03/02/2016, 08:03 PM
Hey guys! So, I've been itching to play around with LuneOS and figured a good way to start would be to port one of my apps over. As some of you may know, I just happen to have a nice little app that I developed for FirefoxOS. I'll be using this thread to keep you guys updated on how things are progressing. Alright, let's see if I remember how to do this...
Current Status: Preview. Most functionality is there, but there is still much to do.
What is it?
FoxCasts is an app that lets you easily subscribe to your favorite podcasts. You can search the iTunes library for podcasts and then subscribe to them. On the main page, you'll see all your subscriptions arranged as tiles in a grid. There are also a couple lists in the side bar that filter/sort all of the episodes based on certain criteria.
- Most Recent: All episodes from all subscriptions displayed in chronological order.
- In Progress: Want to quickly get back to that episode you left off on? It'll be in here.
- Downloaded: A list of all episodes that have been downloaded.
Basically, this is just a simple podcast app and works just like you think it would.
What things don't work yet?
- Downloading episodes
- More? Probably.
What else do I need to know?
Ok, so here's the deal. I don't have any devices that can run LuneOS, so I'm limited to the emulator. It's pretty decent, but I'm definitely going to need your help to track down bugs. Please let me know if you run into any issues, which I'm sure there will be plenty of.
Where can I get it?
Preware: You can find FoxCasts in the PivotCE feed.
IPK: FoxCasts 1.4.1
- Fixed episode downloading for FirefoxOS
- Video support
- New build system to build and install straight to LuneOS device (Thanks DougReeder!)
- Basic LuneOS Just Type integration. You can launch they app by typing "podcast" or "podcatcher" (Thanks again, Doug)
Alright! I was a bit rusty, but I think that went well. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. I'm sure I forgot something. As always, all feedback, both positive and negative, is greatly appreciated.