Like Tree10Likes
  • 5 Post By webOS Ports
  • 3 Post By Herrie
  • 1 Post By i2y4n
  • 1 Post By cbosdell
  1.    #1  
    Time flies while working hard it seems, another month passed and we’re already back with another stable release, Cafe Zorro or “Zorro” for short! A bit later then usual, because we were busy wrapping up some bits to be included in the release

So what have we been up to for this release? We’ve been working on getting IM services into shape which required quite a bit of work in the back end, but things are starting to look good. We still need to do more work to make it usable on a daily basis though.

We have also given some love to the browser in order to make the code work more reliably. The restructuring of the code will allow us to more easily add new features in the future as well because it has become more modular. The fullscreen mode is now working properly as well!

For the Touchpad we fixed an issue relating to the device not being able to resume in certain cases after the screen was off. We also fixed the screen going off when it shouldn’t.

Many other small items have been fixed as well, see below for more details of all the changes!

Read more...
    That's a long changelog! No wonder the September 10 nightly was such an improvement.
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Nexus 4
    Keep up the good work, I'm always happy to hear about the progress on this project.

It's not easy to keep momentum on small projects with very little incentive (aka: paycheck) so I'm very impressed Everytime i read the latest news. Kudos, gang!
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Good timing! I finally broke down and ordered another Nexus 4 so I look forward to trying LuneOS for the first time in six months when it arrives this week.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Good timing! I finally broke down and ordered another Nexus 4 so I look forward to trying LuneOS for the first time in six months when it arrives this week.
    My replacement Nexus 4 had a faulty USB port. In the process of fixing that I managed to bend the battery (it was stuck so strongly with the adhesive..), they're by far not as strong and steady as the HP/Palm ones :'( Ordered a replacement battery (original LG dated Dec 2015) for EUR 15, received next day and all is good now again. Should last for a while :-)

We've got a couple more things to get sorted before we might start to look into some newer porting target as well.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Keep up the good work, I'm always happy to hear about the progress on this project.

It's not easy to keep momentum on small projects with very little incentive (aka: paycheck) so I'm very impressed Everytime i read the latest news. Kudos, gang!
    We're trying to keep the momentum flowing, more hands would always be welcome even with things like website maintenance, writing documentation, graphics etc :-) Devs are welcome too of course :-) We tend to go 1 step backwards, 2 or 3 forwards in terms of development. The steps backward seem to get less though, so that's a good sign :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I can't help but wonder what comes after Z... beta???
    Shuswap likes this.
    Herrie: A Oneplus One port would be sweet

Sent from my OnePlus One awaiting a LuneOS port
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Got my "new" Nexus 4 in the mail today and loaded LuneOS on it a little bit ago. I have to say there are a lot of noticeable improvements from the last time I was able to try it (February or March release). Everything seems way snappier overall! The only thing I noticed it the card closing animation seems a little slower than it should (at least compared to webOS).

Oh and my hope is still for the Nexus 5 as a port target but I understand the appeal of the OnePlus One also.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    normsland likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    The only thing I noticed it the card closing animation seems a little slower than it should (at least compared to webOS).
    It seems to speed up a little after a couple of apps have been closed, but even then it remains kind of slo-mo compared to webOS.

Oh and my hope is still for the Nexus 5 as a port target but I understand the appeal of the OnePlus One also.
    I'd vote for a Nexus device too. I don't really care which one, since I don't own it yet.

It's so much easier to root and unlock the bootloader on a Nexus. Doing those things on my admittedly weird Canadian version of the LG G2 (D803) involved a lot of experimentation because the process is poorly documented. I'd rather not repeat something like that.
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Nexus 4
    The only thing I noticed it the card closing animation seems a little slower than it should (at least compared to webOS).
    This is due to the method used to represent the "swipe up" of a card; I'll have a look to see how to make it feel snappier.