable to anyone who wants it in php, and xml versions. http://www.visorcentral.com/page/0-2-567-2.htm And I really don't see how they stole our logo. Visoroscity's is nothing like that. I geuss I'm beign so nice,, is I'm not a flamer.. and me thinks that visorcentral needs more competition were getting lax about things I think these next couple o months we need to show who's on top!
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    OK, I just hadn't seen that option before, sorry.

--David
    I liked Miradu2000's comment. I read VC every few days and enjoy the discussions. But lately there seems to be more chit-chat and less hard/useful information. Maybe I'm a little more sophistocated in visor use, but the 'competition' might be a good chance to see if anything about this site should be modified. Some specific threads for specific uses, like visor-medicine or datebook4 Q and A threads might be cool. Anyway the 'competition' has a discussion board with one post so far--not much competition yet.
    'Make everything as simple as possible but not simpler'--Albert Einstein
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast