1.    #1  
    I just made the move to Sprint, so my unlocked, unbranded Cingular is for sale.

It is currently running a custom ROM based on the 1.20/1.71 software/firmware update available from Palm, but I will be happy to reflash the standard 1.20/1.71 software/firmware, or another custom ROM for you.

The phone works flawlessly (well, as flawlessly as any Treo 650 anyway), but it does have a touch of road rash on one side that occured when I dropped the phone one of the FEW times it was ever out of my the Vaja case I bought for it. There is also one significant "splotch" on the screen. It's on the glass part, and doesn't affect the display at all, other than how you'd expect a scratch to affect the display. I'll try to take some pictures of the "damage", but please rest assured that I've described it in the worst possible way, so no matter what you think it might look like, it's probably better than that. And, as I said, it's perfectly functional in every way.

Here are some pictures:

This shows a little road rash on the antenna:

This shows a little road rash on the casing. I'm sorry the picture is blurry, but that's as close as I could get to show you the scrapes. You can kind of see the discoloring.

Here's the back of the phone, which is in great shape, not that that matters =)

And here's the screen. As you can see, the scratch on the screen isn't that obvious. But you CAN see it in person.

I really don't know what's fair for the phone, but based on eBay, I think $300 plus shipping is a fair price to ask. If someone has a differing opinion, let me know.

Jonathan
    Last edited by Jonahan; 03/22/2006 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Added "plus shipping".
    Treo 650 Cingular -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Treo 700p Sprint -> PPC 6700 Sprint -> Treo 700wx Sprint
  2.    #2  
    This is still for sale, and I've flashed the 1.20/1.71 software/firmware for unlocked GSMs back to the phone, so it no longer has a custom ROM. Includes original box w/ USB cable, AC charger, earpiece headset, instructions, and CD. I can also include a cheap case that came free w/ my Sprint Treo, or will make a deal on the phone + the Vaja case posted in this forum.
    Treo 650 Cingular -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Treo 700p Sprint -> PPC 6700 Sprint -> Treo 700wx Sprint
    I guess my eyes are fooling me. You say it's unbranded, but sure as heck the word 'cingular' appears on the front of the phone. Maybe I misunderstand what 'unbranded' means.
    Gimme the P-Funk!
  4.    #4  
    What I mean by the word (and what I understand is generally meant by the word, in this context) is that through flashing various updates, I've reprogrammed the phone to take the "unlocked GSM" updates, rather than the "Cingular" updates. That seems to be how the term "unbranded" is used on this site. "Unbranded" as in, it used to be branded, now it isn't.
    Again, probably my misunderstanding, but I thought that made it 'unlocked' rather than unbranded. For example, I bought my 650 as a Cingular unit directly from Palm. Although it was locked to Cingular, it had no logo on the front. I thought that made it unbranded.
    Gimme the P-Funk!
    Proper description would be "Unlocked Cingular Treo 650 w/ unbranded ROM"
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi
    Again, probably my misunderstanding, but I thought that made it 'unlocked' rather than unbranded. For example, I bought my 650 as a Cingular unit directly from Palm. Although it was locked to Cingular, it had no logo on the front. I thought that made it unbranded.
    I guess it's mostly a semantics discussion, and probalby centers around what's important to you. The only way, in any way, that this phone is still a "cingular" phone, is that it says "Cingular" on it. It uses the unbranded ROM, so, for example, right now it can have 1.20 on it instead of 1.17, which is the latest Cingular ROM.

I was told that getting the unlock code from Cingular, using it, and no longer being bound to using Cingular SIMS meant that the phone was unlocked. Then I was told that flashing the ROM to use the unbranded ROM meant that the phone was unbranded.

I could probably solve the whole issue with a little sandpaper
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Proper description would be "Unlocked Cingular Treo 650 w/ unbranded ROM"

I think that's a better description. Thanks.
    Gimme the P-Funk!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonahan
    I could probably solve the whole issue with a little sandpaper
    LOL, don't do that!
    Gimme the P-Funk!