1.    #1  
    I was wondering if someone would let me pay them ten dollars through paypal to use their slingbox signal for one afternoon?

I currently have a 700p, but I am going to go give a 700w a 14 day trial through VZW. My sole reason for switching would be Slingbox. I would like to try it and if I like it, I will keep the 700w and pick up a Sling.

As you can see in this thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=120641

I have done all I can to get a PALM client for Sling.

My requirement to any takers:
    1) I ask that you have atleast 384kbs upload speed. (this should be close to what I will get, so will give me a good idea of how the picture will look)

I would really appreciate any help here. I have virtually zero use for a slingbox other than on my phone, so I am reluctant to just go buy one before even trying it on my phone.

If interested please PM me.
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Save the 10 bucks, Slingbox is absolutely 100% worth it on your Treo 700W. GO buy it.
    Slingbox is well worth it. I would let you try for free, but my brother is always on the SlingBox, tying it up...

On a flip side. why dont you use 700P with ORB?

The 700P is MUCH better than 700w, in terms of usablity
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    Slingbox is well worth it. I would let you try for free, but my brother is always on the SlingBox, tying it up...

On a flip side. why dont you use 700P with ORB?

The 700P is MUCH better than 700w, in terms of usablity
    I haven't used ORB, because I am a MAC user and even though I dual boot my MAC with XP, I have no tv tuner card. Thanks for the idea though.

I picked up a 700w today. I like it. I like the fact that it feels like it can be better fine tuned to my needs. The memory does appear to be a problem, but I have memmaid and oxios installed and thet seems to clear up much of the problem. Internet surfing isn't GREAT on the 240x240, but not all that bad either.

Basically the Slingmedia player will be the make or break to my possible switch over to the 700w.

No one has taken me up on my offer!! PLEASE SOMEBODY I have 14 days to try out the 700w and I HAVE to try this app. I placed a few calls today, to feel out if "I knew anyone who knew someone" type of thing, to try to get a Slingbox feed to my phone for a few minutes.

With any luck I will get someone to help.
    Don't have sling myself, now I am interested, have u thought about posting on craigslist? Good luck.
    -g-
    -g-

Treo 300-650-755P, Contract ends 11/30/07. SERO F&F 1250, The following are unlimited: N&W (7PM), Mobile to Home (M2H), Free Incoming, Vision Data, Text Messages for $49.99 - Plus Sprint AIRAVE @ N/C.
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek
    I was wondering if someone would let me pay them ten dollars through paypal to use their slingbox signal for one afternoon?........
    Before you pay, be sure that the Slingbox that you rent carries the programming that you are interested in. One of the values of my Slingbox is that it is "mine." It is attached to my cable box. As I sit here in Texas I am watching my Sunday morning programming on my cable box in Connecticut. I suppose that the same programming will be on local TV in an hour or so. However, on my Slingbox I know where in time and space to find it.
    What is ORB?
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Before you pay, be sure that the Slingbox that you rent carries the programming that you are interested in. One of the values of my Slingbox is that it is "mine." It is attached to my cable box. As I sit here in Texas I am watching my Sunday morning programming on my cable box in Connecticut. I suppose that the same programming will be on local TV in an hour or so. However, on my Slingbox I know where in time and space to find it.
    his offer is for a TRIAL.. so any programming will do
    Just like the phone, buy one and if you don't like it return it. Best Buy has a 30 day return.
    does slingbox work with dish network satellite boxes?