1.    #1  
    I stood in line ALL DAY to get this stupid thing for my girlfriend, only to find out that she doesn't want it. Do you? Make me an offer. No reasonable offer refused. Pic's upon request.

It's also listed for sale on Ebay.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wow, you are so nice to your girlfriend. Did she say why she did not like it?
    i would be willing to go 750 for it.
  4.    #4  
    ronbo2000,
    She's apparently been paying more attention than I thought. She said she would rather have a treo!

dubbed1500,
    I have a local offer for just a bit more than yours. I'm looking to make the sale this morning. If it falls through, I'll let you know.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brains613 View Post
    rdubbed1500,
    I have a local offer for just a bit more than yours. I'm looking to make the sale this morning. If it falls through, I'll let you know.
    More than $7.50?

PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
  6.    #6  
    That's cute, Tirk. But come on, you know you want it.... )
    The apple store here locally ended up having them in stock so i got one. But thank you any ways and good luck with the sale
    I'll give you $599 minus $20 for it being open box. Else I'll have to pick it up brand new from my local store.
  9.    #9  
    Treosome,
    What makes you think it's opened? It's still sealed in the plastic. I never opened it.

My understanding is that they are still in stock in some places. In fact, the store that I bought mine from still has plenty. So if you can pick one up locally, then do so. It's interesting that some places are sold out, and have a four-week waitlist, and others have plenty in stock, even in the same geographic area. I expected some of the major metropolitan areas to sell out quickly, and the others to sell out shortly thereafter, but this lack of parity is pretty baffling. The Apple store in my area sold out last night, but many of the local Cingular stores have a pretty good stock. ( I called around out of curiousity.)

As far as the one I have goes, I'm just waiting until my ebay auction ends in a few hours, and if it doesn't sell, I'm just going to return it. Gave it a shot, huh.

Last thought: I know it's rather early to tell, but what does this mean for the iPhone projections, and the smartphone industry as a whole? Is this going to be as impactful as predicted?
    why not take the phone back to the store where you got it from
    If he makes money selling it, why bother returning it.

Some of the ebay sellers were getting more that the iPhone retail price due to the anticipated sellout but not all stores were sold out.
    Quote Originally Posted by brains613 View Post

Last thought: I know it's rather early to tell, but what does this mean for the iPhone projections, and the smartphone industry as a whole? Is this going to be as impactful as predicted?
    I think companies like Sony Ericsson and Nokia will take the best (like revamping GUIs to be simpler and flashier, glass casing maybe) and try and integrate it into what they have. The things ppl complain about (e.g. no replaceable battery, one key) they'll avoid. A good push for the market anyway you look at it!
    In that case, I got one on sale for 750 as well.