Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
  1.    #1  
    Merry Christmas! And we’re finally back with a new release called “Cappuccino”, just in time for Christmas and the New Year. We have been focusing on improving the underlying system stability, adding new features and upgrading various system components.

The release is a bit later compared to what you’re used to this which is due to a combination of some technical, logistical and personnel issues.

We have worked hard to make the OS even more stable and smooth. We have been focusing on some of the back-end bits for Instant Messaging. Instant Messages aren’t working yet fully in our Enyo 2 rewrite of Messaging, but things start to look better with each change. We have also updated various IM plugins for Skype & Yahoo.

We have also reworked the handling of the notifications to become a bit more snappier and we brought back some more features from LunaCE like “Card Zoom Gestures“.

We have also re-worked the handling of the icons in the launcher a bit. We now have a Calendar icon showing the correct day for example.

We have also started the work to migrate our Nexus 4 (Mako) build from Android 4.2.2 (CM 10.1) based to Android 5.1 (CM 12.1) based. The image for this is working, we’re now looking to integrate this into our build environment, which is scheduled for just after the holidays. This will also make new ports of more modern targets like the newer Nexus and OnePlus targets a lot easier.

At the same time we’re also looking at updating our Yocto release from Krogoth to Morty, however we ran into some roadblocks there, so we’ll revisit that after we have completed our CM 12.1 build integration.

Many other small items have been fixed as well, read on for more details of all the changes!
    Keep up the good work all!
    Is it just being away for a while, or are apps opening faster? The messaging app in particular seems to be more responsive. Also impressed that getting slammed with what seemed like 100 text messages all at once didn't lock up the system or messaging app (Google Voice text forwarding was enabled, but my phone had apparently been offline all day). Clearing all the notifications was a headache though! It makes me curious which way we're going with notifications though - separate like Android and iOS seem to use, or merged like the Touchpad, where you can peel them away one at a time or all at once with the icon.
    Yes, keep on trucking, folks! Very impressive work here!

Happy newwwwww year!

(FYI the card gestures link above is failing, saying webOS ports' DNS is unavailable)
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Is it just being away for a while, or are apps opening faster? The messaging app in particular seems to be more responsive. Also impressed that getting slammed with what seemed like 100 text messages all at once didn't lock up the system or messaging app (Google Voice text forwarding was enabled, but my phone had apparently been offline all day). Clearing all the notifications was a headache though! It makes me curious which way we're going with notifications though - separate like Android and iOS seem to use, or merged like the Touchpad, where you can peel them away one at a time or all at once with the icon.
    Actually the chatthreader service is currently sending the notifications and it's not "very smart" (I.e. it sends one for each message currently.....). In legacy the Messaging app itself would do this. We'd need to replicate that so it would become more manageable when you have a 100 :-P It should group it like legacy eventually. The cards & transitions have been tweaked recently so they are a lot smoother. We also keep on updating QtWebEngine and other bits so performance increases as well :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Yes, keep on trucking, folks! Very impressive work here!

Happy newwwwww year!

(FYI the card gestures link above is failing, saying webOS ports' DNS is unavailable)
    The system admins are doing some large maintenance works on the build, web etc servers between Christmas and New Year, so there will be some downtime ;-)

HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Right after a release is no time to have the servers offline!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    Right after a release is no time to have the servers offline!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    I know, but the release was delayed due to earlier DNS problems, little time & technical issues on the TP. This maintenance is needed for a long time. A 12TB fsck needs to be done and a lot of other upgrades to the whole server farm, which is shared with various projects!

Wow that sounds like it will take a while. Glad I downloaded it right away.
    Is it normal for it to take several minutes for the phone to show up in adb devices? I thought I used to be able to connect during boot, but now I can't even connect after it's booted up for several minutes. Once connected it works fine, but it's annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Wow that sounds like it will take a while. Glad I downloaded it right away.
    It seems they're back up - that was quick!
    is it just me?
    Hey all, installed the new build using terminal lastnite, everything went fine, went through the first use fine, after home screen loads, i attempt to setup my wifi, but its not picking up any networks, its just constantly spinning. Noticed my date/time was incorrect attempted to fix that, after turning network time off, i get the options for the date and time but they are greyed out, so unable to click and change it.

So wifi isnt working and so far unable to change the date/time manually, figured i reach out before trying to push the previous build back as that one was working fine
    Is that on an N4 or TP? Assuming TP since you mentioned Terminal. My initial install using the update script on my TP acted like that. I was having a similar date / time issue as webOS would not sync the time for some reason, but I think my problem was the script was not downloading the latest image because the symlink was pointing at an older one. After I downloaded the image and kernel manually and updated them, all was fine.
    I did have have an older uImage file and have replaced it, but the image is correct.and still no internet. Do I need to reinstall that as well?/
    I know if the uImage and os I'm a don't match, there's a good chance wifi won't work. If you can, I'd validate the md5 hashes for the image and kernel against the md5 files on the site for the December stable. You don't have anything to lose reinstalling, so if you have rebooted and wifi still doesn't work, that's what I'd recommend.
    This is interesting.. I restored a backup of the December stable on one of my N4s (an 8GB unit) and on boot, it always gives me the "The application database is almost full." notification. I've only got a few apps installed - what is the trigger on this? Not sure if it's a real issue worth tracking or something else.
    Whats new on the Chailatte Release?? There is no information on PivotCE.
    iRC logs say stable release soon! I hope!

Sent from my OnePlus One awaiting a LuneOS port
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    I see a new build in the mako stable folder.
    Since my mako no longer works, its back to Maguro for me! And I won't mess with my TPs.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast