Like Tree21Likes
  • 13 Post By webOS Ports
  • 2 Post By MudShark22
  • 1 Post By Shuswap
  • 5 Post By creepingmee
  1.    #1  
    We're already back with another stable release, "C ph sữa đ" also known as "cafe sua da"! A nice Vietnamese coffee recipe For this release we've been focusing on system stability as well as adding new features

We have worked hard to make sure the startup order of services is correct. We had a lot of errors and warnings in the system logs and many things were not working (properly) on a first boot. It turned out quite some things needed tweaking, so that's what we did! As a result everything that should work on a first boot, now works as it should We did a lot of housekeeping that's not directly visible to the users, to make sure that the system logs are lot cleaner and don't provide distractions while debugging issues.

We have also reworked the handling of the cards to become a bit more snappier and we brought back some more features from LunaCE like "Card Zoom Gestures" and "Stack Spread Gestures".

We have also re-arranged the icons in the launcher a bit. Preware can now be found in the "Downloads"-tab, Settings, Tweaks, Testr, C+DAV Sync App and the SDL OpenGL ES test apps can now be found in the "Prefs"-tab.

Many other small items have been fixed as well, read on for more details of all the changes!
    Quote Originally Posted by webOS Ports View Post
    We're already back with another stable release, "C ph sữa đ" also known as "cafe sua da"! A nice Vietnamese coffee recipe For this release we've been focusing on system stability as well as adding new features
    Happy to see the new release! I know what I'll be doing later
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Passport SE
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I def! Love you guys! I am grateful for your work and appreciate the time you take to gift the community!!!! 💞💞💞💞
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Appreciate your hard work and the time you take! Love you guys!!! 💞💞💞
    Well, I installed on my maguro (as my 2 Mako phones are now junk) and after 30 minutes of playing around, here are some prelim observations:
    - I still have the sound distortion issue from two stables ago. All system sounds are unintelligible. Also affects listening to YouTube.
    - was able to add gmail account and it synced. But selecting an email to view, doesn't.
    - WiFi connected but no Preware feeds were downloaded. I had enabled all during first use.
    - stacking/spreading cards rulz! 
    - when swiping away card, after it disappears, there is an instant where the 'card loading' screen also reappears
    - Maps finds my location  but in portrait mode, the menu is unusable due to menu size not adjusting for screen. Landscape mode is better (i.e. I can see the options) but naturally requires more scrolling to view all map data options.
    - Generally, first time any app opens, it very slow. Closing and then subsequently opening is a significantly noticeable improvement in speed.

Thnx as always to the Ports team! You peeps rock!

Sent from my OnePlus One awaiting a LuneOS port
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Preemptive and Rnp like this.
    Found an issue on the Nexus 4. It's very difficult to scroll in the browser. Sometimes it is also difficult to touch links.
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Passport SE
    Preemptive likes this.
    When using File Manager and one selects a JPG for example, its not intuitive that once you highlight the file that you need to sideways swipe to get your menu options like open, delete, love etc. I was going to report it as a bug until I accidentally figured it out after multi attempts.

And if I go into a folder that has nothing I it, why doesn't a back swipe in gesture area take me back up a level? Yes I can hit the " /... " but not very webos-y to me.

This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Well, I installed on my maguro (as my 2 Mako phones are now junk) and after 30 minutes of playing around, here are some prelim observations:
    - I still have the sound distortion issue from two stables ago. All system sounds are unintelligible. Also affects listening to YouTube.
    Yes this is a known issue and as far as I can see it goes back to the very first release. It's probably something low-level at the kernel or audio drivers. There are some efforts done elsewhere to have a recent kernel for the Maguro. We might be able to piggyback on that and use that kernel as well (as well as update from Android 4.2.2 based bits).
    - was able to add gmail account and it synced. But selecting an email to view, doesn't.
    This seems Maguro specific. It works fine on my Mako & TP from what I can tell. I can confirm I'm able to replicate this on the Maguro. Might be memory related, it's something we'd need to look into.
    - WiFi connected but no Preware feeds were downloaded. I had enabled all during first use.
    That's something I'd need to check and confirm. Can you check in Preware itself if the feeds are enabled there?
    - stacking/spreading cards rulz! 
    - when swiping away card, after it disappears, there is an instant where the 'card loading' screen also reappears
    Would need to check that as well. I think I have noticed that on Maguro as well briefly. It's not noticeable on the N4.
    - Maps finds my location  but in portrait mode, the menu is unusable due to menu size not adjusting for screen. Landscape mode is better (i.e. I can see the options) but naturally requires more scrolling to view all map data options.
    Maps is really alpha, so it can for sure use some TLC.
    - Generally, first time any app opens, it very slow. Closing and then subsequently opening is a significantly noticeable improvement in speed.
    Yes I've noticed that too, it's more noticeable on slower devices like the Maguro then the Mako for example. There might be some caching or tweaking that can be done there.
    Thnx as always to the Ports team! You peeps rock!

We're trying to keep up
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    When using File Manager and one selects a JPG for example, its not intuitive that once you highlight the file that you need to sideways swipe to get your menu options like open, delete, love etc. I was going to report it as a bug until I accidentally figured it out after multi attempts.

And if I go into a folder that has nothing I it, why doesn't a back swipe in gesture area take me back up a level? Yes I can hit the " /... " but not very webos-y to me.

Tap & hold should work. The back gesture isn't always working properly we've noticed. That's something that would need looking into. It does work elsewhere in the app, so might be simple needed another hook.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Another awesome update. Finally got to try it out a little tonight. Really enjoying the LunaCE features being (re)added and appreciate the other work put in to fix bugs and make things better.

Is anyone else having problems with getting Project Macaw to work after installing it through Preware? The icon is there but nothing ever happens when I click on it. Other apps seem to work when installed (although I need to test a little more).
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Macaw from Preware is a Mojo app. Macaw Enyo works on LuneOS. I can't remember if I downloaded it by browsing his Preware feed or if someone posted a link on one of these threads.. I'll see if I can find it.
    It's nowhere near as feature complete and updated as the mojo version, but at least it runs in luneOS. Here is Macaw-Enyo https://www.dropbox.com/s/wliw3nj9lx...4_all.ipk?dl=0
    Updated my TP today. Preware only working in portrait again. Keyboard gets stretched/squeezed after rotating device, have to close and re-open to use it. Dropbox page for the Macaw link does not render correctly in browser, so I had to copy ipk from PC.

Macaw Enyo works fabulously! Haven't had time to check much more.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 10/22/2016 at 03:47 PM.
    I don't have authorization to submit a bug, but the phone app drop down doesn't appear to work on mako so i can't fix my APN (no mms on T-Mobile us) but otherwise it runs nicely and the level of bug fix activity is amazing.
    Hi, i'm new. Have been using WebOS ages ago and liked it. So i figured i really should check out LuneOS to bring back that feeling that my system behaves just the way i want it to. Flashed it over factory image on my Mako. Booted. Can't find WLAN. Not even when i enter SSID. I seem to be unable to connect to 3G, too. Did i miss something ? Thanks for help.
    I saw this tweeted and thought I'd post it. Unfortunately, it seems that new hardware (e.g. Snapdragon) is required, but my understanding is that Galileo can offer greater accuracy than GPS, so it may be worth bearing in mind or even adding support for future port targets - especially if existing open source code is already available.
    Galileo to Go Live on Thursday | GALILEO
    GlobalTop unveils Mediatek Multi-GNSS module | GALILEO
    Google opens up GNSS pseudoranges | GALILEO
    Qualcomm Technologies adds Galileo to product portfolio | GALILEO
    NASA and ESA to Test GPS and Galileo Receivers on Board the International Space Station | GALILEO