Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Issue this command via adb shell with the January 23 build to enable call audio:
    luna-send -n 1 luna://org.webosports.audio/setCallMode '{"inCall":true}'

Just speakerphone for now. Microphone seems weak too. But this is great!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Thanks Alan!
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Nexus 4
    Alan Morford likes this.
    Ya know what needs to happen next right? When I get mine set up again, we need a call to happen between two N4s running LuneOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Issue this command via adb shell with the January 23 build to enable call audio:
    luna-send -n 1 luna://org.webosports.audio/setCallMode '{"inCall":true}'

Just speakerphone for now. Microphone seems weak too. But this is great!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Did a google search and looked through the source a bit. Found something else that works (though it reports an error). After establishing a call and running the first luna-send command, run this one:

Code:
    luna-send -n 1 luna://org.webosports.audio/setCallMode '{"speakerMode":false}'
    This turns off speakerphone and routes the audio through the earpiece.

Note that the setCallMode is currenly sticky - if you make another call, you don't need to repeat it. Somewhere in down the road, either the phone app or the telephony service, a call should eventually be made to setCallMode set it to false when a call ends.
    Shuswap likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Did a google search and looked through the source a bit. Found something else that works (though it reports an error). After establishing a call and running the first luna-send command, run this one:

Code:
    luna-send -n 1 luna://org.webosports.audio/setCallMode '{"speakerMode":false}'
    This turns off speakerphone and routes the audio through the earpiece.

Note that the setCallMode is currenly sticky - if you make another call, you don't need to repeat it. Somewhere in down the road, either the phone app or the telephony service, a call should eventually be made to setCallMode set it to false when a call ends.
    This was really the first build that had something working more or less. You should check the new nightly which should sort the luna-send problem It also has some initial implementation for the history, favorites etc Don't mind the UI, that needs a good makeover still, we're first getting functionality running, then we'll care about polishing things
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Shuswap likes this.
    I believe LuneOS uses an older version of the Android kernel. Is this likely to be an issue?
    What you need to know about the CONFIG_KEYS Linux kernel vulnerability | Android Central
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I believe LuneOS uses an older version of the Android kernel. Is this likely to be an issue?
    What you need to know about the CONFIG_KEYS Linux kernel vulnerability | Android Central
    I doubt we're using CONFIG_KEYS tbh. It's something that came with Android 5.0 (non SELinux variants, I guess). Since we're on 4.2.2 still we should be OK
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Preemptive likes this.
    I got a system update notification this morning - is the update process ready for testing yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    This was really the first build that had something working more or less. You should check the new nightly which should sort the luna-send problem It also has some initial implementation for the history, favorites etc Don't mind the UI, that needs a good makeover still, we're first getting functionality running, then we'll care about polishing things
    I'll check that out! Function before form is the right approach here. Excited to see these changes!
    Seriously, you guys are killing my bandwidth

Off to get the latest nightly...
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    I got a system update notification this morning - is the update process ready for testing yet?
    Not really AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $just$ $the$ $notification$ $was$ $broken$ $before$ $and$ $fixed$ $that$ $recently$. $Update$ $process$ $needs$ $tweaking$ $still$ $but$ $it$'$s$ $in$ $progress$.

P.s. I replied to a very old bug report of yours, I think that's been solved now, can you check? Apps - Feature #743: Calendar and contacts app, account settings display on Touchpad - webOS Ports
    Dang it! Alan didn't leave LuneOS on his N4 long enough... who wants to make that first LuneOS to LuneOS phone call? PM me your phone# if it's you!
    Woah! It's really true. I just phoned my Pre3 from my Nexus 4. I answered "Hello" and set off all kinds of feedback at the other end.
    Shuswap and MudShark22 like this.
    Well I don't know if it was truly the first, but @Shuswap and I just talked to each other using our N4s running LuneOS!
    If not the first LuneOS to LuneOS call, maybe it was the first international LuneOS to LuneOS call!
    Based on what Herrie said on Twitter, I think it was indeed the first LuneOS to LuneOS call!

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    MudShark22 likes this.
    Is anyone running this on a 4.2.2 CM variant or only pure AOSP 4.2.2

If the latter, I need a flashable zip for that :-(

- T
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    It's not quite dual boot, but Alan showed me how to install the LuneOS image from TWRP, so I can simply back up each OS and restore the one I want to switch to. It means it's much easier to manage LuneOS installs without having to reinstall the recovery each time to install LuneOS. It also means I can restore LuneOS with its settings and data intact, so I only have to reconfigure and install apps when I install a new LuneOS image.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Is anyone running this on a 4.2.2 CM variant or only pure AOSP 4.2.2

If the latter, I need a flashable zip for that :-(

- T
    Alan gave me an installable zip for 4.2.2 AOSP.. I'll find the link, unless he gets here first with it. Edit - seems the link doesn't work anymore.
    I also had been doing that when using my maguro.
    Quite handy. Allows on device d/l too if I was jonesing for a fresh nightly.

Have mako now with cwm, but USB is wonky. Stays charged via puck only. lol

It's not quite dual
    boot, but Alan showed me how to install the LuneOS image from TWRP, so I can simply back up each OS and restore the one I want to switch to. It means it's much easier to manage LuneOS installs without having to reinstall the recovery each time to install LuneOS. It also means I can restore LuneOS with its settings and data intact, so I only have to reconfigure and install apps when I install a new LuneOS image.
    Here is the flashable zip for 4.2.2. You'll also need the specific modem version for LuneOS if you are running something newer.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iyzamj0g1s...igned.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q0hvqq7v4s...00.84.zip?dl=0

Based on Alan's instructions, using TWRP I did the default wipe/system reset, then installed all the zips at once. Selected 422 zip, then added modem zip, and then LuneOS image zip. Then start install and reboot when complete. If you have the 16gb N4, you should have room for an Android backup, plus the images and a LuneOS backup. Not much room left for media and large apps though.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast