Like Tree14Likes
  • 10 Post By webOS Ports
  • 3 Post By Herrie
  • 1 Post By Herrie
  1.    #1  
    That took a while, but lots of ground has been covered! We’re finally back with a new release called “Cortado”. We have been working very hard behind the scenes during the past couple of months!

So you’re asking what we have done? Most importantly we now have all our supported targets on at least a 3.4 kernel which was a critical requirement in order to update Yocto to Pyro. Both glibc and systemd required this.

Read more...
    Nice

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Thank you all for this update !!!
    On a new Win10 laptop I downloaded the VirtualBox and the Touchpad 32-bit of this new release (luneos-dev-emulator-qemux86-20170721121224-stable-051-278.ovf).
    All works fine and LuneOS boots up and I see the LuneOS UI. But I'm directed to the LuneOS "First Use" screen and I need to hit "Continue". My mouse is integrated and displayed with the big "touch circle cursor".
    But clicking on the "Continue" button does not work at all - and so I can no use the LuneOS UI on this virtual device.
    Perhaps I missing something ?
    Thanks for your help, Martin
    Thank you all for this update !!!
    On a new Win10 laptop I downloaded the VirtualBox and the Touchpad 32-bit of this new release (luneos-dev-emulator-qemux86-20170721121224-stable-051-278.ovf).
    All works fine and LuneOS boots up and I see the LuneOS UI. But I'm directed to the LuneOS "First Use" screen and I need to hit "Continue". My mouse is integrated and displayed with the big "touch circle cursor".
    But clicking on the "Continue" button does not work at all - and so I can no use the LuneOS UI on this virtual device.
    Perhaps I missing something ?
    Thanks for your help, Martin
    Listed as a known bug in the release notes. It's quite annoying. We hope to have it addressed soon. VirtualBox didn't have any graphics earlier, but this for sure isn't ideal either ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Herrie - thanks.

Now I read: "Qemux86: Mouse input doesn’t seem to work."
    Well, I find that the Mouse integration is active and I can move the mouse cursor on the "touch screen" - but it fails to "click".
    It there any known workaround for this problem? Use a different, older VirtualBox or some option? Can I "click" the mouse with some key?
    Else it appears (besides booting) I can not use the emulator with this release at all.

Thanks, Martin - visiting this forum every day to look out for a new LuneOS release.
    Last edited by MartinH@webos; 07/25/2017 at 04:34 PM. Reason: fix text display
    Herrie - thanks.

Now I read: "Qemux86: Mouse input doesn’t seem to work."
    Well, I find that the Mouse integration is active and I can move the mouse cursor on the "touch screen" - but it fails to "click".
    It there any known workaround for this problem? Use a different, older VirtualBox or some option? Can I "click" the mouse with some key?
    Else it appears (besides booting) I can not use the emulator with this release at all.

Thanks, Martin - visiting this forum every day to look out for a new LuneOS release.
    Sorry the emulator currently doesn't have a "next"-key, might be a good idea to implement :-P For now the emulator is not really useful. You could probably SSH in and bypass FirstUse though with "touch /var/luna/preferences/ran-first-use" and do a "systemctl restart luna-next"

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    I tried to connect to ssh bypass and I had this.
    " ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host ".
    Any Idea how to do a bypass ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MAMISHO View Post
    I tried to connect to ssh bypass and I had this.
    " ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host ".
    Any Idea how to do a bypass ?
    Seems SSH is completely broken for VirtualBox at the moment. We're looking into this, hope to have it sorted shortly with a new nightly.
    MAMISHO likes this.
    Touch pad is very buggy, main power button and home button is being ignored, so no way to power off or wake up when screen times out. have to place it on touch stone stand to activate screen. apps seem to crash more often or fail to fully launch. It also will lock up /crash after few minutes, no response, have to do power on reset using hold down power and home buttons.
    tested on latest nightly 5/8/17 as well as stable etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firepower View Post
    Touch pad is very buggy, main power button and home button is being ignored, so no way to power off or wake up when screen times out. have to place it on touch stone stand to activate screen. apps seem to crash more often or fail to fully launch. It also will lock up /crash after few minutes, no response, have to do power on reset using hold down power and home buttons.
    tested on latest nightly 5/8/17 as well as stable etc.
    We're aware of this and looking into it. It has slightly improved with latest nightly, but for sure not completely gone. We hope to address this before the next release.
    Ok, I think that is impossible to test app in LuneOs Cortado, but What is about cold brew?. I tried to run adb ( adb forward tcp:1122 tcp:1122 ) for debugging apps, but I got this response. " error: no devices/emulators found ". I'm using Android SDK 25. Are there specifics requirements to connect ADB to LuneOs Emulator?. I only found this information. Emulator - WebOS-Ports.
    I can connect with SSH by running and nothing more.
    An error crept into the image. After choosing which will load the tablet Touchpad and start downloading Luneos, it returns to the selection menu and so constantly. Luneos "CORTADO" does not load