Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Alan Morford
  • 4 Post By dkirker
  1.    #1  
    webos-ports.org can't be reached, is the site down?
    Seems to be right now
    Seriously, why do I write this stuff if webOS fans don't read it?

https://pivotce.com/2016/07/25/webos...sites-offline/

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    xandros9 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Seriously, why do I write this stuff if webOS fans don't read it?

https://pivotce.com/2016/07/25/webos...sites-offline/

Alan, I for one was glad of your post! I'd noticed it last Friday but with those two sites down & WebOSNations forums down over the weekend too it was kinda hard to tell anyone without telling the world first..
    Fair enough.

Follow me on Twitter
  6.    #6  
    A heads up post here would have been helpful to, then would not have needed to ask.
    I do check pivotce regularly. But sadly there is not a lot of webOS news.
    I now following pivotce on FB.
    Apparently I should be doing more?

I'm glad you're following us on fb. That was going to be my suggestion. Social media.

Follow me on Twitter
    It should be noted that our sites are back up. Big thanks to our diligent team!
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  9. vgg
    hi guys. I've recently reinstalled preware after installing openssl-updater, but the number of apps available has reduced to 215 from the previous 800+ apps. are the feeds not all up yet after the webos-internals/ports? site being down?

Check "Manage Feeds" in Preware. Or maybe you had alpha/beta/custom Feeds you didn't add after reinstalling?
    My list...
    Preware (on TP) says:
    Available applications: 1155
    Themes: 2306
    Patches: 125
    Other: 79
    So there's something to compare with. Maybe you need to checks enabled feeds or something.
    On that:
    Clock-themes (actually getting an error message on that)
    macaw
    optware
    pivotce
    precentral (i.e. WN)
    precentral-themes
    prethemer
    touchplayer
    webos-internals
    webos-kernels
    webos-patches
    woce
  12. vgg
    Thanks for the replies. I have something to compare against now so will try playing around with the feed management. Cheers.

Vito

13. vgg
    Ok I found my problem. In list of feeds I had an entry for minego.net/preware which was originally for macaw. I seem to recall that this feed no longer exists so when preware came across it would stop loading feeds below it, resulting in just a few apps being listed. Anyway I hope this helps other users who come across this. I'm presuming macaw now resides in the pivotce feed? Anyway thanks for the help.

Chrz

V2

Quote Originally Posted by vgg View Post
    Ok I found my problem. In list of feeds I had an entry for minego.net/preware which was originally for macaw. I seem to recall that this feed no longer exists so when preware came across it would stop loading feeds below it, resulting in just a few apps being listed. Anyway I hope this helps other users who come across this. I'm presuming macaw now resides in the pivotce feed? Anyway thanks for the help.
    I think it's the same - it's what I have listed. Project Macaw Update Today!!!
    I think there might have been a recent problem with the feed - maybe certificates? I think I may be a version behind. I guess the IPK can be got with browser and side loaded.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 08/01/2016 at 09:59 PM.
    I think it's the same - it's what I have listed. Project Macaw Update Today!!!
    I think there might have been a recent problem with the feed - maybe certificates? I think I may be a version behind. I guess the IPK can be got with browser and side loaded.
    The dev said he updated the ciphers which doesn't seem to work with our webOS version. He's looking for a solution. Alternatively he's considering putting it in the PivotCE feed instead.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2