Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hova View Post
    Yeah it's getting expensive but you gotta think, Do I go with a replacment battery from Palm that cost $59.99 or one from Seidio for $54 (77% more power than palm's) Pretty simple choice to me
    The new 3200mah battery is good, unless you use a skin case like me. I don't even think my Flexi Skin would fit if I got this battery. I need the Flexi Skin because it protects my keyboard, while still keeping it usable.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    The new 3200mah battery is good, unless you use a skin case like me. I don't even think my Flexi Skin would fit if I got this battery. I need the Flexi Skin because it protects my keyboard, while still keeping it usable.
    Good Point IsLNdbOi,

Hey David, will the treo still fit in cradles and other accessories( Like, Altec Lansing inMotion iMT1 Speaker)with this new battery?
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    Will Seidio be offering combo's for the 3200 extended battery like they did with the 2400 battery?
    Since we are griping about Seidio.. here I go. I have treo 700w.. and im on my 2nd clip from Seidio. The 1st one scratched the phone to hell.. and the "clicker" where the clip can turn from the holster stoped working ( read no more clicking just a smooth turn ). So I bought their gen2 clip for the 700w. I have to say I am getting no more scratches.. this is what should have been done from the start, but after 3 months of use, granted I dont hardly swivel the phone since it stays in my pocket.. but I expected it to last longer than my old one.. not less. Oh well.. oh I guess I can throw in .. since the screen protector is velvet or whatnot .. it traps dust / lent.. so my screen never stays clean(and yes i do have another protector on the screen )

</vent> </rant>

-- Sal
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I've snapped in two - from my belt - two of the Seidio holsters. They SUCK compared to the Helix Holster that I bought at the Palm store at SFO because I needed to replace the Seidio that broke while traveling. I have since purchased a second backup Helix but that is kind of silly because it is solid.

Buy the Helix - it rocks.

SMEGGIE
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I'm very interested in the 3200mAh battery from Seidio but this purchase would have me replacing some of the peripherals (my Palm cradle specifically, my Krusell case, perhaps my Helix holster) I have already purchased...which doesn't make me happy. Where I'm happy for Seidio for coming up with a methodology to spark a whole new revenue stream for themselves, I don't necessarily want to replace all of the things I use now.

Perhaps Seidio would be willing to bundle all of the things effected through the use of the 3200mAh battery...Seidio???

SMEGGIE
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    These are the instructions that came with my 2200 mAh battery from Lion Battery 18 months ago:

1. Fully charge it in the device for 12 to 15 hours to sync battery and device.
    2. Perform 3 to 5 full discharge/charge cycles to fully set the battery's chemistry for most power.
    3. Then keep it "topped off" to provide for it's longevity.

This following link is more geared at laptop batteries -- but it does provide some valuable insight:

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm
    Yes that site does give good info but you have to read the whole site and not just specific pages specifically noting the pages which address charging rate and power meters. If the power meter (battery gauge) is wrong, the smart charger may provide incorrect charging rates thereby having negative impact on charging rates. If your discharge rate is not linear (check every hour with it just sitting there and see is discharge rate is constant), then your battery gauge is outta whack. The battery university site has not been updated in quite soem time and it's been well over a year since teh site author has responded to any e0mails.

Last time we went thru this here on the forum, I called Palm's TS and was told to calibrate the battery gauge once per month by doing a full discharge. Apple's site and newer laptops site's concur that a wrong battery gauge can result in incorrect charging rates being applied. My 650 with standard battery is now 23 months old and, when necessary, I still easily can go a full week between charges.
    I just received my my 3200mAh battery from the treocentral store, and I had to call them because the cover doesn't fit quite right. They are sending me a replacement. I hope the new one fits.

One thing I noticed: The bigger battery gets somewhat hot while charging, something that my original battery does not do.
    Hi, all - received the battery last night...was half-charged. Got to full in less than 2 hours. Cover is a good match on my Sprint 700p. I have the Palm flex skin on it...bulges just a bit but still works. Also fits fine in my Palm leather case. So far so good....
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Received mine today via the TreoCentral store. I use the oem Treo Form Fit Case and it fit in that fine. My battery came almost fully discharged and was fully charged in 3 hours. So far I'm pleased but the real test will be tomorrow with a full day of work in front of me...
    Just got my replacement cover from TreoCentral, and although it is better than the first one, it has a flaw on one side that leaves a bit of a rough edge exposed. The last one was much worse though. I'm trying to decide if I should keep it as is, request another cover replacement, or just send the whole thing back.

Seidio, why are these case backs having these quality control issues? How about a response from the horse's mouth? ;-)
    Just got my replacement cover from TreoCentral, and although it is better than the first one, it has a flaw on one side that leaves a bit of a rough edge exposed. The last one was much worse though. I'm trying to decide if I should keep it as is, request another cover replacement, or just send the whole thing back.

Seidio, why are these case backs having these quality control issues? How about a response from the horse's mouth?
    Yeah they do have QC issues with those battery covers.. When I got my first reset hole battery cover, they had to exchange it 3 times because they all had some kind of very visible defects.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hova View Post
    Good Point IsLNdbOi,

Hey David, will the treo still fit in cradles and other accessories( Like, Altec Lansing inMotion iMT1 Speaker)with this new battery?
    I can confirm the following:

With the 3200mAh battery and included Seidio battery door (comes with the battery and is required due to the size of the battery..) .. installed in my Sprint 700p

- Yes, it fits just fine in the Altec Lansing iMT1 system
    - it fits just fine in the Seidio INNOdock cradle
    I have both

- Not sure if it fits in Seidio's G4850m GPS car cradle. Haven't tried it yet

- It does NOT fit in a number of 700p cases I have - any tight, hard, form-fitting case such as the clear case, or Rhino Skin Aluminum case, or Vaja i-Volution cases, it won't fit (Vaja i-Volution cases are ABS plastic frames with a lining and hand-formed leather over the frame, making them more rigid than a plain leather case..) .. So far, the only case I've been able to fit it into is a BoxWave silicone skin case, but those have tremendous stretch so the 3mm bulge is nothing. Hard, plastic or metal form-fitting cases or tight, new leather cases will be problematic. Leather form-fitting cases that have been used enough to stretch out a bit should be okay

First battery test - the battery arrived with a 60% charge on it per fileZ. I charged it up until it was at 100%, then took it off the charger and ran Kinoma Player 4 EX, selected a live, streaming radio station, set 4 EX's preferences to turn off the screen after 30 seconds, and let it stream continuously. After three and a half hours, fileZ said the battery was down to 50%, so I would expect it should be good for close to seven hours of continuous live streaming (if started with a full charge..) .. with the 700p's volume up at about 90% and volume "overdrive" set to ON in Kinoma 4 EX.

I haven't tried it with continuous live screen-on video streaming yet. Haven't tried it with streaming AND Bluetooth turned on.. since I just got it earlier today, I can't report on continuous standby time. If it's hundreds of hours, it would take hundreds of hours to find out .. And I'm NOT going to make a 20+ hour phone call to see how it does with that. But I am going to do a comparison with Kinoma 4 EX under identical circumstances with the stock 1800mAh 700p battery and see how it compares.

The upside is the tremendous standby and talk time, and steaming media time on battery power alone. VERY impressive to stream a live radio station for three and a half hours and only use up half the battery's juice. The stock Palm battery would have been long gone before that. The downside is the price (you can buy a car battery for about the same price) and which cases and other cradles will accomodate a 700p with a 2" square, 3mm bulge in the back, and the battery came to me directly from Seidio in a simple plastic clamshell with absolutely no instruction sheet of any kind. Or a clam ..

David, if you're reading this, my recommendation is: don't assume all consumers will know about battery conditioning, topping off, running to empty, or that they will go digging for information about it. In fact, in my opinion, you should assume they know nothing about it and provide an instructions sheet with the battery if it requires conditioning before first use, or during its useful life. L-ion (and NiMH) batteries are a huge advance over older rechargeables like NiCads, but they don't last forever either, and if they require some kind of conditioning or other tips to maximize their lifespan, a simple slip of paper with that information in the clamshell would be a very useful thing to include

Harv
    Bummer on the news about not fitting the Vaja case. I can't justify throwing out my $100 case!
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser View Post
    I can confirm the following:

With the 3200mAh battery and included Seidio battery door (comes with the battery and is required due to the size of the battery..) .. installed in my Sprint 700p

- Yes, it fits just fine in the Altec Lansing iMT1 system
    - it fits just fine in the Seidio INNOdock cradle
    I have both
    Harv, do you think a 700P/WX with this battery AND a skin case on will still fit on the inno.dock?

Quote Originally Posted by arnewman View Post
    Hi, all - received the battery last night...was half-charged. Got to full in less than 2 hours. Cover is a good match on my Sprint 700p. I have the Palm flex skin on it...bulges just a bit but still works. Also fits fine in my Palm leather case. So far so good....
    So with the 3200mAh battery on with your FlexiSkin, since the battery bulges out a bit doesn't it pull the skin back a little with it? It doesn't cause the skin around the screen to kinda pull out so that some of the silver border on each side of the screen becomes exposed?
    Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 12/17/2006 at 03:04 PM.
  17.    #77  
    Seidio will start releasing the batteries for Treo 750, 680 and Treo 650 (3200 mah) this week.
    If you would like to be notified when they are released, please send email to

For Treo 680
    Treo680@seidio.com

For Treo 750
    Treo750@seidio.com

For Treo 650
    Treo650@seidio.com

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Seidio will start releasing the batteries for Treo 750, 680 and Treo 650 (3200 mah) this week.

For Treo 680
    Treo680@seidio.com

For Treo 750
    Treo750@seidio.com

For Treo 650
    Treo650@seidio.com

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Will the battery for the 650 require replacing the cover?
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post

For Treo 680
    Treo680@seidio.com

For Treo 750
    Treo750@seidio.com

For Treo 650
    Treo650@seidio.com

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Are there still plans for a 680 battery with the same size as the stock palm battery but improved capacity (like 30% greater capacity)?
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    Will the battery for the 650 require replacing the cover?
    Yes, but we will supply the matching battery door with the battery.

Seidio
    forums@seidio.com
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast