Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone else experienced problems with PalmGear hardware fulfillment? I ordered a MiniJam back in October (overnight) and was not notified of backorder. Was told later that it would arrive by Christmas (not true) Was shipped in January. They charged me for overnight, but I got the product a week later after numerous calls and e-mails to PalmGear. Recently orderd V-Rally module, OmniRemote module, and 16 meg Springboard. This time I received notice of 16meg backorder (fine.) Received V-Rally module and ThimModem (not OmniRemote). Both products were open (seals broken). Called customer service and was told to ship back ThinModem at my expense and that they would then send OmniRemote. I don't think so! Realizing that the ThinModem costs more that the OmniRemote I decided that I would get rid of the ThinModem myself and purchase OmniRemote somewhere else. The next day I got an e-mail from Kenny (President)stating that he was sending the OmniRemote out overnight and sending a shipping tag for the ThinModem (Great!) That was in February. Still havn't received the module or a response to my follow-up e-mails. With the exception of the e-mail I sent to cancell the backordered 16 meg upgrade. They responded that it had already shipped. Havn't seen that yet either. What gives? PalmGear has a great download selection, but don't ever order hardware from them unless you enjoy disappointment! Can anyone recommend a reliable source for Springboards?
    Man sorry to hear that! The only springboard I ordered from them was the 16mb. Ordered it on 2/6 shipping via snail mail, it shipped on the 2/8 and I think I received it on 2/13. I was very happy with the whole process even received emails telling me when it shipped out.

Hope you get things worked out.

Ethos
    Had the same type of problem with them last summer. Ordered a leather case, with overnight shipping. After a week went by, I called, and they told me it was backordered. No notication from them at all.
    I use their download section, but I will never order from them again.
  4.    #4  
    Still no OmniRemote and no response from PalmGear (PainGear). Can anyone recommend a reliable Springboard supplyer?
    Originally posted by bradwhitch
    Still no OmniRemote and no response from PalmGear (PainGear). Can anyone recommend a reliable Springboard supplyer?
    Have you thought of Amazon? They sell springboards.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    I just check out plamgear section for springboard modules and they just got 19 instead of 3x something modules there.
    There is no magellan gps. what happen?
    Have A Good Day!
    I Love My Prism!
    Looks like our friends at Palmgear only sell one module. The @ctivelink module. If you ask me, they aren't going to make too much money from Visor fans if they only sell that one module.
    The stuff I've read here, together with lousy personal experience with the search function at their site and another thread here about others' hassles using their site lead me to wonder:
    Is Palm Gear on the ropes?
    This is a depressing thread to read, why?, because I want to get a MemPlug and Palmgear is the only US distributor listed.. I may still chance it..
    "One of the most important things you learn from the internet is that there is no ‘them’ out there. It’s just an awful lot of ‘us’." -- Douglas Adams
    I too am worried, the only saving fact is that people say they've gotten the 16mb card with no problems...So maybe if I order early enough they won't screw it up. Or at least they'll swap the MemPlug with a more expensive module? hehe

Amazon is also supposed to carry the MemPlug but when I do not know.
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
    I have had good and bad experiences getting Springboards from PalmGear. I can see them getting overwhelmed by Visor users. Whenever a new Springboard comes out we swarm to get them. Retail sellers are at the mercy of the manufacturer. I never have this problem with software. We as a society are too intolerant When it comes to waiting. There used to be a time that it took weeks for thing to come by mail. With instant access to almost everything in our lives people have become impatient.
    [file:///C|/eyemodule/RICOROSSI/Unfiled/Rico.jpg]
    The MemPlugs shall have shipped out to PalmGear for a few days already...
    Let's hope!

Now if I can just get their web site to actually come up, I'd be happy.. Somebody needs to tell those people about linux..

(what I frequently get from Palmgear)

Error Occurred While Processing Request
    Error Diagnostic Information
    Request canceled or ignored by serverServer busy or unable to fulfill request. The server is unable to fulfill your request due to extremely high traffic or an unexpected internal error. Please attempt your request again (if you are repeatedly unsuccessful you should notify the site administrator). (Location Code: 26)

Please inform the site administrator that this error has occurred (be sure to include the contents of this page in your message to the administrator).
    "One of the most important things you learn from the internet is that there is no ‘them’ out there. It’s just an awful lot of ‘us’." -- Douglas Adams
    Originally posted by TheOne
    The MemPlugs shall have shipped out to PalmGear for a few days already...
    I e-mailed PalmGear and this was there reply:

That product has not yet been released for sale. You may want to consider subscribing to our Visor Module notification e-mail list at http://hs.palmgear.com at the bottom of the page.

So...They have them in stock but aren't willing to sell them because they're not "released for sale", Yeah that makes sense to me. Hopefully Amazon will have them in soon, they've always been good to me with Handspring stuff.
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
    Palmgear's freaky behaving webserver and it's odd responses alone scare the willies out of me... It doesn't exactly give me consumer confidence ordering from a webserver that looks like it's running on an old & shaky 286 based pc in some back room janitor closet connected to the net by rat nibbled wires.
    To all that are having problems let me try and suggest a solution. Look at their address if it is on Division in Arlington Tx than keep reading if not stop now cause I have nothing to say.

I was at there place of business not to long ago, actually walked through the doors and talked to people. They have a small but nice showroom. I dont know if I can or not but if I could walk in and buy the products when I walk in. They have them displayed so I dont see why not. Then I could send it out if really needed. Just an idea to think about
    Next time you go there, drop off a copy of RED HAT Linux..
    You can walk in and purchase directly. I have purchased a PPK, styli, 16Meg memory, Total Recall and some other things. The people are nice. Brian, we have a palm user group that you should check out. Check the site at
    http://www.dfwpug.org. We hold meetings on the 2nd and last Tuesday of every month. The 2nd Tuesday in Arlington and the last Tuesday in the Plano/Richardson area wherever we can find a place. The Arlington location is booked thru the rest of the year, so that shouldn't change. Hope to see you there!

Rick
    Co-VP
    dfwpug
  19.    #19  
    I find PalmGear's response to Matt disturbing. It sounds like people have been able to walk in and purchase the 16meg module off the street. Why wouldn't they be shipping the product? Another discrepancy: When I was having my problems ignored by them, I e-mailed them to cancell my backorder for the 16meg module. They replied that it had already shipped! Havn't seen it yet. Still waiting for the 16MB, and the replacement OmniRemote (sent overnight in Feb.) No response to my e-mails on their status. Although, in PalmGear's "defense" I have received initial e-mails from no less than 4 people at PalmGear asking me how they can help me with my problem. I have told my story at least a half dozen times with no follow-up responses as to the status of my orders. This worries me, because it doesn't seem like anybody over there knows what is going on.
    Rick,

I will have to check on that meeting if I can make it I will. I dont know about purchasing directly but they do have the stuff in the show room. They did not have everything out to see so I am not sure how they do that. If I find out I will let everyone know.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast