• 1 Post By MAMISHO
  • 1 Post By Shuswap
  • 1 Post By mazzinia
  • 1 Post By eblade
  • 4 Post By Choorp
  • 2 Post By Choorp
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Hey guys! So, I've been itching to play around with LuneOS and figured a good way to start would be to port one of my apps over. As some of you may know, I just happen to have a nice little app that I developed for FirefoxOS. I'll be using this thread to keep you guys updated on how things are progressing. Alright, let's see if I remember how to do this...

Current Status: Preview. Most functionality is there, but there is still much to do.

What is it?

FoxCasts is an app that lets you easily subscribe to your favorite podcasts. You can search the iTunes library for podcasts and then subscribe to them. On the main page, you'll see all your subscriptions arranged as tiles in a grid. There are also a couple lists in the side bar that filter/sort all of the episodes based on certain criteria.

- Most Recent: All episodes from all subscriptions displayed in chronological order.
    - In Progress: Want to quickly get back to that episode you left off on? It'll be in here.
    - Downloaded: A list of all episodes that have been downloaded.

Basically, this is just a simple podcast app and works just like you think it would.

What things don't work yet?

- Downloading episodes
    - Notifications
    - More? Probably.

What else do I need to know?

Ok, so here's the deal. I don't have any devices that can run LuneOS, so I'm limited to the emulator. It's pretty decent, but I'm definitely going to need your help to track down bugs. Please let me know if you run into any issues, which I'm sure there will be plenty of.

Where can I get it?

Preware: You can find FoxCasts in the PivotCE feed.
    IPK: FoxCasts 1.4.1
    Web: FoxCasts
    Source: Github

Changelog

- Fixed episode downloading for FirefoxOS

- Video support
    - New build system to build and install straight to LuneOS device (Thanks DougReeder!)
    - Basic LuneOS Just Type integration. You can launch they app by typing "podcast" or "podcatcher" (Thanks again, Doug)

Alright! I was a bit rusty, but I think that went well. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. I'm sure I forgot something. As always, all feedback, both positive and negative, is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Choorp; 03/15/2016 at 12:45 PM.
    That's really cool. A podcast app is essential. I'll have to try it out on the weekend.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Passport SE
    Choorp likes this.
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Updated the top post with links to an ipk and the source code.
    MAMISHO likes this.
    Maybe I will try to work I this project 😊😊😊😊

Enviado desde mi SM-G925F mediante Tapatalk
    MudShark22 likes this.
    That's a really nicely laid out UI, and the design is excellent. I've added podcasts and it streams already, but as you noted, doesn't download.

Question: Is there a way to add streams by URL?

Question: If I wanted to adb push files over, is there any way to add them? I realize that this will not be an issue once/if downloading is implemented.
    Choorp likes this.
    Weird question... chances to add support also to legacy ? :P
    Choorp likes this.
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post
    That's a really nicely laid out UI, and the design is excellent. I've added podcasts and it streams already, but as you noted, doesn't download.

Question: Is there a way to add streams by URL?

Question: If I wanted to adb push files over, is there any way to add them? I realize that this will not be an issue once/if downloading is implemented.
    Thanks, I'm glad you think so! Currently, there is no way to add a stream by URL but it's in the works. I'm not sure how well handling manually-added files would work. It seems like that would be a better job for the native media player bundled with LuneOS?
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Weird question... chances to add support also to legacy ? :P
    Sadly, slim to none. FoxCasts uses IndexedDB to store all your podcasts and episodes. Legacy webOS doesn't support this feature. I'd love to be able to use the app on my webOS devices, but it's just not possible with how things are currently set up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Choorp View Post
    Thanks, I'm glad you think so! Currently, there is no way to add a stream by URL but it's in the works. I'm not sure how well handling manually-added files would work. It seems like that would be a better job for the native media player bundled with LuneOS?
    Yeah. There's no built in media player at this point, but there are a couple of options for playing local files in the browser, and you can grab the music player from the 3.0.5 doctor as well.
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post
    Yeah. There's no built in media player at this point, but there are a couple of options for playing local files in the browser, and you can grab the music player from the 3.0.5 doctor as well.
    Oh, I didn't know that! Good opportunity for someone to step up and make us a nice one.
    Oh, I didn't know that! Good opportunity for someone to step up and make us a nice one.
    does this mean that also music player remix works, in lune ?
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    does this mean that also music player remix works, in lune ?
    No, it's a Mojo app, and there's no Mojo in LuneOS. The stock Touchpad app is Enyo.
    Sadly, slim to none. FoxCasts uses IndexedDB to store all your podcasts and episodes. Legacy webOS doesn't support this feature. I'd love to be able to use the app on my webOS devices, but it's just not possible with how things are currently set up.
    A long time ago, I had started work on a storage kind for Enyo that I intended to have encompass the most platform-appropriate storage methods, falling back through the ages .. but i don't think I ever got it beyond one implementation. Not that this helps, but if you're ever really bored sometime and want to re-work things so that it is easier to support multiple storage engines.. it's an idea.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Choorp likes this.
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Updated top post with FoxCasts 1.4.0.

- Video support
    - New build system to build and install straight to LuneOS device (Thanks DougReeder!)
    - Basic LuneOS Just Type integration. You can launch they app by typing "podcast" or "podcatcher" (Thanks again, Doug)
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Just a little FYI: You can now find FoxCasts in the PivotCE feed in Preware.
    MudShark22 and Saijin_Naib like this.