Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes
    I signed up at webOS-ports for the bug tracker, but it looks like the people who post there know more about the technical workings of LuneOS than I do. I don't want to clutter the space if I can't contribute properly, but I do have a problem.

I installed the latest version, including the new kernel, on my TP4G. I know the cellular connection isn't fixed yet, but I can't get the WiFi to connect either. The WiFi in the menu says "INIT"and will not start. I'm not sure if I made an error in installation, but LuneOS seems to start up fine otherwise. Where else do I look for the proper information to post? Or did I miss a fix for this?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Hey,
    thanks for this release, but I have a problem. Preware list 6 packages in the left menu, but when I clicked on the menu entry the new panel on the right site is empty.

I have installed medici on a hp touchpad.

Can anybody help me?

Cheers Björn
    I signed up at webOS-ports for the bug tracker, but it looks like the people who post there know more about the technical workings of LuneOS than I do. I don't want to clutter the space if I can't contribute properly, but I do have a problem.

I installed the latest version, including the new kernel, on my TP4G. I know the cellular connection isn't fixed yet, but I can't get the WiFi to connect either. The WiFi in the menu says "INIT"and will not start. I'm not sure if I made an error in installation, but LuneOS seems to start up fine otherwise. Where else do I look for the proper information to post? Or did I miss a fix for this?
    Are you sure you put the latest uImage as well? I need to test it on my TP4G :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Try setting your router WiFi to N-G mixed mode, I had to do that to get WiFi working on touchpad.
    I'll poke around tomorrow evening and see if I can change the mode you're describing. I have an AC-capable router. As far as I know, it accepts everything. It's the "INIT" on the WiFi on the tablet that leads me to think I did something wrong in the installation. The cell data bars still blink in and out, so something is happening there like it did in previous builds. It's just the WiFi that's not working.

I did put in the latest uImage, but I can try to copy that over again. I really need to learn more about Linux so I can do more than parrot the directions.
    Quote Originally Posted by BjAdel View Post
    Hey,
    thanks for this release, but I have a problem. Preware list 6 packages in the left menu, but when I clicked on the menu entry the new panel on the right site is empty.

I have installed medici on a hp touchpad.

Can anybody help me?

Cheers Björn
    I had the same problem, but when I launched Preware in portrait, then everything showed up a single column.
    So I wanted a music player for LuneOS. I know Herrie is working on the MediaIndexer issue, but he has better things to do I'm sure.

I know only the most minimal things about css, html, and javascript, but with a little help from W3schools, stack exchange, jsfiddle, etc., I've rewritten antimatter15's browser-based music player using jQuery Mobile.

Most of my changes were to the html, but I made a small revision to the javascript to add .m4a support, so it now plays mp3s and m4a files. I also added all of the jQuery files to the folder so that it will work offline. It's also scaled (fonts, etc.) so that things are the right size on the LuneOS browser in it's current default configuration.

A zipped version is attached.

If you download the zip file to your computer, you can get it on your device as follows (the instructions are partly cribbed from Herrie's post above):

adb push AntiPlayer.zip /media/internal [or whatever folder you want to put it in]

Then: adb shell

cd /media/internal/ [or whatever folder you put the zip file in]

unzip AntiPlayer.zip

Then, on your device, enter the AntiPlayer folder and open the AntiPlayer.html file using the file manager. It will open in the browser. Bookmark it so that you can find it again in the browser later. Follow the instructions on the initial screen to add your music.

It's kind of an odd little playlist-based player, but it works well enough for my purposes, and I thought I'd share it.
    Last edited by Shuswap; 02/01/2016 at 08:57 AM.
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Nexus 4
    So I wanted a music player for LuneOS. I know Herrie is working on the MediaIndexer issue, but he has better things to do I'm sure.

I know only the most minimal things about css, html, and javascript, but with a little help from W3schools, stack exchange, jsfiddle, etc., I've rewritten antimatter15's browser-based music player using jQuery Mobile.

Most of my changes were to the html, but I made a small revision to the javascript to add .m4a support, so it now plays mp3s and m4a files. I also added all of the jQuery files to the folder so that it will work offline. It's also scaled (fonts, etc.) so that things are the right size on the LuneOS browser in it's current default configuration.

A zipped version is attached.

If you download the zip file to your computer, you can get it on your device as follows (the instructions are partly cribbed from Herrie's post above):

adb push AntiPlayer.zip /media/internal [or]

Then: adb shell

cd /media/internal/ [or]

unzip AntiPlayer.zip

Then, on your device, enter the AntiPlayer folder and open the AntiPlayer.html file using the file manager. It will open in the browser. Bookmark it so that you can find it again in the browser later. Follow the instructions on the initial screen to add your music.

It's kind of an odd little playlist-based player, but it works well enough for my purposes, and I thought I'd share it.
    Actually the MediaIndexer permissions have already been sorted. I haven't been able to test it yet in latest nightly though, but the permission errors were gone in my VirtualBox :-P Did the same for Photos app ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Shuswap likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post

It's great to see apps already being developed for LuneOS - especially being put together from already existing web projects.
    1. If the app is already functional, do you think it should have it's own thread? Like Lunetube?
    2. Will this run on legacy webOS? I know there is already a player there. I'm just curious.
    3. (To everybody) Is it worth having a thread for projects similar to the antimatter15 player that might be adaptable into LuneOS apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    It's great to see apps already being developed for LuneOS - especially being put together from already existing web projects.
    1. If the app is already functional, do you think it should have it's own thread? Like Lunetube?
    2. Will this run on legacy webOS? I know there is already a player there. I'm just curious.
    3. (To everybody) Is it worth having a thread for projects similar to the antimatter15 player that might be adaptable into LuneOS apps?
    It looks like the apps now run on LuneOS, however no images or music files. So I need to debug the MediaIndexer a bit more. Seems different info is stored in legacy and LuneOS.
    Hi Preemptive. Here's my take on these questions....

1. I'm a complete novice. Before I change/improve things, I have to learn what they are. Seriously, I knew some html, but absolutely no javascript before Friday. So a thread might be overkill, since I'm not really capable of altering the player (much) to suit people's needs yet. That being said, maybe the app should go on Github, so other people can contribute if they like. I may do that, and it could also be set up as a fork from the original, which is also on Github.

The other thing is, once the MediaIndexer changes are integrated into the next build of LuneOS, the player from the webOS 3.0.5 doctor is much more traditional, and most people will want to use that. The (very minor) downside of that player is that it pretty much needs to be run in landscape on the Nexus 4.

2. The player will run properly on any browser that has html5 and the ability to select directories. It does not run properly on Firefox for desktop (inability to select directories) or Chrome on the desktop (a jQuery Mobile bug in Chrome), so the chances that it will run well on the legacy webOS browser are low. But I haven't tried.

3. I don't know, but I've been wondering about converting Firefox OS apps too, so maybe a web apps thread could lead to some interesting conversations.
    Last edited by Shuswap; 01/21/2016 at 09:18 AM.
    Preemptive likes this.
    Is there any news on official support of the Raspberry Pi port?
    Is there any news on official support of the Raspberry Pi port?
    We're still working out logistics.

The way the port works currently is that it pretty much breaks our other builds where we'd need to completely rebuild images for each target (1,5 hrs each) v.s. re-using bits where we do currently (initial 1,5 hr build, then 20-30 minutes per target).

It's being looked at of being solved, however it might take a while. Most likely Qt 5.6 will bring some of the needed support out of the box, so we don't need hacky ways anymore.
    I was pretty excited to see this!

https://twitter.com/webosports/statu...08666539749376

I know that functional calling for the masses is probably a long way away, but it's nice to hear about the successes!
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post
    I was pretty excited to see this!

https://twitter.com/webosports/statu...08666539749376

I know that functional calling for the masses is probably a long way away, but it's nice to hear about the successes!
    Well it's not that far away Functional calling WORKS in the latest nightly! Both incoming and outgoing. But we need quite some polishing along the way still
    Shuswap likes this.
    I think we should be told who made this call - for the history books!
    I think we should be told who made this call - for the history books!
    Well I made the first one without UI from my N4 to Veer, just dialing and sending a luna-send command while on call (props to nizovn on the luna-send hint). Tofe did the heavy lifting and fixed up the UI and called his wife to check :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Need to reload LuneOS on my N4 so I can try this again (and pray my mic works.. Been having issues unless it's on speakerphone).
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Need to reload LuneOS on my N4 so I can try this again (and pray my mic works.. Been having issues unless it's on speakerphone).
    Post results! I'm going to update mine tomorrow night when I get home. Can't wait to finally try my SIM in it.

Edit: well, here are the results of my trial on a Nexus 4 with the latest daily build for January 23 (just for fun ... I had absolutely no expectations). I could send a text but not receive, and I could make a call but not receive, and had no sound in the earpiece and no mic. What I mean by that is that when I called, the phone at the other end would ring. But there was absolutely no sound in either direction.

Like I said, I had no expectations, and am happy to see how things are progressing!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Last edited by Shuswap; 01/23/2016 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Update.
    Issue this command via adb shell with the January 23 build to enable call audio:
    luna-send -n 1 luna://org.webosports.audio/setCallMode '{"inCall":true}'

Just speakerphone for now. Microphone seems weak too. But this is great!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast