Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree44Likes
    Thanks Grabber!
    Will d/l both.

However, before i saw your post, i installed latest nightly LuneOS onto cm 10.1.3 which is stable 4.2.2 based.
    Got ATT in my carrier string and called a Verizon iPhone in next room

I have a more perplexing issue around the battery. In Android, mako will only charge via puck not USB.
    when i install LuneOS even when battery was full in Android, it registers zero in luneos and only charges thru USB!

This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    On Touchpad, downloaded LuneOS the old way and installed using WOSQI (Im running 4.4 on cm11 so Im guessing the new way is closed to me).

Wow youtube in browser seems smooth, great work!

Tried to play a video on nbcnews and it seemed jerky, guessing nbc is not optimized and i dont know how the browser reports itself-- as mobile or desktop.

edit: logged into amazon video on the browser. Says it needs a later update of chromium to play prime videos. This seems promising that we could get amazon video back once the browser is updated, woot!
    Last edited by bluenote; 01/30/2016 at 10:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    The are in /usr/palm/ipkg on the 3.0.5 Doctor

Extract them, put them in a folder

Then: adb push foldername /media/internal

Then: adb shell
    cd /media/internal/
    opkg install com.palm.appname_xxxx.ipk

And that for each of the apps

P.s. It seems that the wallpaper selector in Settings can also select audio files and it has a built in player :P
    Hmm you lost me there on extract. Located webosdoctor 3.05 wifi for touchpad. When I rename extension to .zip on mac and unzip, i get 3 folders: com, meta-inf and resources. Looking inside com, I see a palm folder, and looking inside that I see nova and novacom.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Hmm you lost me there on extract. Located webosdoctor 3.05 wifi for touchpad. When I rename extension to .zip on mac and unzip, i get 3 folders: com, meta-inf and resources. Looking inside com, I see a palm folder, and looking inside that I see nova and novacom.
    In resources there's a rootfs.tar.gz that you should extract. Then there's /usr/palm structure in there
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    I had some time today and packaged the antimatter music player using Jason Robitaille's packager. The ipk is attached. I had to put it in a zip file in order to get the uploader to accept it. Warning: very beta!

It's still very rudimentary, and it has trouble with .m4a id3 tags. But it works (to an extent), and should hold some of us over until more sophisticated and refined apps arrive... Oh, and at least on the nightly I'm running, the playback starts to break up shortly after you turn off the screen.

I'm working on learning javascript/HTML5 in my spare time, and this has turned into my puzzle/test app. I can't figure out (yet) if it's possible to break up the functions that create the song database, and then to use localstorage.setItem, localstorage.getItem, etc., to make the database persistent. I'm sure it is. It's just that I don't know how to do it so far.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Shuswap; 01/30/2016 at 07:05 PM.
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Nexus 4
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Feature requests!

1. To add the underscore character to the keyboard. I've looked through all the possible areas and I can't find it. If I've just missed it, let me know.

2. Is there any way to make the back gesture work in web apps? I used the Twitter web app as a template and made myself web apps for facebook (can't test it ... need the underscore!!! lol, but it looks good), eBay (Canada -- the US mobile site seems not to work anymore), and reddit. I know that a good web app shouldn't need a back 'button' (the navigation should be in the page), but if you follow a link in reddit, you can't get back. It would be cool to be able to swipe back. Is that even possible? Maybe I'll test it on my pre3

Edit: it seems that the Pre3 opens web apps in the browser, with both the back button and the back swipe available. LuneOS seems to handle the apps differently, in an undecorated card.

Anyways, I'm very patient. I'll be here till this thing is a daily driver. So no hurry on the feature requests.
    Last edited by Shuswap; 01/31/2016 at 07:59 PM.
    Feature requests!

1. To add the underscore character to the keyboard. I've looked through all the possible areas and I can't find it. If I've just missed it, let me know.

2. Is there any way to make the back gesture work in web apps? I used the Twitter web app as a template and made myself web apps for facebook (can't test it ... need the underscore!!! lol, but it looks good), eBay (Canada -- the US mobile site seems not to work anymore), and reddit. I know that a good web app shouldn't need a back 'button' (the navigation should be in the page), but if you follow a link in reddit, you can't get back. It would be cool to be able to swipe back. Is that even possible? Maybe I'll test it on my pre3

Edit: it seems that the Pre3 opens web apps in the browser, with both the back button and the back swipe available. LuneOS seems to handle the apps differently, in an undecorated card.

Anyways, I'm very patient. I'll be here till this thing is a daily driver. So no hurry on the feature requests.
    For 1, it's next to the '" key and spacebar on the right. Normal is- when you press shift you'll get _

For 2, can you share your code so we can test it at our end?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    For 1, it's next to the '" key and spacebar on the right. Normal is- when you press shift you'll get _

For 2, can you share your code so we can test it at our end?

[edit]
    Oh wait, you mean on the phone I guess. Yeah it seems it's lacking there.... I'll have a look to see it fixed.
    [/edit]
    I wasn't able to make a call with the Jan 29 nightly. Nothing happened when I pressed the call button. I reverted back to the Jan 25 version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I wasn't able to make a call with the Jan 29 nightly. Nothing happened when I pressed the call button. I reverted back to the Jan 25 version.
    Hmmz that should work.... We've been making quite some changes in last couple of nightlies. Try the latest one Still lots of ground to be covered, but getting there.
    [edit]
    Oh wait, you mean on the phone I guess. Yeah it seems it's lacking there.... I'll have a look to see it fixed.
    [/edit]
    Yes, I will remember to specify next time. Sorry about that. I'll pm you re: the web apps.
    Hmmz that should work.... We've been making quite some changes in last couple of nightlies. Try the latest one Still lots of ground to be covered, but getting there.
    Latest nightly working. Call history looking good!
    I see a few specific bugs in the messaging app on the N4. Should I create a single issue with a list, or separate issues for tracking them separately?
    I see a few specific bugs in the messaging app on the N4. Should I create a single issue with a list, or separate issues for tracking them separately?
    You can add them to a single issue. Messaging app is still quite rough :-P

You can add them to a single issue. Messaging app is still quite rough :-P

Thanks. One I would say is minor, the others will probably be a little more work.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234