Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xd1936
    Global Posts
    359 Global Posts
    Hello!

I would love to install LuneOS 100% in place of Legacy WebOS, if possible. Could we assemble an easier installation tool, similar to the WebOS Doctor, that would install LuneOS? It could even be as simple as a bat/sh script, similar to how the TouchPad Toolbox distributes itself.
    LongLivePalm
    Well, there's an update script by Chairman Honeycrisp for once you have it installed.
    LuneOS Update Script (Experimental!)

I'm not sure what the state of power management is at the moment and recommend a full shutdown if you leave the device unattended to avoid battery drain. LuneOS boots a lot faster than legacy anyway.
    When LuneOS goes beta or even full official stable release, it'll never run on a Pre3. Legacy webOS is it for legacy devices. Period.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    If you noted, he linked to TP Toolbox. I would presume the OP is looking for an easy LuneOS installer for TP. No reference to Pre 3 or webos 2.x. Just TP. No need to go critical.

Personally, the issue that stops me from trying nightlies is no on device updater mechanism for maguro or mako. I don't have time to ADB everything all the time. But I got dead time in airports and train stations. I would try double the versions with a preware LuneOS update process. Even a partial file for CWM or TWRP would be so beneficial.

So I support any update mechanism that allows me to try more LuneOS, even with $.

And that's all the OP wants, IMO.

Sent from my OnePlus One awaiting a LuneOS port
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Global Posts
    359 Global Posts
    Sorry I wasn't being clear, and you all were forced to speculate on what I'm asking for.

I have a TouchPad running Legacy WebOS right now, and I am interested in giving LuneOS a try. If I wanted to install LuneOS, I would have to get comfortable with lvm and laying out multiple partitions. What I really want is to plug my TouchPad into my computer via USB, run a script or modified WebOS Doctor, and have LuneOS install as my main operating system instead of Legacy WebOS.

Is such a thing possible?
    LongLivePalm
    MudShark22 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by xd1936 View Post
    Sorry I wasn't being clear, and you all were forced to speculate on what I'm asking for.

I have a TouchPad running Legacy WebOS right now, and I am interested in giving LuneOS a try. If I wanted to install LuneOS, I would have to get comfortable with lvm and laying out multiple partitions. What I really want is to plug my TouchPad into my computer via USB, run a script or modified WebOS Doctor, and have LuneOS install as my main operating system instead of Legacy WebOS.

Is such a thing possible?
    If partitioning is your concern then you could use Tailor. The whole LuneOS installing is essentially extracting a zip into a partition, to put it simply. I don't think such a Doctor exists, although I haven't been around much lately.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Although there is no dedicated installer for LuneOS (yet. . . !) the step by step instructions are very easy to follow. It may take a while to go through it the first time, but after installing the monthlies you get used to the procedure. The first is the worst due to partitioning though, but by no means insurmountable. A decent way to load apps or even share the webOS partition would be nice but I understand this is alpha and getting it working properly and reliably is the number 1 goal.
    I also would like to remove webOS, I have android 7.1 and LuneOs and webOS on my Touchpad, WebOS is only used to install/update LuneOS.
    I have to copy boot image for android or luneOS as I can not have all 3 installed at once.
    Would be great if we could use TWRP to instal LuneOS like it does on Nexus phone.