Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By webOS Ports
  1.    #1  
    We’re very pleased to present you our latest monthly stable release, Caffè Marocchino or “Marocchino” for short. We’ve had a bit of delay in getting this release out due to some issues with our build server and issue tracker but those are now resolved. Yay!

We didn’t have a November stable release of LuneOS. We were still in the middle of the migration from QtWebKit to QtWebEngine for the rendering of Enyo 1 and Enyo 2 apps. There were a few critical bugs that we wanted to iron out first before pushing out a new release to the community.

The below information includes the changes from our November update because they’re all changes from the last stable.

The Galaxy Nexus is back. And the RaspBerry Pi 2 port will still most likely be an official target soon. We still need to work out logistics on our build server and a few other things first.

Read more...
    Holiday and vacation season coming! I gots me a spare tenderloin, my prior gnex daily driver AND a 2nd hand Mako.

Time to fire it up! X-) and revive my threads
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    looking good! Browser seems to be as stable as ever, although my Touchpad seems to be getting more sluggish. Been thinking about investing in a Mako or Gnex one of these days for testing. Hows performance on a GNex so far?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Honeycrisp View Post
    looking good! Browser seems to be as stable as ever, although my Touchpad seems to be getting more sluggish. Been thinking about investing in a Mako or Gnex one of these days for testing. Hows performance on a GNex so far?
    New release is ready, lots of bugfixes & improvements. Articles should be up any time. More to come in next couple of releases Finally closing old bugs & paving way for proper Messaging & Phone implementation in near future To be honest, the speed on both Touchpad and Maguro isn't great (acceptable but not great). On the Mako it runs a lot faster.

Once we're in a more viable daily-use state, I think you'll be seeing (un)official ports to more recent hardware.
    Last edited by Herrie; 01/13/2016 at 03:32 PM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    New release is ready, lots of bugfixes & improvements. Articles should be up any time. More to come in next couple of releases Finally closing old bugs & paving way for proper Messaging & Phone implementation in near future To be honest, the speed on both Touchpad and Maguro isn't great (acceptable but not great). On the Mako it runs a lot faster.

Once we're in a more viable daily-use state, I think you'll be seeing (un)official ports to more recent hardware.
    Yes, OF COURSE the one day I make myself time to intall LuneOS is te day the new one comes out :P

Yeah, I figured the Nexus was probably way better for performance especially with the extra RAM. I wonder though how the battery would hold up, especially given this would be a several year old device with not spectacular battery life in the first place.

Edit: Weird, apparently I did end up downloading the latest stable after all. The settings page reads "Medici"
    Last edited by Chairman Honeycrisp; 01/13/2016 at 06:14 PM.
    Yes, OF COURSE the one day I make myself time to intall LuneOS is te day the new one comes out :P

Yeah, I figured the Nexus was probably way better for performance especially with the extra RAM. I wonder though how the battery would hold up, especially given this would be a several year old device with not spectacular battery life in the first place.

Edit: Weird, apparently I did end up downloading the latest stable after all. The settings page reads "Medici"
    :-) Yeah that was updated, just waiting for someone at PivotCE to proof read the release announcement & publish it ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2