Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes
  1.    #1  
    We’re very pleased to present you our latest monthly stable release, Caffè Medici or “Medici” for short. We’ve had a bit of delay in getting this release out due to the holiday period and some bugs we wanted to sort first.

Read more...
    The latest release is very nice. Just started using it, so I can't comment on any issues yet, but I can say that I'm enjoying the audio support in the browser. Warlord's web-based mp3 player works, but you need to turn down all of the equalizer sliders. Youtube and Jango also work well. I can really see a day when LuneOS will be daily driver material.

-- sent from my Nexus 4 with LuneOS.
    The new browser should be able to run pretty much anything :-) It's based off a little bit older Chromium (still very decent though), but when upgrading to Qt 5.6 it will be based on a lot newer one :-) Newer Qt will also bring plugin support so things like Pepper flash plugin become possible :-) Our audio service has been rewritten from scratch and it not so extensive yet as the one from legacy, which could explain the equalizer "issues". Theoretically you should be able to copy legacy Music app, install it and run it ;-) MediaIndexer exists so it might just work :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    hfGermany, vgg and cbosdell like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    The new browser should be able to run pretty much anything :-) It's based off a little bit older Chromium (still very decent though), but when upgrading to Qt 5.6 it will be based on a lot newer one :-) Newer Qt will also bring plugin support so things like Pepper flash plugin become possible :-) Our audio service has been rewritten from scratch and it not so extensive yet as the one from legacy, which could explain the equalizer "issues". Theoretically you should be able to copy legacy Music app, install it and run it ;-) MediaIndexer exists so it might just work :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    Well, that sounds interesting. I'm off to search the forums to figure out how to save/copy the built-in apps.
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post
    Well, that sounds interesting. I'm off to search the forums to figure out how to save/copy the built-in apps.
    The are in /usr/palm/ipkg on the 3.0.5 Doctor

Extract them, put them in a folder

Then: adb push foldername /media/internal

Then: adb shell
    cd /media/internal/
    opkg install com.palm.appname_xxxx.ipk

And that for each of the apps

P.s. It seems that the wallpaper selector in Settings can also select audio files and it has a built in player :P
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Note there are two separate IPKs for the 3.0.5 music app. Not sure what other services it might be dependent on. In previous builds, the indexer was not obviously working, or the 3.x app simply didn't work.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Note there are two separate IPKs for the 3.0.5 music app. Not sure what other services it might be dependent on. In previous builds, the indexer was not obviously working, or the 3.x app simply didn't work.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    I'll see if I can test a bit during the weekend. It could be the Media Indexer needs a few fixes still since it was written from scratch I said "theoretically" it should work :P
    Stability definitely seems improved. I watched two 45 minute YouTube videos today on my N4 in the browser, and the only issue was keeping the screen on. I haven't put a sim in it yet to test the messaging changes.

The file picker in the browser was good, but the font size is very small so it was hard to navigate and pick a file. Overall good progress.

I also tried installing the TP music app again and remembered an issue from last time. There is something funky about the IPK so the installer doesn't like it. I had to copy the app over before, and I didn't have time to do that today. I did copy some music over though.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    P.s. It seems that the wallpaper selector in Settings can also select audio files and it has a built in player :P
    That is too funny! Who would have thought it? You can view pictures and listen to music. You might even be able to watch videos (I haven't tried). Nope, no video!

Wallpaper Selector: the Swiss Army knife of LuneOS

Thanks for the suggestions on getting the files from the Doctor. I'll probably experiment a bit this weekend.
    Last edited by Shuswap; 01/16/2016 at 12:45 PM.
    How soon before the wallpaper selector can launch apps & display email?

Maybe rename it to WallpaperOS because, "Ultimately, everything is Wallpaper."
    Shuswap likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Maybe rename it to WallpaperOS because, "Ultimately, everything is Wallpaper."
    I wish I could like this post twice.
    I haven't had a chance to try out this new build but I'm excited to hopefully tonight on my Nexus 4. Sounds like a lot of work was accomplished this last month.

It's too bad Music Player Remix is written with Mojo. That app blows the stock music player out of the water.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    I managed to get a copy of the 3.0.5 doctor from the archived webos-internals site on archive.org. Hint: I had to try a few different dates to find a link that works. Anyways, I found one .ipk for the music player, and it installed successfully, using Herrie's instructions. The launcher icon appeared after a complete reboot.

I couldn't find the second .ipk Grabber referred to, but that's probably just because I don't know my way around well enough, and have no idea what it might be called either.

After installation and reboot, you can start the app, but it doesn't find the music on the device. The indexer must be working though, because the infamous Wallpaper Selector finds music on the device no matter where I put it. So there must be a disconnect between the Music app and the index.

One other thing, you can go through the motions of attempting to create a playlist (just to create the playlist name, not add files), but the playlist never appears after you press "create."
    If anyone's looking for a music player, I found this: MP3 Player

It plays OGG and MP3 files, and allows you to create a temporary playlist. I saved it (and the related javascript id3 tag reader file) locally for offline use and bookmarked it in the browser. It continues to play after the screen is shut off, but I haven't tested how long that it will continue to do so.

Edit: it will search directories recursively too. So if you create a Music folder and subfolders for all of the artists, just select the Music folder and it will search the subdirectories to create the playlist.

Perhaps there's a nicer browser-based audio player out there that supports more formats.

Oh, and of course you can just type file:/// into the address bar in the browser to get a file explorer, and open almost any type of multimedia file.
    Last edited by Shuswap; 01/17/2016 at 09:13 AM. Reason: more info.
    elvispre likes this.
    Oh, and of course you can just type file:/// into the address bar in the browser to get a file explorer, and open almost any type of multimedia file.
    So you can!
    Found some little bugs involving browser launcher shortcuts.

If you make a launcher shortcut from the browser, the shortcut will launch the browser, but won't open the intended page. The browser just opens as normal.

And then, if you subsequently delete the launcher shortcut that you created, doing so deletes the main browser launcher shortcut too. But if you reboot, both shortcuts return.
    There still seems to be an issue with the browser not opening after the phone has been open for a while.

One thing I will open a bug for if it's not already open, is when you make a video full screen in the browser, the address bar does not disappear, so the full screen video only fills the area below it.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I get there's no music player on LuneOS yet (unfortunately have no hardware to test it). So, maybe MPD is worth considering -- we'll get solid and tested backed with no work at all, with simple protocol to attach any frontend...
    T5, Clié NZ90, Treo 650, Centro, Pre, Pre+, Pre 2, Pre 2, Pre2, Nexus7@LuneOS
    If anyone's looking for a music player, I found this: MP3 Player

It plays OGG and MP3 files, and allows you to create a temporary playlist. I saved it (and the related javascript id3 tag reader file) locally for offline use and bookmarked it in the browser. It continues to play after the screen is shut off, but I haven't tested how long that it will continue to do so.

Edit: it will search directories recursively too. So if you create a Music folder and subfolders for all of the artists, just select the Music folder and it will search the subdirectories to create the playlist.

Perhaps there's a nicer browser-based audio player out there that supports more formats.

It seems that com.palm.app.musicplayer doesn't have access to the Media Indexer, I'll get that fixed shortly.
    Jan 18 04:55:26 qemux86 mojodb-luna[348]: [] [pmlog] DB8 DB_KIND_WARNING {"caller":"com.palm.app.musicplayer","kind":"com.palm.media.audio.genre:1"} db: permission denied for caller 'caller' on kind 'kind'
    Jan 18 04:55:26 qemux86 mojodb-luna[348]: [] [pmlog] DB8 MOJ_SERVICE_WARNING {"sender":"com.palm.app.musicplayer 1003","method":"find","payload":{"query":{"from":"com.palm.media.audio.genre:1","where":[{"op":"=","prop":"_del","val":false}]},"watch":true},"error":"db: permission denied","reqErr":-3963}
    Jan 18 04:55:26 qemux86 mojodb-luna[348]: [] [pmlog] DB8 DB_KIND_WARNING {"caller":"com.palm.app.musicplayer","kind":"com.palm.media.audio.genre:1"} db: permission denied for caller 'caller' on kind 'kind'
    Jan 18 04:55:26 qemux86 mojodb-luna[348]: [] [pmlog] DB8 MOJ_SERVICE_WARNING {"sender":"com.palm.app.musicplayer 1003","method":"find","payload":{"query":{"from":"com.palm.media.audio.genre:1","where":[{"op":"=","prop":"_del","val":true}]},"watch":true},"error":"db: permission denied","reqErr":-3963}
    Jan 18 04:55:26 qemux86 mojodb-luna[348]: [] [pmlog] DB8 DB_KIND_WARNING {"caller":"com.palm.app.musicplayer","kind":"com.palm.media.playlist.file:1"} db: permission denied for caller 'caller' on kind 'kind'
    Jan 18 04:55:26 qemux86 mojodb-luna[348]: [] [pmlog] DB8 MOJ_SERVICE_WARNING {"sender":"com.palm.app.musicplayer 1003","method":"find","payload":{"query":{"from":"com.palm.media.playlist.file:1","where":[{"op":"=","prop":"_del","val":false}]},"watch":true},"error":"db: permission denied","reqErr":-3963}
    Jan 18 04:55:26 qemux86 mojodb-luna[348]: [] [pmlog] DB8 DB_KIND_WARNING {"caller":"com.palm.app.musicplayer","kind":"com.palm.media.playlist.file:1"} db: permission denied for caller 'caller' on kind 'kind'
    Jan 18 04:55:26 qemux86 mojodb-luna[348]: [] [pmlog] DB8 MOJ_SERVICE_WARNING {"sender":"com.palm.app.musicplayer 1003","method":"find","payload":{"query":{"from":"com.palm.media.playlist.file:1","where":[{"op":"=","prop":"_del","val":true}]},"watch":true},"error":"db: permission denied","reqErr":-3963}
    Found some little bugs involving browser launcher shortcuts.

If you make a launcher shortcut from the browser, the shortcut will launch the browser, but won't open the intended page. The browser just opens as normal.

And then, if you subsequently delete the launcher shortcut that you created, doing so deletes the main browser launcher shortcut too. But if you reboot, both shortcuts return.
    I need to have a look into that
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast