Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    New in 12/06, barely used, like new in every respect, comes with all Palm accessories, $60 leather case, car charger, Martin Fields bombproof screen protector.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270139856189
    Brian
    The SD card door looks loose/open in one of your pics? Is it really loose?
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Not at all. That's just a super detailed high-res photo and the light caught the edge of the door just right. It's flush.
    Brian
    I think you should point out this is an ATT phone, it is not an unlocked Palm phone.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    The ad directly states that it is an AT&T phone and that I do not provide an unlocking code, but that one can be obtained. I'm not sure what you're missing there.
    Brian
    Actually it says "Palm Treo 680 MANY EXTRAS, CASE, CAR CHARGER, PERFECT" as its title. I was pretty confused by it. Then the description is also titled

"This is a very lightly used and absolutely mint Palm Treo 680 PDA phone with car charger, $60 leather case, all manuals and accessories, original packing."

It is not until the end of the paragraph that I eventually found this:

" I bought this new in December and have barely used it. It is like new in every respect -- no nicks, dings, scratches, or malfunctions of ANY kind. It comes with a Martin Fields screen protector, the best money can buy (it never has to be replaced and is as clear today as it was when I bought it six months ago). Can be unlocked to work with other carriers than AT&T (you have to get an unlocking code, I don't provide that as a part of sale). You won't find one cleaner than this!"

That's what I missed, a statement in the title (even here, as well, where it isn't mentioned) that it is a locked ATT phone. I'm not sure it's so easy to unlock, and if it were, maybe you should have it unlocked first--or else say more clearly in the title that it is locked. That's all.
    the title is fine and not confusing. If someone purchases the phone without reading the whole description, than buyer takes the risk.
    But why make the buyer read about it at all? It's central to the product.
    Are you kidding? Reading isn't that difficult or labor intensive process for most people. The description is all of 10 lines or so. It is not like it is a 400 page book.
    But when you're going through a whole bunch of listings it's nice to eliminate those you don't want. Plus, in the very end, you never really explicitly state it"s an ATT phone. Instead you say, this phone can be unlocked from ATT. That's unnecessarily indirect.
    I didn't do anything. This is not my listing. And like you said it is "nice" to have the additional information there - it is not necessary. Further, if you can figure out what it is saying, whether indirectly or however, it should not matter so long as you or a reasonable person of reasonable intelligence can understand it. Also, people should not have to write descriptions or listings so you can read it and understand it easily.
    OK...for what it is worth...after all this yackin'...is this thing still for sale. I might be interested depending upon price etc.

if so...PM me.

Thanks

Skigs
    Quote Originally Posted by skigs View Post
    OK...for what it is worth...after all this yackin'...is this thing still for sale. I might be interested depending upon price etc.

if so...PM me.

Thanks

Skigs
    Kind of backs up mdavis's point, doesn't it?

I do agree though, that anyone interested in this price of an item needs to read the entire description.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas