Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jason Robitaille
  • 1 Post By Jason Robitaille
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I've been lurking here for a while, and have a spare Touchpad that I've periodically installed LuneOS builds on. I appreciate the efforts of the developers...great progress! I've generally viewed the project as a hopeful curiosity, but to my perception, it's getting so I might be able to use LuneOS as my primary OS for general email and internet functionality. I'm not too knowledgeable about things, though, so I have a few questions.

I'd like to try installing a few ipk packages I backed up from my TP to see how they work. How do I transfer files onto my Touchpad so LuneOS can see them? When I plug in a USB cable and try to drop the files onto the LuneOS Touchpad, it tells me things aren't working. I don't use the cloud, so I haven't tried that. (Is there an app compatibility list someplace that one could contribute to?)

Is there a handy list of feeds that I should consider manually adding beyond the ones listed in Preware2?

Is a time coming when it will be possible to update to a newer build without having to totally clear out everything first? For instance to avoid needing to re-enter account information/favorites, re-install apps, etc.

Finally, when there are multiple browser cards open, is there a quick way of flipping between them? I'm used to flipping through them from the screen edge on LunaCE, but that doesn't seem to work.

Thanks again for the investment of time and effort. My enthusiasm is growing!
    For file transfer you can use WebOSQuickInstall 4.6.0 to install IPK's

In case that doesn't work you can use "adb push myipkname.ipk /media/internal" to push myipkname.ipk to "/media/internal/"-folder.

Legacy feed addresses can be found at: https://github.com/webos-internals/p...l/postinst#L72

The update mechanism is being reworked, but it will still require a bit of time before it's ready.

There's not really an app compatibility list. Most things I've thrown at it work Just make sure it's Enyo 1 or Enyo 2. PDK apps or Mojo apps will not work.

The card flipping is on the "to-do"-list together with some other LunaCE features.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Dang it, I totally forgot that version 4.6.0 supported LuneOS! I've been doing it the hard way still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Dang it, I totally forgot that version 4.6.0 supported LuneOS! I've been doing it the hard way still.
    Me too, because it's quicker and 4.6.0 doesn't work on all my machines for whatever reason
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Me too, because it's quicker and 4.6.0 doesn't work on all my machines for whatever reason
    I have issues with 4.6.0 on some of my machines too.
    Yes WOSQI should work. I asked for volunteers a long time ago, and debugged any reported problems they found and I found. What particular errors were you seeing? The only prerequisite was adb installed and in PATH I believe. It's also opensource so anybody can submit pull requests and fix those issues that seem to only affect some systems.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Yes WOSQI should work. I asked for volunteers a long time ago, and debugged any reported problems they found and I found. What particular errors were you seeing? The only prerequisite was adb installed and in PATH I believe. It's also opensource so anybody can submit pull requests and fix those issues that seem to only affect some systems.
    Jason, seems that ADB might not be in my path, not 100% sure, but quite sure it is. I'll double check. With 4.6.0 it seems just not to launch at all for me. No error messages, nothing. Any easy way to debug?

Run Java from command line with the WOSQI 4.6.0 JAR as parameter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Jason, seems that ADB might not be in my path, not 100% sure, but quite sure it is. I'll double check. With 4.6.0 it seems just not to launch at all for me. No error messages, nothing. Any easy way to debug?

Run Java from command line with the WOSQI 4.6.0 JAR as parameter?
    The instructions are scattered around many old threads, but essentially launch WOSQI via commandline with -log argument, then a log file will be created with any and all errors that may be occuring.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Preemptive likes this.