Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Anyone else notice the only posters saying good things about this guy have joined today?

Joined June 1
    Quote Originally Posted by stevepoz
    Here goes my first post here: I wanted to let everyone know the great service I got from Mike at OTI. I sent him my order yesterday at 11:30 am and got the 700p this morning via UPS. I think it would be hard to beat this service and the price he is offering. Enjoying the new toy, but it is hard to focus on work with this sitting in front of me.
    Also joined June 1
    Quote Originally Posted by champaklal
    Well I am not sure either but his feedbacks are superb. That makes me believe that this deal could be legitimate. I am not sure about what the catch is, if there is any. I wonder if anybody can throw some light.
    Be careful.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    Anyone else notice the only posters saying good things about this guy have joined today?

Joined June 1

Also joined June 1

Be careful.
    Well I have been around awhile...don't post too much really but mjeleven is legit...it is through his company that I became a Treo afficianado with my 650...

tc

Joined June 1

Also joined June 1

Be careful.
    You've mixed up two users - the first was someoine who bought from OTI, the second a comment on an ebay sale that seems to good of a dela - a 650 for a dollar and a 700p for a hundred bucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoffey
    You've mixed up two users - the first was someoine who bought from OTI, the second a comment on an ebay sale that seems to good of a dela - a 650 for a dollar and a 700p for a hundred bucks.
    My point was both people joined today and are saying good things about a guy that started two threads to sell things. As another poster said, sounds fishy.
    getches, i am just inquiring if somebody knows this sprintnetworks. If I would have felt it's completely legit, I would have made a deal. I am new here and need somebody's actual experience with this guy. Now, if it would have been a $99 deal with 50% positive feedback, yes it's fishy but when it has nearly 100% feedback it could be a legit deal with may be some catch.

My point was both people joined today and are saying good things about a guy that started two threads to sell things. As another poster said, sounds fishy.
    getches, i am just inquiring if somebody knows this sprintnetworks. If I would have felt it's completely legit, I would have made a deal. I am new here and need somebody's actual experience with this guy. Now, if it would have been a $99 deal with 50% positive feedback, yes it's fishy but when it has nearly 100% feedback it could be a legit deal with may be some catch.
    If there is a tenured member here that has bought from them, I agree that would be helpful. I also believe in the adage, "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is".
    I've been around for some time, though I've not posted too often. I took the plunge with this offer, and expect a 700p to arrive tomorrow!

All looks to be legit so far, and I know this fellow sold plenty of 650's when they first came out, so he has a good rep. Thats why I decided to take his offer for the 700p. Will keep you all posted.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I believe Sprintnetwork on Ebay is a legit seller. I seem to remember a bunch of people over at PDAPhoneHome buying their 6700s from him. I have no clue about OTI though. Goodluck all in getting your phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastannin
    I've been around for some time, though I've not posted too often. I took the plunge with this offer, and expect a 700p to arrive tomorrow!

All looks to be legit so far, and I know this fellow sold plenty of 650's when they first came out, so he has a good rep. Thats why I decided to take his offer for the 700p. Will keep you all posted.
    Good luck.
    Which plan did you go for? The $99 Treo from Sprintnetworks or the $349 Treo from OTI?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    ANybody have luck with OTI?
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstudboy1
    ANybody have luck with OTI?
    Yea about 200 users that bought the 650 when it launched.
    I got a 650 from mjeleven back in December 2004.
    There was a lot of suspicion and trepidation back then that it was too good to be true and there must be something shady going on. As more and more people got their orders just as promised the consensus was that he's legit.

I've corresponded several times and he has been prompt to reply. I got free Vision with a 2 year plan plus a nice corporate discount (which went up several months into the plan.) The only problem I had was that my Sprint did not pick up all the options I had requested (although all the discounts were in place). You just have to watch your bills for a couple of months and call Sprint so they can make the needed changes if things don't look right. This is especially important if you are getting insurance since there is a short amount of time to add that for new devices.
    I've been very satified with the service mjeleven provided for me.
    Mjeleven came through with a Treo 700p for me today! I sent in my order yesterday (Thursday) and when I came home from work today (Friday), the 700p was waiting for me. 100% legit.

Thanks again, mjeleven!!
    Just got mine from mjeleven via ups overnight! And didn't have to give out any
    Credit Card info - no risk.
    Thanks mjeleven!
    Anyone have any luck with Sprintnetworks on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/PALM-TREO-700-T...1QQcmdZViewItem
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastannin
    Mjeleven came through with a Treo 700p for me today! I sent in my order yesterday (Thursday) and when I came home from work today (Friday), the 700p was waiting for me. 100% legit.

Thanks again, mjeleven!!
    no problem Tastannin
  18.    #38  
    Any news on the guy at Ebay selling this for $99?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Received mine yesterday and all is fine.
    yeah but still nearly 100% positive feedback ratings. That is quite something. Now, I am sure there would be some catch but it seems that catch is not that bad considering these many positive ratings. It would be great if someone can share experience with this user.
    The reason they have 100% feedback is because, as you'll notice, these are restricted auctions--they have to approve you to bid. Therefore, they will only let the bidders through that they know are going to post positive feedback for them. (I've been a steady eBay seller and buyer since 1998, I'm fairly familiar with how things work.)

There are four seller accounts on eBay selling this way: itemzbay, sprintnetwork, pobox4403, and preferredsourcing. Itemzbay and sprintnetwork are one and the same, if you call both numbers, you'll eventually get the same people, or at least the same mailbox/extension #'s. They all require you to have top-tier credit, and you have to make your newly activated line the primary on your account--better credit=bigger commission, as does the primary line. They are discounting your phone price from their commission, at least in theory.

I bought a line from Pobox, and cancelled it within two days. He destroyed my plan. I lost my loyalty discount, my corporate discount, and three freebies I had on my account. It took me countless hours on the phone with customer service trying to fix it. At best, he's a moron, at worst, a scam artist. You can read about him on several forums, he is well known for not honoring the promised price (you get your invoice and are charged full retail, or at least significantly higher than what was offered) and he harasses you to buy accessories, which are costlier than retail, and always seems to fail to mention the shipping charges. Oh, and no refunds on any accessories... your phone calls and emails go unanswered. Only option is CC chargeback... hope your bank is friendly to you if you go this route.

If you buy from itemzbay/sprintnetwork, they force you to activate a new account, $60+ monthly minimum, iirc. Supposedly, after 32-35 days, you can then add the line onto your existing family plan. I have seen several references to people being satisfied with them, but I didn't get that far. Every time I spoke to these guys I got a different story, it just seemed too shady.

Preferredsourcing runs the same kind of discounting operation, but of all of them, he seems to be the most upfront and honest about it. Had no problem answering my questions and I was fairly comfortable with him. Unfortunately, I ended up not dealing with him, because I wanted to transfer the phone I would get from him onto my SERO line, and that would have blown things up for him, resulting in a chargeback to my account, so I passed. But for someone who is non-SERO and looking to activate new service or add a line to the family plan, preferredsourcing is the only one I could recommend. And even then, I would be very careful in doing the deal... make sure all your i's are dotted and t's are crossed.

Overall, though, I think one would be better dealing with OTI (this is a very fair price, plus you're getting your plan discounted) or trying your luck with retentions. The eBay dealers have too many hoops to jump through, and only one of the three struck me as being honest and legit. Buyer beware with them.

And as far as OTI, I have not dealt with them, but there is an old thread around here from when the 650 was released, and they are legit. I recall reading about many satisfied customers, and don't recall seeing any complaints.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast