1.    #1  
    2 month old Visor Prism; Will accept Paypal. I just bought Palm m505. All original packaging and software. Will throw in an extra stylus. Will negotiate shipping. email-jscalia@home.net
    Why did you decide to buy the 505 over keeping your prism?

I am going to be in the market for one of the color palms in the next month or so, and am really curious. The only thing I will miss from my VDX is the SoundsGood module. But I am looking at the Color Clie as an alternative. Is the 505 that much better than the Prism? Or do you really just like the form factor?
    Originally posted by patwoods
    Why did you decide to buy the 505 over keeping your prism?

I am going to be in the market for one of the color palms in the next month or so, and am really curious. The only thing I will miss from my VDX is the SoundsGood module. But I am looking at the Color Clie as an alternative. Is the 505 that much better than the Prism? Or do you really just like the form factor?
    Missing your soundsgood in the future? would it help if it went to a good home? I'll take it (yes, & pay) off your hands...

...actually, patwoods, it's almost too bad that you're leaving your VDX, after the amount of work you put into getting a cable solution for your samsung!
    Actually, odds are I will get the prism, but I just want to make sure whatever I get will be the best of the three for my use.

The 505 form is obviously tempting, but I can get over that - I don't mind the bulk of my VDX. Since I have the Flash module and the SG, not to mention the cable to the cellphone, I will likely not abandon the HS platform, but I see several VPR owners jumping ship and wanted to know specifically why before I made a final decision.

Plus I am really hoping they will announce a color edge sometime within the next month or so...
    Yep, I would stick with the prism if I were you (unless HS does have the color bomb.)

I just had a thought: what is HS was really smart & had a color edge that used the same screen as the m505, but waited to see our reaction to it before they released it? They may have gone straight back to the drawing board---or maybe they're integrating an always-on backlight & contrast control??

Shots in the dark.
  6.    #6  
    I am abandoning the prism for the m505 for several reasons but I am paying dearly for it with all the hardward/accessories I have to give up and buy new.
    1.) form factor-much lighter,compact, sturdier case
    2.)Very readable screen in all lighting conditions
    3.) Much improved battery life! big factor
    4.)No need to swap springboards in order to use the modem (big pain in the ***).
    I took a look at the m505 in the new Apple Store last weekend and was TOTALLY unimpressed with the display. It was dull and washed out compared to the IIIC and WAY dull compared to the Prism...It was nice and small but I didn't like the screen at all.