Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes
    More testing results, all on the Nexus 4:

Bugs:

Account creation
    • when creating an account (in this case an email account), it is very difficult to select the text entry boxes. Usually, if you fill in one text entry box, you can't select the next one directly, but must touch some other screen element before proceeding to the next box.

Browser
    • every once in a while, it becomes impossible to relaunch the browser. As for causal conditions, the only thing I can be sure of is that it always happens after the browser has been previously used and closed.

Email
    • the email app reported my account credentials as incorrect and showed the triangular yellow "broken" sign with the exclamation point, while simultaneously displaying my emails.
    • sometimes, when you open an individual email, the viewing pane is blank (transparent). When this happens, it recurs for every subsequent email.
    • text in emails is very small on the Nexus 4.

Memos
    • scrolling for long memos doesn't always work. Sometimes the bottom of the memo text is obscured by the keyboard. Getting it to scroll up requires you to start typing, and it's hit or miss as to whether that works.

Text Entry
    • at times, text entry lags behind as you type. This worsens over time, until a device reboot is necessary. I found this happening in both the memos app and the browser. I think it must be related to the input system and not the apps themselves.
    • twice, somehow, the backspace key became "stuck" on and just kept deleting and deleting. I closed the memos app to stop it from deleting an entire memo, and when I reopened the app, and then reopened the memo, it resumed deleting!

Feature request:

The back gesture does not work in places where webOS users would expect it to work. It doesn't work in the browser or in simple webapps (the ones you can create with only a .json file and an icon) to go back a page, and you can't back-swipe all the way to 'cardification' in apps.

Keep up all the good work!
    Last edited by Shuswap; 08/30/2016 at 11:23 AM.
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post
    More testing results, all on the Nexus 4:

Bugs:

Account creation
    • when creating an account (in this case an email account), it is very difficult to select the text entry boxes. Usually, if you fill in one text entry box, you can't select the next one directly, but must touch some other screen element before proceeding to the next box.
    This is a known issue, we're looking for the cause, but it's been proving to be difficult to track down. Quick workaround is to hide the virtual keyboard and press the field, the virtual keyboard will then pop up and it will work properly. I'm not sure this is for Enyo 1 apps only? I seem to recall it is. It could be it's the tap handling in Enyo 1 that's buggy. I recall we had an issue with this long time ago.
    Browser
    • every once in a while, it becomes impossible to relaunch the browser. As for causal conditions, the only thing I can be sure of is that it always happens after the browser has been previously used and closed.
    We fixed a bug yesterday that would cause the browser to crash in some cases, should be available in latest nightly now. In case you still have this issue, can you please do the following:

1. adb shell
    2. journalctl > /media/internal/browser.txt
    3. exit
    4. adb pull /media/internal/browser.txt

You should have an output on your local machine names browser.txt with all the logs. Curious to see what's in there.

Email
    • the email app reported my account credentials as incorrect and showed the triangular yellow "broken" sign with the exclamation point, while simultaneously displaying my emails.
    • sometimes, when you open an individual email, the viewing pane is blank (transparent). When this happens, it recurs for every subsequent email.
    • text in emails is very small on the Nexus 4.
    I haven't seen the issues with the yellow triangle myself.

For the font size I guess it's because we have hard coded 14pt in the CSS file of the email app. Some of these core-apps would need to be adjusted to work more properly on different resolutions.

Memos
    • scrolling for long memos doesn't always work. Sometimes the bottom of the memo text is obscured by the keyboard. Getting it to scroll up requires you to start typing, and it's hit or miss as to whether that works.
    It could be the Memos app will need some TLC
    Text Entry
    • at times, text entry lags behind as you type. This worsens over time, until a device reboot is necessary. I found this happening in both the memos app and the browser. I think it must be related to the input system and not the apps themselves.
    • twice, somehow, the backspace key became "stuck" on and just kept deleting and deleting. I closed the memos app to stop it from deleting an entire memo, and when I reopened the app, and then reopened the memo, it resumed deleting!
    I noticed occasional slowdowns of the system as well after it's running for a while. Could be some memory leak. It's something we'd need to look into at some point too You can probably suffice with a simple Luna Restart instead of a full reboot though (saves time)

Feature request:

The back gesture does not work in places where webOS users would expect it to work. It doesn't work in the browser or in simple webapps (the ones you can create with only a .json file and an icon) to go back a page, and you can't back-swipe all the way to 'cardification' in apps.
    The gestures aren't implemented in the browser yet. We've been doing a refactoring of the browser code this week, so adding things like this will be easier going forward.
    Keep up all the good work!
    We're trying. The user feedback is really valuable for us to see what works & doesn't as well
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    This is a known issue, we're looking for the cause, but it's been proving to be difficult to track down. Quick workaround is to hide the virtual keyboard and press the field, the virtual keyboard will then pop up and it will work properly. I'm not sure this is for Enyo 1 apps only? I seem to recall it is. It could be it's the tap handling in Enyo 1 that's buggy. I recall we had an issue with this long time ago.

We fixed a bug yesterday that would cause the browser to crash in some cases, should be available in latest nightly now. In case you still have this issue, can you please do the following:

1. adb shell
    2. journalctl > /media/internal/browser.txt
    3. exit
    4. adb pull /media/internal/browser.txt

You should have an output on your local machine names browser.txt with all the logs. Curious to see what's in there.

I haven't seen the issues with the yellow triangle myself.

For the font size I guess it's because we have hard coded 14pt in the CSS file of the email app. Some of these core-apps would need to be adjusted to work more properly on different resolutions.

It could be the Memos app will need some TLC

I noticed occasional slowdowns of the system as well after it's running for a while. Could be some memory leak. It's something we'd need to look into at some point too You can probably suffice with a simple Luna Restart instead of a full reboot though (saves time)

The gestures aren't implemented in the browser yet. We've been doing a refactoring of the browser code this week, so adding things like this will be easier going forward.

We're trying. The user feedback is really valuable for us to see what works & doesn't as well
    Okay. I'll install the latest nightly. I'd be interested to know what's causing the failure to launch too, since it happened for me way back on an earlier release as well.
    Last edited by Shuswap; 09/13/2016 at 08:46 AM. Reason: ...because I actually understood what I was reading the second time around.
    Just got around to installing the September 10 nightly. Are there more tweaks? I don't recall there being so many tweaks (14 in total). It also seems more responsive than the August release. No system input slowdowns so far.

Will try to crash the browser and pull the files if I do.
    Last edited by Shuswap; 09/12/2016 at 11:48 PM.
    What version of Enyo is recommended for LuneOS app development?

I think QML is also recommended - does the version matter here?

Are there any other recommended frameworks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    What version of Enyo is recommended for LuneOS app development?

I think QML is also recommended - does the version matter here?

Are there any other recommended frameworks?
    Enyo version doesn't really matter since the framework is deployed with each app. I'd go for the latest. Other frameworks like AngularJS might work as well, I think Choorp recently tried something that worked fine. The browser is very capable for pretty much anything

QML will work too. Anything QT4+ should be fine
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post
    Just got around to installing the September 10 nightly. Are there more tweaks? I don't recall there being so many tweaks (14 in total). It also seems more responsive than the August release. No system input slowdowns so far.

Will try to crash the browser and pull the files if I do.
    I don't think we added any new Tweaks recently
    Enyo version doesn't really matter since the framework is deployed with each app. I'd go for the latest. Other frameworks like AngularJS might work as well, I think Choorp recently tried something that worked fine. The browser is very capable for pretty much anything

Anyone already tried React.jsjsjs $lib$ $under$ $LuneOS$?

toolbox could be used for the necessary partitions ??

Enviado desde mi XT1563 mediante Tapatalk
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12