Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 143
  1. #41  
    David...

    Has Seidio determined a goal date for the release of a 650 compatible battery door?

    I can't wait to buy this for my 650!

    ..Handspring...\..........Palm.........\.........Palm........\.........Palm......\.....Motorola.....
    .VisorDeluxe.../............Vx.........../........M-100......./......Treo650.../.......Droid........
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    David...

    The battery is on your online store advertised to fit the Treo 680. Is that correct?
    Hi,

    Yes, this is the same battery that will work with 650. 700, 750 and 680. However, each model has its own battery door. Do you still use our hoster ? we will have one for Treo 680 next week. This one is rubberized to minimize the scrtaching of your precious 680.

    David Chang
    Forums@seidio.com
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD View Post
    David...

    Has Seidio determined a goal date for the release of a 650 compatible battery door?

    I can't wait to buy this for my 650!
    It is about 2 weeks from now.

    David Chang
    Forums@seidio.com
  4. AVService's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #44  
    What I want to know is why if there is a SPECIFIC recommended charging routine,my newly purchased 2400 battery came with nary a mention of it?????

    I also want to know why not a single Seidio item I have purchased that would need instructions had any at all?
    I got the crystal case and found it to be utterly worthless as I could not make it clip together,what gives?
    If the new battery I already have is underperforming due to no instructions then I feel screwed twice in a row.
    I am interested in the new battery but am curious what to do now with my new smaller one that already does not perform to my expectations.

    I am frustrated.

    Rant over for now.
  5. #45  
    There are tons of resources on the internet on how to maintain rechargeable batteries. With Lithium-ion batteries, you just need to charge them fully when you get them and keep them topped off. You don't even need to run them out one or two times like you do with Ni-MH or NiCad batteries. Just keep Li-Ion batteries topped off. Charge them whenever you get to where your charger is. It's actually not good to let Li-Ion batteries run down.

    http://www.batteryuniversity.com/partone-12.htm

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_ion_battery

    http://www.li-ion-battery.com/Knowle...ge_methods.htm
    Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 12/05/2006 at 06:00 PM.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by AVservice View Post
    What I want to know is why if there is a SPECIFIC recommended charging routine,my newly purchased 2400 battery came with nary a mention of it?????

    I also want to know why not a single Seidio item I have purchased that would need instructions had any at all?
    I got the crystal case and found it to be utterly worthless as I could not make it clip together,what gives?
    If the new battery I already have is underperforming due to no instructions then I feel screwed twice in a row.
    I am interested in the new battery but am curious what to do now with my new smaller one that already does not perform to my expectations.

    I am frustrated.

    Rant over for now.
    These are the instructions that came with my 2200 mAh battery from Lion Battery 18 months ago:

    1. Fully charge it in the device for 12 to 15 hours to sync battery and device.
    2. Perform 3 to 5 full discharge/charge cycles to fully set the battery's chemistry for most power.
    3. Then keep it "topped off" to provide for it's longevity.

    I followed these instructions and have been very happy with my battery's performance over the last 18 months. Right, wrong or indifferent -- I am going to follow trhe same process with this 3200 mAh.

    Cheers, Perry.


    This following link is more geared at laptop batteries -- but it does provide some valuable insight:

    http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm
  7. #47  
    You don't have to and shouldn't fully discharge lithium ion batteries. In one of my EE courses, we learned that fully discharging a lithium ion battery could cause copper shunt to form which would lead to the battery to short itself. Once you get a lithium ion battery, you charge it and keep it fully charged as much as possible.
    Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 12/05/2006 at 06:09 PM.
  8. AVService's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #48  
    My point was not about the actual charging/disharging of the battery.
    I am irked at the lack of service by the manufacturer/distributor to attempt to inform how to get the most from the purchase.

    It is as though there is no follow through after the sale when adding some instructions would give a little peace of mind.
    I called customer service about the case and they never evn attempted to help me and acted oblivious to my problem no matter how I tried to explain it.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hi,

    Yes, this is the same battery that will work with 650. 700, 750 and 680. However, each model has its own battery door. Do you still use our hoster ? we will have one for Treo 680 next week. This one is rubberized to minimize the scrtaching of your precious 680.

    David Chang
    Forums@seidio.com
    David,
    Yes. I still have the spring clip, swivel holster and used it religiously with the 650. It was a tremendous improvement over your original swivel holster and can't wait until it's released for the 680. I will be interested in seeing the rubberized version.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by AVservice View Post
    My point was not about the actual charging/disharging of the battery.
    I am irked at the lack of service by the manufacturer/distributor to attempt to inform how to get the most from the purchase.

    It is as though there is no follow through after the sale when adding some instructions would give a little peace of mind.
    I called customer service about the case and they never evn attempted to help me and acted oblivious to my problem no matter how I tried to explain it.
    Maybe you haven't seen the threads around here complaining about Seidio's customer service. Seems that the only way to get their attention or actual help from them is to post about it here on TC.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    You don't have to and shouldn't fully discharge lithium ion batteries. In one of my EE courses, we learned that fully discharging a lithium ion battery could cause copper shunt to form which would lead to the battery to short itself. Once you get a lithium ion battery, you charge it and keep it fully charged as much as possible.

    Hi IsLNdbOi !!

    Seems like we have conflicting information form different sources . . . . . what to do . . . what to do. . . . .??

    I will defer to you, since the article I linked did not mention the charge/discharge cycles that the manufacturer did with my battery, as well, Seidio tech support also did not mention the cycles. I would think if they liked the idea -- they would have mentioned it. . . . . . Plus -- if I am wrong you could ruin the battery according to your sources, If you are wrong -- the battery is just not set up as powerfully as it could be, according to my sources. Based on all of that -- I will recommend: "What IsLNdbOi said.""


    EDIT: See jaytee's post below. . . . . .

    Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/06/2006 at 09:09 AM.
  12. #52  
    I just don't want anyone to ruin their new batteries, especially since they're getting so expensive. $54.00 for a new battery, yikes!
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by AVservice View Post
    My point was not about the actual charging/disharging of the battery.
    I am irked at the lack of service by the manufacturer/distributor to attempt to inform how to get the most from the purchase.

    It is as though there is no follow through after the sale when adding some instructions would give a little peace of mind.
    I called customer service about the case and they never evn attempted to help me and acted oblivious to my problem no matter how I tried to explain it.
    Your points are well taken, We will do our best to imporve it. Thank you for the inputs.

    David Chang
    Seidio
    forums@seidio.com
  14. AVService's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Your points are well taken, We will do our best to imporve it. Thank you for the inputs.

    David Chang
    Seidio
    forums@seidio.com
    David
    You could start by simply addressing the points that I am having problems with?
    -Is there a certain battery conditioning routine to use on new batteries?
    -Is there some special method for installing the Crystal Case?

    Certainly you are the one person who could DIRECTLY answer these questions but your claiming to take my points well is hollow without offering any actual help.
    AM I just crazy expecting answers here?
  15. #55  
    David,

    When will you have the Treo 750 battery cover ready?

    Thanks,
    IX
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    You don't have to and shouldn't fully discharge lithium ion batteries. In one of my EE courses, we learned that fully discharging a lithium ion battery could cause copper shunt to form which would lead to the battery to short itself. Once you get a lithium ion battery, you charge it and keep it fully charged as much as possible.
    Letting your battery run down until the battery indicator on the treo says 10% or 5% is different than fully discharging the battery. It's probably impossible to fully discharge the battery while it's running the treo. I suspect the device shuts down before the battery level reaches a critical level (somewhere north of 2.5 V?).

    But bringing the battery down to the low level according to the treo (5-10%) several times does (re)set the charging logic to help enable accurate readings and full usage.

    In general, battery-university says, do a deep discharge every 30-ish cycles and otherwise keep your Li-Ion battery topped up.
  17. #57  
    Ahh -- jaytee -- to the rescue in reconciling two (what seemed to be) different methods of battery preparation.

    Thanks jaytee!
  18. hova's Avatar
    Posts
    259 Posts
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    I just don't want anyone to ruin their new batteries, especially since they're getting so expensive. $54.00 for a new battery, yikes!
    Yeah it's getting expensive but you gotta think, Do I go with a replacment battery from Palm that cost $59.99 or one from Seidio for $54 (77% more power than palm's) Pretty simple choice to me
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD
    David...

    Has Seidio determined a goal date for the release of a 650 compatible battery door?

    I can't wait to buy this for my 650!
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    It is about 2 weeks from now.

    David Chang
    Forums@seidio.com
    Just in time for Christmas! I'll have to drop a few hints to my wife.

    ..Handspring...\..........Palm.........\.........Palm........\.........Palm......\.....Motorola.....
    .VisorDeluxe.../............Vx.........../........M-100......./......Treo650.../.......Droid........
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    Letting your battery run down until the battery indicator on the treo says 10% or 5% is different than fully discharging the battery. It's probably impossible to fully discharge the battery while it's running the treo. I suspect the device shuts down before the battery level reaches a critical level (somewhere north of 2.5 V?).

    But bringing the battery down to the low level according to the treo (5-10%) several times does (re)set the charging logic to help enable accurate readings and full usage.

    In general, battery-university says, do a deep discharge every 30-ish cycles and otherwise keep your Li-Ion battery topped up.


    Like Perry said... THANKS for this great info jaytee!!!

    ..Handspring...\..........Palm.........\.........Palm........\.........Palm......\.....Motorola.....
    .VisorDeluxe.../............Vx.........../........M-100......./......Treo650.../.......Droid........
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions