Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1.    #1  
    So that's been a long while already! 2 months passed since the last release and we're finally back with a new release called "Chai Latte". We have been working very hard behind the scenes in the past 2 months upgrading our various builds & build infrastructure!

So you're asking what we have done? We have been doing lots of work to make our build & porting process more stable and straightforward. It's now easier to create a new port for devices having a CM 12.1 (Android 5.1) based build available. Also initial work has been done in order to be able to use CM 13.0 (Android 6.0) based builds.

We have updated our Galaxy Nexus (Maguro) and Nexus 4 (Mako) build to a CM 12.1 based build. For the Maguro this solved the garbled audio issue that was present on our previous CM 10.1 based builds.

We also have a new target device running on CM 12.1 based build, the Nexus 5 (codename Hammerhead)!

Read more...
    Woohoo!

Sent from my OnePlus One awaiting a LuneOS port
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Is the N5 build on par with the N4 and TP builds, or is there additional work needed? And the most important question: since it uses a cm12 base, and ofono, will the cdma radio work? Please say yes. The N5 is compatible with Sprint. It is my dream to run LuneOS on my daily driver someday.
    Preemptive and MudShark22 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Is the N5 build on par with the N4 and TP builds, or is there additional work needed? And the most important question: since it uses a cm12 base, and ofono, will the cdma radio work? Please say yes. The N5 is compatible with Sprint. It is my dream to run LuneOS on my daily driver someday.
    The N5 build is completely integrated into our standard builds now. There are still issues with Bluetooth, but the rest works fine. However I didn't test CDMA at all, so I really can't tell if it would work or not.
    Grabber5.0 and MudShark22 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofe View Post
    The N5 build is completely integrated into our standard builds now. There are still issues with Bluetooth, but the rest works fine. However I didn't test CDMA at all, so I really can't tell if it would work or not.
    Can I borrow it?
    Can I borrow it?
    oFono theoretically supports CDMA. Best guess would be to look at SFOS or Ubuntu to see if they have a CDMA device working, if yes then LuneOS should be possible too :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Im guessing nobody else is currently testing LuneOS on an N5? I find myself stalking ebay for them now, but I don't want to buy yet another phone right now. :/
    Should the Touchpad BT keyboard work with Lune? It sees it but says it cannot connect to it.
    I cant connect to HP Touchpad BT keyboard either, it is detected, but no connection or response from key presses.
    Has anyone tested the Maguro yet?

Has anyone tested the Maguro yet?

Yes, myself & Tofe have tested it to a reasonable extend. I cannot say it's 100% feature equal to CM 10.1 based build but should be very close. The audio bug is gone which was my biggest gripe with previous builds.

HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Im guessing nobody else is currently testing LuneOS on an N5? I find myself stalking ebay for them now, but I don't want to buy yet another phone right now. :/
    Same here. But I'm sure as soon as I find a deal on a N5 I'll end up upgrading. Quite an upgrade over the N4 at least looking at specs.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    hhm Nexus5 would be an option to test LuneOS for me in the future. Hope I can find some newer end 2016 - 2017 video to see the progress.
    I really miss much of webOS-flow on my BB PRIV.
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    Same here. But I'm sure as soon as I find a deal on a N5 I'll end up upgrading. Quite an upgrade over the N4 at least looking at specs.
    You're not helping me stop looking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Yes, myself & Tofe have tested it to a reasonable extend. I cannot say it's 100% feature equal to CM 10.1 based build but should be very close. The audio bug is gone which was my biggest gripe with previous builds.

OK. Saw some IRC log stuff to make me think something was amiss.

Will restore android Maguro build then d/l stable, wipe device and install. Need to find a sim for it.

- T

OK. Saw some IRC log stuff to make me think something was amiss.

Will restore android Maguro build then d/l stable, wipe device and install. Need to find a sim for it.

- T

Not sure what you saw, might be the Yocto Pyro stuff we've been playing with. That has issues for sure currently and unlikely to make it to a nightly soon... For TP & Maguro we'd need to update the kernel to 3.4 or downgrade various bits (glibc, systemd etc). So we'll see how that'll play out.

That is likely what I saw while riding the subway. Thnx!

Haven't filed a bug yet, but I noticed that system sounds are about the only sound that will play. Sound did seem to work on YouTube most of the time, but when I installed Foxcasts and the Touchpad music app, they play (the time indicates it is playing) but no sound plays out of the speaker. I am getting sound in Lunetube. Haven't checked headphones or Bluetooth yet.

Edit: headphones don't change anything. Well actually, right now I'm only getting audio with headphones. Don't think the jack is stuck, but I rule it out yet.

Edit again: Foxcasts and Music are working with headphones too. Time to back up and flash Android and re-test the speaker. It was working for system sounds before, so I feel like it's more of a routing issue.

Last edit: sound working fine on cm13.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 03/02/2017 at 05:35 PM.
    Can you WebOS to some Smartphone with physical keyboard? like BlackBerry Priv (Android), BlackBerry Passport, BlackBerry Q10, etc. Because WebOS with physical keyboard is the perfect combination.

Thank you so much.
    Can you WebOS to some Smartphone with physical keyboard? like BlackBerry Priv (Android), BlackBerry Passport, BlackBerry Q10, etc. Because WebOS with physical keyboard is the perfect combination.

Thank you so much.
    Unfortunately the boot loaders on the BlackBerry devices are completely locked down :'(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast