1.    #1  
    $135 shipped

Comes with charger and all the GPS stuff needed for a car install

kerrys914@yahoo.com
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrys914 View Post
    $135 shipped

Comes with charger and all the GPS stuff needed for a car install

kerrys914@yahoo.com
    Do I understand correctly that you are offering a 600 for sale with TomTom software (but no GPS hardware) included?
  3.    #3  
    Sorry for the poor discription.. I am offering a Treo 600 with software and hardware for it to work in a car.
    Sorry for the poor discription.. I am offering a Treo 600 with software and hardware for it to work in a car.
    Though I do not need it, I am tempted by the great value.
  5.    #5  
    Still for sale.
  6.    #6  
    Phone is used daily and works great.. I will be unsing this for another week or 2, getting a new phone on a new provider.

Just a treocentral presale before evil-bay on the week of 10/23

Kerrys914@yahoo.com
    Phone is used daily and works great.. I will be unsing this for another week or 2, getting a new phone on a new provider.

Just a treocentral presale before evil-bay on the week of 10/23

Kerrys914@yahoo.com
    What do you expect to happen the week of 10/23?
  8.    #8  
    Posted on ebay now.

It also has a 246MB card that has plenty of space available even with TOMTOM maps installed on it.

I might let it go with chatter installed if I can't use chatter on my new phone?

It's a sold phone that at the very least is a cheap door to door navigation system you can take from car to car.

CHeers
  9.    #9  
    Opps 256MB card?? comes with it LOL

This is a good system on a very stable phone. Nothing is needed for GPS and the phone is clean and clear with Sprint.. I used it up until Friday of last week.
  10.    #10  
    Bump.. This also works on the Treo 650 (software and GPS antenna).
    I might be interested. I'm currently have a Sprint Treo 600 and want to get a phone for my son. A Treo for him would be nice on an add-a-phone to the plan. When you say "comes with a charger", do you mean a car chager, a house charger, or both? What about other stuff the hotsync cable that normally comes with a treo 600? (If you have those and can throw anything like that in it would be good.)

I've never used a GPS before (and I have no idea how much they cost, or if the 2004 TOPTOM is missing features that a more current version might have, but I doubt I'd miss any such new features as a first-time GPS user.)

thanks,
    Bob Clancy
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post

I've never used a GPS before (and I have no idea how much they cost, or if the 2004 TOPTOM is missing features that a more current version might have, but I doubt I'd miss any such new features as a first-time GPS user.)

thanks,
    Bob Clancy
    I saw a review yesterday of a Garmin that cost $200-. However, most GPSs with the features of TomTom 5 start at about $500- and go up from there. Adding GPS to a Treo is a great way to get a GPS and to add value to the Treo. (This phone is being offered for about the price of the GPS add-on alone.)

Features have not changed much. This is not so much 2004 as it is ver. 5. The brand new version is 6. I have not used it yet but the reports from people who have used both indicate that the the changes are minor. The big difference is the updated maps, including updates to the list of points of interest.
    Thanks whmurray. I appreciate your description of the GPS and it's value.
    Now that you have whet my appetite, I guess I'll do a bit of research on
    the GPS.

I'm curious how much free internal RAM I'll need to run the TomTom software on the treo 600. I know I can put the maps on the card, etc. but I'm not sure how much free ram is needed once the maps are loaded for viewing. I use PowerRun to bring things in, but I only have about 1M+ free in the treo's internal memory without deleting programs that seem to need to be in RAM.
    Is that enough, or will I have to put the treo 600 on a diet?

I haven't heard back from kerrys914 yet, but from what I can sleuth about the phone, it seems that it's about 1 3/4 years old, with kerrys914 being the 2ns owner after buying it when it was around 6 months old. It may start having battery trouble soon, so that might be an added expense.

I'm thinking Sprint might give me a discount on buying a new phone for a new
    line (thru retentions, though I've never dealt with them before) and giving my son my old phone and line. Putting a separately bought phone on a new line seems to loose the $150 discount. My wife usually gets upset whenever I spend money, so kerrys914's offer is attractive in keeping my bottom-line cost down.

-- Bob
    Looks like Kerry took this off of ebay (apparently it's sold) :-)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Sprint-PCS-Palm-...QQcmdZViewItem
  15.    #15  
    Sorry guys.. Been out of web reach for a few days..

You are correct it was snagged up via ebay..

Best of luck
    Kerry