Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    My beloved 650 was stolen, but that's another story. Therefore, I will be "upgrading" to an unlocked 680 or 750 when available but I've decided that I need another 650, new refurbished or used, in the mean time. It has to be an unlocked GSM and I don't want a Cingular-branded unit. Because I'll be shipping it to Miami and then on to Trinidad, I will have extra shipping and approximately a 20% customs duty to pay so I'm looking for the best deal out there. Can anyone recommend a safe and reliable vendor?

Thank you,
    Keith

PS
    I've noticed that the Treocentral store has refurbished units for $359 but that seems a bit hot...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith View Post
    .........I've noticed that the Treocentral store has refurbished units for $359 but that seems a bit hot...
    No one ever said Treo's were cheap. Even 600s are commanding a pretty good price. (Still have mine; make me an offer.)
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith View Post
    My beloved 650 was stolen, but that's another story. Therefore, I will be "upgrading" to an unlocked 680 or 750 when available........ .
    Given Palm's record, that could be a long time.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    No one ever said Treo's were cheap. Even 600s are commanding a pretty good price. (Still have mine; make me an offer.)
    Thanks whmurray but with an unlocked 680 rumoured to launch soon at about $425, I still think $359 for a refurbished 650 as a bit much.

Anyways, I was able to get a trashed 650 for free. It is pretty beaten up and was stuck in a hotsync loop. I flashed it and now it works! I just need to get a new faceplate, screws, and stylus...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C