Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By MudShark22
  • 1 Post By john mcconnell
  1.    #1  
    1000th POST XTRAVAGANZA!!!

Sooooo...after 'retiring' my GNex and its thread AND finding a Nexus 4 AND promising my 1000th post would be on my first install AND successfully installed but hadn't written said 1000th post THEN....

I read the IRC logs on the commute yesterday and saw that Herrie had gotten a GNex and managed to get ADB shell...so first movement on GNex in a long while; THEN read pivotCE and saw news on commute home.

THEN I decided I would install the testing nightly before even eating dinner, and THAT would be my 1000th post.

So 30 minutes ago, I performed the following steps. Note: All webOS-ports warnings and doomy predictions apply here too as I don't always follow the prescribed methods/instructions in my quest to break things and general impatience.

D/L testing nature image through Firefox directly onto GNex. Smooth.
    On GNex, booted into CWM Recovery
    Selected backup for my Paranoid Android 3.99 install.
    …Whaaaat did I say? Yes I am running android 4.3 and have custom kernel......I'm a dangerous man lol...
    Backup stuff happens.
    Then in recovery, factory reset/wipe data
    Now, install zip...select luneOS maguro zip file...install...
    webOS-ports install goodness happens here
    reboot phone, don't fix root...and google appears...
    Impatient waiting occurs
    LuneOS logo appears.
    First use appears.
    A whole bunch of WIN and a whole bunch of thanks to Herrie.

Gotta go for now.
    Next post will be on how it runs (hint: better than on my N4)

- Thomas
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Woot

I to just got it going! Only on a toro device I took maguro zip and put it on its sister device a toro cdma phone

the cobblemonster
    elvispre likes this.
    It runs better than on the N4? I thought the N4 was a superior device to the original GNEX?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    It runs better than on the N4? I thought the N4 was a superior device to the original GNEX?
    On my N4, things were choppy....i.e. When events happen, they happen fast but there is lag between events, like speeding between stop signs.

On my GNex, there is a consistent pace to events, more flow...perhaps slow but smooth.

Now I know that my N4 is not behaving correctly because I read the irc logs, so I need to update my LuneOS build, make sure N4 is fully charged and I need to re-install LuneOS the wiki way so to speak. I have to rule out a flaky N4 as I bought it used.

Gonna reboot the GNex LuneOS and give it a whirl now.....
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    On my N4, things were choppy....i.e. When events happen, they happen fast but there is lag between events, like speeding between stop signs.

On my GNex, there is a consistent pace to events, more flow...perhaps slow but smooth.

Now I know that my N4 is not behaving correctly because I read the irc logs, so I need to update my LuneOS build, make sure N4 is fully charged and I need to re-install LuneOS the wiki way so to speak. I have to rule out a flaky N4 as I bought it used.

Gonna reboot the GNex LuneOS and give it a whirl now.....
    With me the N4 is more snappier, not surprising seeing the extra cpu, ram and different graphics chip. To be honest I was surprised how little was needed to get it working again. However these things are hard so debug without an actual device ;-) Seems that for Enyo 2 apps somehow Prelude disappeared recently (on N4 as well), so looking into what caused that now :-P

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Downloading... will be back in 30 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomauswustrow View Post
    Downloading... will be back in 30 minutes.
    To get the Nexus fixed:

https://github.com/webOS-ports/meta-...73f6d295c192d5

and

https://github.com/webOS-ports/meta-...cbe6353574e931
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Wait, it's that easy? Just install the .zip from recovery like any other custom rom? I'll give it a go then :-)

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    …Whaaaat did I say? Yes I am running android 4.3 and have custom kernel......I'm a dangerous man lol...
    I'm also running 4.3 with custom kernel, why is that dangerous?
    HP Veer Unlocked Wifi/3G 8GB - WebOS 2.1.1 & Unlocked Samsung Galaxy Nexus (maguro) - CM 10.2.1
    WebOS developers are awesome!
    Wait, it's that easy? Just install the .zip from recovery like any other custom rom? I'll give it a go then :-)

I'm also running 4.3 with custom kernel, why is that dangerous?
    We expect 4.2.2 so it could be some things don't work with 4.3 (wifi or sound for example). But worst case it won't boot and you can reflash something else :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    It´s working
    Time to play ...
    come from stock 4.3 with latest CWM and installed via sideload.
    No problems at all, Wifi is working and the UI is beautiful...
    thats what i missed since i´ve traded my pre long tima ago.