Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I've now received my third defective Inno Dock Junior. This one, like the others, does not charge the 750. While connected to a powered USB port, the Treo lights the red LED and the battery symbol changes to one indicating charging, but the battery level continues to drop.

I don't understand what is going on here - this is not rocket science. I have a $8 "sync and charge" cable I got from eBay which charges the 750 very nicely. Why can't a $30+ dock that claims to have been redesigned to fix this problem?

I will be returning this one to Seidio for a refund, along with the AC adapter they sold me as well. I hope that they will also refund my shipping costs, as I've spent $10 sending two of these back so far. I was told I would get a credit for the last one but never did.

Not recommended.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Also notice how he starts a new thread to advertise this new and improved product instead of putting this announcement, e.g., ad, in the threads complaining about the defective previous versions of same product.
    Quote Originally Posted by conekkted View Post
    So I got tired of waiting for a reply about my broken rubberized skin and faulty holster. So today I decided to actually call Margaret at Seidio. I started calling at 2:45 central time (their time zone). And here is how it went.

The automated message answers and says that their office hours are Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm cst. Perfect. They should be there.
    So I...
    Pushed 1 for online sales and I got...voicemail
    Called back
    Pushed 2 for corporate sales and I got...broken english voicemail
    Called back
    Pushed 3 for customer service and I got...voicemail
    Called back
    Pushed 4 for technical support and I got...asian guy voicemail
    Called back
    Pushed 5 for accounting and I got...Lucy Wayne(?) voicemail
    Called back
    Pushed 6 for marketing and I got...Sandra Chan(?) voicemail
    Called back
    Pushed 0 for operator and I got...drumroll please....VOICEMAIL!!!
    And no call back as of yet. Seidio, you've got some nerve.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    I was a big supporter and advocate for Seidio over the past few years and honestly felt they produced quality products. However, over the past 4-6 months there has been a noticeable decline in customer service and the company standing behind it's products.

I don't know if it's a personnel issue with key people leaving the company or Seidio outgrowing its britches. Use to, if consumers had an issue with products or services and raised them on this forum they were handled promptly.

I guess things have changed.
    That is why these forums are so great. It gives us the opportunity to hold vendors accountable for their products and services. If they prove to be incompetent at either, dozens of people will let them hear about it. And as it should be, their business will suffer. Even more powerful is the fact that threads like these quickly get crawled by the major search engines and will often appear at the top of searches for many of the keywords contained within. This is why it is important for people to provide both positive and negative feedback on issues like this. If you truly want to be a productive member of this community then don't just read a thread and pass it by. If you can intelligently corroborate or dispell a claim that someone makes, do so. This helps the next guy/gal who comes along and needs to make an informed decision about where to spend their hard-earned cash.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    Question... why does the 750 Innodock Junior have an Intergrated Palm Hotsync button?
    We had to make some internal changes to the Jr. when we realized that it wasn't working correctly with the 750. Rather than taking months to completely redesign the cradle we made the internal changes at the factory and continued production.

Thanks
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by HumP View Post
    Still awaiting word on this??? does anyone have this model # and can confirm that it works properly?
    We did take our existing Jr. and made changes to make it compatible with the 750. It is possible that a few of the first units had 700 stickers on them. It should work fine, but if you'd like a replacement with the correct sticker please email me at forums@sedio.com and I'll make sure you get it. Please reference this thread and your Treocentral name.

Thanks
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by conekkted View Post
    So I got tired of waiting...
    We do apologize for your issues. I know that we've had quite a few of our customer service people out sick recently and have been understaffed. Margaret is trying to handle as many individual problems as she can. I am going to be monitoring the forums@seidio.com email to try and help her out. Please use this email if your individual issues are not responded to.

Thanks
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    I've now received my third defective Inno Dock Junior. This one, like the others, does not charge the 750. While connected to a powered USB port, the Treo lights the red LED and the battery symbol changes to one indicating charging, but the battery level continues to drop.

I don't understand what is going on here - this is not rocket science. I have a $8 "sync and charge" cable I got from eBay which charges the 750 very nicely. Why can't a $30+ dock that claims to have been redesigned to fix this problem?

I will be returning this one to Seidio for a refund, along with the AC adapter they sold me as well. I hope that they will also refund my shipping costs, as I've spent $10 sending two of these back so far. I was told I would get a credit for the last one but never did.

Not recommended.
    Please email your information to forums@seidio.com and we'll get you squared away as quickly as possible.
    Ok.

If Seidio's Innodock Junior for the 750 isn't reliable and there seems to be no viable alternative out there cradle wise. Any suggestions on a charge/sync cable that doesn't need a AC cord?

Seidio makes a sync/charge USB cable. Any problems?

I'm making due using my old 650 Innodock Junior to sync the 750 but as one member mentioned, it doesn't charge the phone.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I'd expect that any Sync-n-Charge cable would work. I have one with a retractable cord that I tuck in my briefcase for travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    Ok.

If Seidio's Innodock Junior for the 750 isn't reliable and there seems to be no viable alternative out there cradle wise.
    I bought one of these and have been using it for about a week. Seems reliable to me, charges and synchs. No complaints here.
    Do these "new" Inno.Dock Juniors really work? I bought one back in March when they were shipping defective ones. Mine is one of the ones that didn't work properly. Seidio still hasn't contacted me back about this. I've been waiting for almost two months.
    I have been using the one that I purchased right here off of TreoCentral for weeks and it has been great. It even charges an extra battery.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Boxwave also sells a cradle for the 750 which is available in two models, with and without extra battery charging. Unfortunately, those of us who leave a case or even eGrips on our Treos don't have those options, as the Palm and Boxwave cradles require a "bare" Treo.

I've returned my Seidio cradle for a refund. It's too bad - I wanted it to work.
    Well, over two months ago, I placed an order for the hard case, holster and inno dock jr. the case didn't work, and neither did the dock. got an RMA and sent it back. a few days later, got an email stating they got the package and will send a replacement in a few days. 3 weeks past and nothing, so I called CSR and was told it was mailed 3 weeks ago, but post office is still showing as not delivered, she will find out whats going on and call me back. Never got a call.

I called today (one week later) and was told that since they have a delivery confirmation (which doesn't mean it was actually delivered), they did their job and they need to file a claim with the post office which will take 3 to 5 weeks to resolve. I don't even have the Treo 750 anymore for god's sake. I just want my money back at this point and not buy anything from them again. This has left and sour and bitter taste in my mouth. Its just a freaking case and a dock. I can't even imagine what would happen if I ordered expensive stuff from them.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, delivery confirmation is not worth very much. All that will happen is that Seidio will get a response from USPS saying that the package was delivered. Unless it was sent insured, USPS has no liability.

I don't understand something, though. In your first paragraph you said that "not showing as delivered" and in the second, "they have a delivery confirmation". Did it somehow get "delivered" in the subsequent week?

Most smaller companies won't reship on a claim of nondelivery if they get a delivery confirmation notice
    Check to see if the post office automatically covers/insures packages for up to $50 at no cost to the company or consumer.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    It does not. You may be thinking of UPS or FedEx which does that sort of thing ($100).
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    We do apologize for your issues. I know that we've had quite a few of our customer service people out sick recently and have been understaffed. Margaret is trying to handle as many individual problems as she can. I am going to be monitoring the forums@seidio.com email to try and help her out. Please use this email if your individual issues are not responded to.

Thanks
    seidioseidio, I have just written to forums@seidio and wsrma@seidio.com for my request of refund. Please kindly looking into it.

My email is raymond.cm.tam@gmail.com

Thank you
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast