Like Tree12Likes
  • 3 Post By MudShark22
  • 4 Post By Tofe
  • 1 Post By Tofe
  • 2 Post By Tofe
  • 2 Post By Tofe
  1.    #1  
    And for Maguro too? And it fixes audio maybe?

Did I read the IRC logs correctly that the actual process of creating CM 12.1 based LuneOS for a 'new' target device is smoother/less involved than the 4.2.2 android era?

Inquiring enthusiasts want to know!
    And maybe alpha test!

Sent from my OnePlus One awaiting a LuneOS port
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Grabber5.0, Mutoidi and Rnp like this.
    Yes, it is now in our testing branch

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    And for Maguro too?
    Correct!

And it fixes audio maybe?
    Correct!

Did I read the IRC logs correctly that the actual process of creating CM 12.1 based LuneOS for a 'new' target device is smoother/less involved than the 4.2.2 android era?
    Correct! Though it's not really noob-proof, there is a lot less to tweak to get the result.

And maybe alpha test!
    You can try a testing build, if you're tempted Just remember to flash CM 12.1 first !

Note that there may be some issues still; for example Herrie has had problems with some versions of 5.1.1 images on mako; I'll have a look to see what went wrong. For my tests I used the latest CM12.1 image provided by CM for mako and maguro.
  3.    #3  
    Sweet. I had never tried Linux before following the webos internals guide to creating a meta-doctor. And that was highly successful endeavor

A solid wiki with good google-fu skills can get me by. Looking forward to reading an updated porting guide. Then I may dabble with a oneplus one. LineageOS is still officially supporting and I have the CM12.1 zip.

Thanks Tofe!

Should call audio be working on the new cm12.1-based builds? Installed latest nightly, and I have no call audio in or out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Should call audio be working on the new cm12.1-based builds? Installed latest nightly, and I have no call audio in or out.
    It should be working, but I didn't have a SIM in the device at the time, so I completely forgot to test that part. I'm also debugging the telephony on the CM12.1 N5 port, it could be that the issues are common to the CM12.1 binaries.
    Is it just audio ? Do you still can ring and send SMS?
    A solid wiki with good google-fu skills can get me by. Looking forward to reading an updated porting guide.
    Well, while doing the current N5 port I'm also trying to keep track of the things I do. When it'll be finished I'll merge that with our existing guide to have an updated and more complete guide. Here is the document I'm working on: https://gist.github.com/Tofee/f3a65d...7d3746f0031357
    MudShark22 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofe View Post
    It should be working, but I didn't have a SIM in the device at the time, so I completely forgot to test that part. I'm also debugging the telephony on the CM12.1 N5 port, it could be that the issues are common to the CM12.1 binaries.
    Is it just audio ? Do you still can ring and send SMS?
    It's only call audio. Incoming and outgoing calls work, as well as SMS notifications and media audio. I don't recall whether the call ring tone played or not. Edit: yes the ringtone plays, but at low volume. It does not honor the ringtone volume setting. Just to rule things out I restored a cm13 backup and confirmed the hardware is working fine (I don't use it for calls very often..)
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/25/2017 at 06:26 PM.
    Ok, this is now figured out. There are still some issues with the telephony infrastructure (ofono doesn't retrieve the operator's properties), but at least you can phone with the phone
    MudShark22 and Grabber5.0 like this.
  9.    #9  
    So to be sure, I grabbed the latest nightly from the server for Maguro.

Confirming this is a 12.1 build (as I just reinstalled cm12.1 this morning)

10.    #10  
    Alrighty then.

- wiped Maguro
    - Installed CM12.1
    - booted, let it settle (no gapps installed)
    - go to wiki, download nightly from wiki link for Maguro (Jan 25th)
    - boot to recovery, back up android install
    - thru recovery, install 25JAN LuneOS Maguro testing dev zip

Results:
    - reboot but skips 1st use, goes straight to home screen but completely non responsive
    - hold power to force reboot, get 1st use
    - take care of 1st use matters; note: no sim
    - home screen arrives, start testing
    - bring up Memos, create new memo....no keyboard appears.
    - swipe up and away, bring up browser
    - tap into URL window, no keyboard again
    - swipe up and away; note: that quick phantom downwards rebound of the swiped away card still happens
    - screen dims but did not lock (like some inbetween state) and is unable to return to normal brightness without manually locking and unlocking
    - restart Maguro to see if issues resolve with another boot
    - still no keyboard again

Some good stuff:
    - more snappy than past
    - everything is scaled very nicely
    - calculator works as does finger term

My only concern is that the 25JAN dev package I d/l was not based on 12.1

- Thomas

Where do I get CM 12.1??

This Site ist down:
    https://download.cyanogenmod.org/
    Don't know. (I expect someone will post an archive link). Did you not catch the news? Yes, this is us. – Lineage OS – Lineage OS Android Distribution

Lineage appears to be starting with versions 13 & 14.

Edit: webOS Ports likely have a copy or at least a working link. There's a github repo if you can build it, but it seems to have 10, 13 & 14 - don't see 12 https://github.com/CyanogenMod/lge-kernel-mako
    Last edited by Preemptive; 02/07/2017 at 11:23 AM.
    I was going to upload it to my Box account, but it's over the size limit for free accounts. :/
    We'll try to find a solution, it is indeed quite embarrassing.
    Preemptive and MudShark22 like this.