1.    #1  
    I thought I would bring it to your attention that geodiscovery makers of the Geode GPS module have been accepting returns and not proving refunds to customers.

I hope someone that knows what to do about this reads this letter.

basically they don't answer their phones or return emails. and people have reported sending in their units with RMA numbers and never receiving refunds!

this is appalling and if this is allowed to happen with springboard modules then the handspring platform will ultimately fail.

by the way they also have severely violated the truth in advertising laws by lying to customers and fraudulent advertisements. if you know anything about this product the following will make since. Their software does NOT support color like they claim. They do not have topographical map software. Their memory expansion via MMC's does not work. There is no web based application for route planning like they show on their box!

http://www.geodiscovery.com

anyone that knows what to do about this please let me know
    Maybe It's time to find a lawyer and start a class action suit against geodiscovery. Everything you have said about them is true. I have no idea why Handspring still even has them listed as a Device maker and shows there product on there site. I think the assets of geodiscovery should be frozen so incase they try to Vanish maybe someone can get some money back. I also think that Handspring should go after them since they have defrauded there user's right under there nose's
  3.    #3  
    i totally agree.

geodiscovery is no longer in the business of selling products. They lie cheat and steal,

No one should buy geodiscovery products.
    Damn Troy, I've been silently reading your post, along with all the other's in the GeoDiscovery forums. I understand your tee-d off about the non-contact from GD, but you've resorted to polluting the non-restricted forums now too. I have agreed with your position, but your barging in and stirring it up manner has to, at the minimum, be limited to the GD forum.

I saw your rant earlier today in the modules section, and I thought.. Fine, He's just letting people who may be considering the Geode to beware. OK, you've done that. This thread is beyond that. This is troll bait, and nothing more. You've made your point over and over already. Why start another thread?

Also, you claim GD stole you $$, but YOU still have what you bought. Hmmm.. you bought something, still have it, and claim your money was stolen. You've contacted the BBB, and things are in the works. Hope it works out for you, and there is the potential of losing your $$, but that hasn't happened.

The company is in trouble and we all know that now. They might make it out of trouble or not, you don't know that, nor do we. Thanks for telling us to be wary. BYE
  5.    #5  
    i only stated facts here in the public areas to warn people whats going on.

i have reported to the BBB and the Federal Trade Commission.

i think that people should know whats going on with this pathetic company so that they dont get ripped off

and they have stolen my money because they told me that until they get all thier features working i can get a refund at any time. it has been months since i sent my first email requesting an RMA number. no response. I have emailed them at least 40 times and called many many times.. all have gone unanswered, so I would say that they have STOLEN my money

thanks
    troy
    I don't think he is so wrong for posting his displeasure with Geo all over place, All I know is I read a add for a product that said they do this and they do that and they are the best thing under the sun and I went and bought it, Now the people on the phone who took the order could have said the product is in beta and the software at this time does not do everything the add says and they could have said do you still wish to order the product. They just took the order and then took my money feed us lies and now left us out to hang in the cold. If Geodiscovery is so upset about the posts and things being said about them then let them come forward with some sort of official statement. The fact they have not done this say's one thing and one thing only, They don't care about the people who invested so far by getting there product and they sure as heck don't care about any sort of future sales.
    So don't yell at the messenger blame the people who deserve to get yelled at that being Geodiscovery.
    Originally posted by twuelfing
    and they have stolen my money because they told me that until they get all thier features working i can get a refund at any time. it has been months since i sent my first email requesting an RMA number. no response. I have emailed them at least 40 times and called many many times.. all have gone unanswered, so I would say that they have STOLEN my money
    WHile I agree with the "squeeky wheel gets the grease" philosophy, I would agree with Larry. If you still have the product then they have not stolen your money. YOu GAVE it to them. If they are not returning your emails, phone calls or other forms of communications that sucks.

I would be careful though to stick to the facts and not use lots of colorful adjectives such as "They lie cheat and steal," as you might be setting yourself up for Libel.
  8.    #8  
    I can prove to you that they lie. i think thats fairly obvious. It is my opinion that they are thieves because i brought the false advertising up to them and they agreed it was misleading, but did nothing to fix it. As far as cheating goes, i will give you that one, i have nothing to back that up.
    Originally posted by twuelfing
    I can prove to you that they lie. i think thats fairly obvious. It is my opinion that they are thieves because i brought the false advertising up to them and they agreed it was misleading, but did nothing to fix it. As far as cheating goes, i will give you that one, i have nothing to back that up.
    Actually they did indeed cheat their customers. People who bought the Geode bought a product that did not have the features that it was advertised to have. Saying that they said not all features were implemented does not change that. There was, and is, an expectation that those features would be implemented. The fact that they then refuse to let customers to return the merchandise because it is still not as advertised makes that cheating in both mine and Webster's book. IMHO.
  10.    #10  
    thats a good logical response. dont get me wrong I hate Geodiscovery with a passion. i am not taking thier side, I appreciate you pointing out even better than i can how truly low they are.
    s'cool...I wasn;t trying to diss you...just making sure that you're careful with what you say on public boards.