Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I was just contacted. Thank you for following up.
    As amazingly as it sounds, the new back that they sent me, which they told me would be checked on a 700P in house before sending it to me, not only fit worse that all but the original from TreoCentral, but is actually visually uneven on both sides, and felt rough at the edges.

Clearly the QC efforts that were promised on my behalf were ignored. Also, there is nothing in the box that provides me with a phone number to call.

Just to be clear: I do NOT have a misshapen Treo!
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by OpasM View Post
    As amazingly as it sounds, the new back that they sent me, which they told me would be checked on a 700P in house before sending it to me, not only fit worse that all but the original from TreoCentral, but is actually visually uneven on both sides, and felt rough at the edges.

Clearly the QC efforts that were promised on my behalf were ignored. Also, there is nothing in the box that provides me with a phone number to call.

Just to be clear: I do NOT have a misshapen Treo!
    Like I said before it is not a matter of QC, but of tooling. Battery doors are one of the toughest products to make because we don't make the entire chassis. Because of the few complaints we've received here we are going to retool the door to see if we can get any closer to the original, but I can guarantee you it will probably never be identical. I will post when we have it available and we will gladly exchange it. If this is unacceptable I can talk to our owner on your behalf to see about sending your battery back for a refund. Please email me at forums@seidio.com and let me know what you'd like to do.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    I've dealt with Seidio before regarding these battery covers that they produce for Treos. Usually, they've just sent me another one without me having to send the defective one back in. Makes sense as it probably costs more to send them back to Seidio than it does to produce them.
    Not always true. I have been working on getting my cover exchanged and customer service today emailed me an rma form and wants me to send my cover back first before they will send me a new one. Does this sound right? This is after Russ gave me a number to call...
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Seido I'm having the same problem with my Battery door..I really do like the battery and it gets me through the day but I thought that it was supposed to look like that when I received it but mine also is not aligning up correctly on my phone and sticking out on the corner...is there a way I can send you my information to receive a replacement backing...thank you..

Brian
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlai View Post
    Not always true. I have been working on getting my cover exchanged and customer service today emailed me an rma form and wants me to send my cover back first before they will send me a new one. Does this sound right? This is after Russ gave me a number to call...
    Parts of customer service are automated and we do usually ask for customers to return the product. I don't deal with customer service which is why I send people to Margaret the manager so she can decide on exceptions and take care of people on the forums. You probably just received an automated email since you had emailed them before. As I said before, we're retooling the battery door to see if we can get it closer. If you'd like to wait I'll post here when they're available and we can get you a replacement then. If not, go ahead and call her.
  7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsu408408 View Post
    Seido I'm having the same problem with my Battery door..I really do like the battery and it gets me through the day but I thought that it was supposed to look like that when I received it but mine also is not aligning up correctly on my phone and sticking out on the corner...is there a way I can send you my information to receive a replacement backing...thank you..

Brian
    I would suggest that you keep it and wait for our retooled door. I'll post when it's available and we can exchange it then.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I think I'll wait for the retooled door and will be watching for your post...thanks.
    I just got one of the 3200 mAh Treo 650 batteries with a Cingular-colored door. The battery door fits perfectly, however the battery itself is not charging. I left it in the Treo plugged into the charger for 12 hours, with the red charge light illuminated, but the charge meter did not change. The Treo will not operate with this battery when taken off the charger. The new battery always feels cool to the touch, whereas the stock battery would feel warm while charging.

Is there something else I can try to make the battery charge, or is this just a bad battery?
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by celeriac View Post
    I just got one of the 3200 mAh Treo 650 batteries with a Cingular-colored door. The battery door fits perfectly, however the battery itself is not charging. I left it in the Treo plugged into the charger for 12 hours, with the red charge light illuminated, but the charge meter did not change. The Treo will not operate with this battery when taken off the charger. The new battery always feels cool to the touch, whereas the stock battery would feel warm while charging.

Is there something else I can try to make the battery charge, or is this just a bad battery?
    Can you send me an email at forums@seidio.com with your information? I'd like to have technical support call you in the morning.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Boy, the accessory business looks like loads of fun!

lol.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Are there any updates on the re-tooled doors?

I'm looking at buying this batter for my 700WX but I'm hesitant because of all the posts in the thread.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I'm thinking of purchasing this battery tomorrow, can anyone post pics of their battery cover that is poorly made. I can deal with it being a little jacked up until they come out with a fix. I think that the pros will outweigh the cons and maybe I can deal with it for a while. I am a power user of the phones features and use about 6000 minutes per month in airtime useage. Has anyone heard anything on those crystal cases for the extended battery? Thanks
    Just purchased the 3200mah and the new Multi-Function Battery charger combo for my 700p. I can't wait for it to get in!!!
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I just purchased the 3200mah today. It should be here on the 15th and I can't wait!
    Is it possible to buy this battery from Canada? I don't want to go through customs for items shipped from USA. Thanks
    I thought I read in another thread that TC was looking into some sort of Canadian option (warehouse or something) for this very reason -- but I do not think it is in place yet.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...86&postcount=8
    I just got my battery today. While the back case isn't 100% its definitely good enough. It hardly hangs over at all. Just from looking at it you can't tell it does at all...you have to run your finger along the bottom edge of the phone to feel it.

The battery is charging as we speak, I haven't even put it in my Treo yet, but so far I'm happy that the case fits good, I would say its a 99% close fit.

I'll report back with my results of using this battery as well.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Does anyone who has received the new battery have a Sena case for a Treo 700?

If so, does it fit?

Thanks,

JC
    Received my new 3200 battery and multi-function battery charger last night. Everything looks great. The battery cover hangs over right side edge a little but you can only tell by rubbing your finger along the edge. I love the multi-function battery charger. For some reason the treocentral store doesn't carry it. They really need too.

I'll post back with performance results after a few days.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast