Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree20Likes
    Actually, I believe the IMAP and smtp email processes are open, as it's my understanding that's what's on LuneOS (the SMTP process is unstable though, and doesn't send mail..). I think the open source was based on 3.x, and I have doubts it would work on 2.x - are those toolchains still viable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Actually, I believe the IMAP and smtp email processes are open, as it's my understanding that's what's on LuneOS (the SMTP process is unstable though, and doesn't send mail..). I think the open source was based on 3.x, and I have doubts it would work on 2.x - are those toolchains still viable?
    Not sure about the toolchains, I have never looked at them. I have zero usable knowledge of how to patch the email binaries. I don't even know which libraries have the email files LOL.

By the way I did get sftp-server of the nslu2 optware packages to install. I think the nslu2 ones are easier than the webos-internals ones, because the latter have checks for webos specifics. I think the only thing that would need to be done is to change from upstart scripts to systemd files. I am afraid, I am not familiar with those either. I just got lucky that LuneOS just needed a link to the stfp-server and it was up and running.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Oops! Sorry, didn't mean to derail. I did make a thread for this, so if there's a discussion worth having on this possibility...
    >>>
    SHA256, Root Certificates, OpenSSL: Future Security
    It seems webOS support has returned to cordova (saw a retweet from Mr Robitaille)
    ::: LG Developer | Cordova API :::

I know ports has their own fork, but maybe this has some use..?
    https://github.com/apache/cordova-we...SENOTES.md#370
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    It seems webOS support has returned to cordova (saw a retweet from Mr Robitaille)
    ::: LG Developer | Cordova API :::

I know ports has their own fork, but maybe this has some use..?
    https://github.com/apache/cordova-we...SENOTES.md#370
    With the current state of Open webOS (i.e. not being Open or actively updates), I have my doubts to what extend this would be useful for LuneOS. Anyway with a lot of the HTML5 API's that were included in the specs you don't need Cordova anymore nowadays. It's still a nice way to develop once, deploy "everywhere" though.

I doubt we'll actually use it currently though.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123