Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
  1.    #1  
    We’re very pleased to present you our latest monthly stable release, Café Miel or “Miel” for short.

We have been working hard to bring the most sought after feature: phone calls! In order to do so we have upgraded our whole connection stack (ConnMan, oFono, VoiceCall, libconnman-qt, libqofono, phonesim) to the latest version available from these projects. We have done a lot of work on our phone app, both layout and functionality wise. As a result you can now make and receive calls with LuneOS!

Read the release: https://pivotce.com/2016/02/07/luneo...ase-cafe-miel/
    The Title should be called February.
    Haha whoops
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Great job again! I haven't tested the calling features yet. I did test the audio player from the 3.0.5 doctor and it works now A few notes:

• The song list displays, but artists and albums don't.
    • For some reason, after creating a playlist, the player display behaves much better on the N4.
    • The mini player in the notification area works perfectly on the N4.
    • When you turn off the screen with the power button the player will eventually cut out and then play sporadically (again, on the N4).
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Nexus 4
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post
    Great job again! I haven't tested the calling features yet. I did test the audio player from the 3.0.5 doctor and it works now A few notes:

• The song list displays, but artists and albums don't.
    • For some reason, after creating a playlist, the player display behaves much better on the N4.
    • The mini player in the notification area works perfectly on the N4.
    • When you turn off the screen with the power button the player will eventually cut out and then play sporadically (again, on the N4).
    Albums, artists & genres DB8 kinds are currently not being populated yet. This is being worked on. The DB8 kind for the songs was already there, just needed a bit of tweaking. Albums, artists and genres need to be build based on that.

We didn't test much the display & suspend handling, so it's expected that this will need some work.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Rnp likes this.
    Can you explain more about version numbers
    System Update shows Version: 168
    and about tablet shows-
    Version : unknown
    Codename: Milk
    Build Tree: testing
    Build Version: 314

Maps now locates me near Brisbane Australia (ISP Location i think) this is something webOS could never do work in southern hemisphere.

screen timeout still turning off after set time ignoring touch input.
    Last edited by Firepower; 02/08/2016 at 02:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firepower View Post
    Can you explain more about version numbers
    System Update shows Version: 168
    and about tablet shows-
    Version : unknown
    Codename: Milk
    Build Tree: testing
    Build Version: 314

Maps now locates me near Brisbane Australia (ISP Location i think) this is something webOS could never do work in southern hemisphere.

For Maps we use Mozilla Location Services, so it works better but not very accurate due to the fact it doesn't use GPS.

screen timeout still turning off after set time ignoring touch input.
    The version comes from http://build.webos-ports.org/luneos-.../manifest.json
    The build version comes from luneos-testing_tenderloin [Jenkins]

I guess we need to make things a bit more clear The update mechanism doesn't work yet, but at least the notification works
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Good work, LuneOS crew! Phone calls is a major milestone.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    When you turn off the screen with the power button the player will eventually cut out and then play sporadically (again, on the N4).
    To stream* (maybe also to play a file, need to test) audio on webOS 3.0.5 I have learned to switch the screen lock to the programme length and dim it down. If it locks, the audio cuts out and returns as if it is fighting the lock. So this maybe is an original webOS bug. If using the tablet while listening, some apps with sound degrade the sound quality of the stream - perhaps another conflict or maybe the apps aren't coded right. Turning music & effects off in a game has no effect, I have to close the app to fix the sound. I haven't tried enough combinations to know if it's an app or OS problem, but maybe those are some clues from legacy.

I would suggest a tweak setting for the user to choose whether the lock screen cuts sound or doesn't activate during fullscreen video (maybe this happens already?). Or tapping 'fullscreen' could cause the OS to ask, "Stay unlocked for duration of video?"

I'm getting confused. I have Mint on a laptop. Sound is fine when locked. I can set a timeout for dimming, but I can't find an off setting for the lock and have to tap the mousepad every few minutes on F/S video as it starts to fade to black!

*Actually, this is streaming with Flashplayer in the browser, not the music player
    Last edited by Preemptive; 02/08/2016 at 01:27 PM.
    We need a "no screen off while charging" setting
    We need a "no screen off while charging" setting
    Quite sure we have that somewhere already with the Screen or Developer Options in Settings.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Guys I have to say I am so impressed with how much work you've done!

Updated my N4 last night & had to give phone calls a try. I'm just managing to keep my Pre3 alive at present, so it's really pleasing to see what has been achieved.

I've noticed a few things, & raised my first bug (apologies if it's not perfect, it is only my first!): Lock screen displays active application

Before I go mental & start creating more, a few questions please? All are meant in the utmost respect!

• My test call was speaker phone only, and speaker phone button didn't do anything. I've seen mention of a way to change it at the command line before I think?
    • When the contact photo is displayed during call, did you know you can still dial numbers by tapping on the photo?
    • A funny one with the clock when my N4 is on charge. Select the 2nd/middle/digital clock, turn from portrait to landscape, turn back to portrait & voila! the 3rd clock suddenly appears instead?
    • Messaging: here in the UK the number system changes between internal only & international formats (when prefixing the country code we drop the leading zero '0' from the internal number). But in the messaging app this appears as two separate conversations with the same number. Granted I did a quick number only test instead of having a contact listed, but does this make sense?

Many thanks to all of you for your hard work!
    What news of the RaspberryPi port? Does it keep pace with the updates?
    What news of the RaspberryPi port? Does it keep pace with the updates?
    Yeah we're basically waiting for QT to release 5.6 so we can start migrating and also for the dev to finish some back end work. So it's not forgotten! Just QT is a bit slow :-P

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I just changed the font size in the LuneOS browser, according to instructions Herrie posted several months back:

In BrowserWebView.qml you can add the following now after the "profile.httpUserAgent: userAgent.defaultUA"-line:
    settings.standardFontFamily: "Prelude"
    settings.fixedFontFamily: "Prelude"
    settings.serifFontFamily: "Prelude"
    settings.cursiveFontFamily: "Prelude"
    settings.defaultFontSize: FontUtils.sizeToPixels("14pt")
    settings.defaultFixedFontSize: FontUtils.sizeToPixels("14pt")
    You can add 1 or more of above. The FontUtils is used to make sure you get a similar font size experience across various resolutions/dpi screens
    Question: in that same file, there is a default browser user agent setting. Can I change it there, or does it get changed in the user agent file in the qml folder? I've noticed that a lot of sites get rendered as desktop sites, and I'd like to manually set the user agent as something that will get mobile sites all the time.

Thanks!
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaldex View Post
    Guys I have to say I am so impressed with how much work you've done!

Updated my N4 last night & had to give phone calls a try. I'm just managing to keep my Pre3 alive at present, so it's really pleasing to see what has been achieved.

I've noticed a few things, & raised my first bug (apologies if it's not perfect, it is only my first!): Lock screen displays active application
    No, feel free to report even small bugs. Some we're aware off, some we aren't. Some aren't documented. This one will be resolved shorlty.

Before I go mental & start creating more, a few questions please? All are meant in the utmost respect!

[*]My test call was speaker phone only, and speaker phone button didn't do anything. I've seen mention of a way to change it at the command line before I think?
    I don't think we hooked up any call yet to that button. I'm sure that will be sorted shortly though
    [*]When the contact photo is displayed during call, did you know you can still dial numbers by tapping on the photo?
    I'd need to test that, not sure, could be a small bug we need fixing
    [*]A funny one with the clock when my N4 is on charge. Select the 2nd/middle/digital clock, turn from portrait to landscape, turn back to portrait & voila! the 3rd clock suddenly appears instead?
    That's funny indeed. The Clock needs a little tweaking still anyway for different screen formats it seems.
    [*]Messaging: here in the UK the number system changes between internal only & international formats (when prefixing the country code we drop the leading zero '0' from the internal number). But in the messaging app this appears as two separate conversations with the same number. Granted I did a quick number only test instead of having a contact listed, but does this make sense?
    Messaging is still quite rough. We're currently working on updating the phone number lib (g11n) so it's up to date using latest Google data, instead of outdated g11n from Enyo 1.0 dating back to 2011. This will be integrated into the system, so it'll replace g11n altogether at some point. Then number normalization should work better as well (this is use in the Phone, Contacts & Messaging app).

Many thanks to all of you for your hard work!
    You're welcome
    I just changed the font size in the LuneOS browser, according to instructions Herrie posted several months back:

Question: in that same file, there is a default browser user agent setting. Can I change it there, or does it get changed in the user agent file in the qml folder? I've noticed that a lot of sites get rendered as desktop sites, and I'd like to manually set the user agent as something that will get mobile sites all the time.

Thanks!
    Yes that should work.

Thanks!
    For some reason the font size change didn't seem to work for me. I added all of the lines as they look like they are updating different settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    For some reason the font size change didn't seem to work for me. I added all of the lines as they look like they are updating different settings.
    I only added the last two and set them to 18 point. They only seem to work on some sites and get overridden by the site defaults on others.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I only added the last two and set them to 18 point. They only seem to work on some sites and get overridden by the site defaults on others.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I'll see if that makes a difference. Maybe I haven't checked the right sites.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast