Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By Chairman Honeycrisp
  • 2 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 1 Post By Chairman Honeycrisp
  • 2 Post By davodego
  • 3 Post By normsland
  1.    #1  
    EDIT: Thanks for bearing with me, guys. I'm finally able to get my instructions post through.

Here's a script for updating LuneOS.

You need Xecutah (or command line access), an existing LuneOS installation (technically if you have a sufficiently-sized luneos-root partition that mounts to /media/luneos-root and if Moboot will be able to see LuneOS on boot you should be good to go) and at least 300-400 MB on your webOS partition.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1.) Download the file from the Dropbox link below. Make sure you get the right version! (EDIT: Read this post if you're having trouble properly downloading the file)
    2.) Navigate to the directory where your file downloaded (/media/internal/downloads is a good place to look if you used your Touchpad browser).
    3.) Type "chmod 755 <filename of script>".
    4.) Enter "sh <file name of script>"
    5.) Follow the instructions.

VERSIONS:

v 0.1.1 (09/06/2015)
    -Apparently I didn't apply the fix from 0.1 to the Stable update script. Whoops!

v 0.1
    -Fixed script possibly not deleting old kernel before installing new one. This potentially caused a file "uImage.LuneOS?" appear in /boot, creating unwanted entry in moboot.

v 0.0
    -First version.

Let me know if this works! Link is here (Updated the link, now you shouldn't need to log in, close the login dialog if you get one):
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gnwqw4v1z...-qvOJlEta?dl=0
    Last edited by Chairman Honeycrisp; 09/10/2015 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Updated Script
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Thanks for creating this, it will be useful for sure.

One thing that I ran into recently was that I updated both Android and LuneOS on my triple boot touchpad and there wasn't enough room on the boot partition for all the uImages. I ended up moving the clockworkmod uImage out and will move it back if I need to use it as I couldn't find instructions to resize the boot partition (with 5 minutes searching).

It might be a good idea if the script checks the boot partition free space before the update happens (if it doesn't already) to make sure that after removing the existing uImage there will be enough space for the new one.

Keep up the good work.

Ben
  3.    #3  
    Sorry guys, my webOSNation account seems to be glitching. I accidentally deleted my post content and now the forum blocks me when I try to edit it. I'm suspecting it's because it's a long post and all that spam we had not too long ago. Anyways, the content of my original post is attached. Use the dropbox link above, not the attached file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Sorry guys, my webOSNation account seems to be glitching. I accidentally deleted my post content and now the forum blocks me when I try to edit it. I'm suspecting it's because it's a long post and all that spam we had not too long ago. Anyways, the content of my original post is attached. Use the dropbox link above, not the attached File.
    Thanks for the script, great idea.
    Dorpbox ask me for Login. I have no dropbox accout and I dont want one. How can I get the script without dropbox account?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Daniel from Kranichfeld, Thüringen, Germay, Old Europe
    The Dropbox link in the text file attached to post 3 works. Select 'download' and 'No thanks, continue to download' when you're offered the create account option.

I assume the script needs it's file type suffix changed (Grabber's Google script ends in ".sh"), but maybe the chmod thing is enough.
    Linux doesn't care about the name, unlike windows. I name them .sh so it's obvious what they are.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by davodego View Post
    Thanks for the script, great idea.
    Dorpbox ask me for Login. I have no dropbox accout and I dont want one. How can I get the script without dropbox account?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I have updated the link, it also wasn't working for me on my iPad and phone for some reason. Does that work now? A login prompt will pop up, but there is a close button that allows you to bypass login and access files.
    Last edited by Chairman Honeycrisp; 09/06/2015 at 12:55 AM.
    Preemptive likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Honeycrisp View Post
    EDIT: Thanks for bearing with me, guys. I'm finally able to get my instructions post through.

Here's a script for updating LuneOS.

You need Xecutah (or command line access), an existing LuneOS installation (technically if you have a sufficiently-sized luneos-root partition that mounts to /media/luneos-root you should be good to go) and at least 300-400 MB on your webOS partition.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1.) Download the file from the Dropbox link below. Make sure you get the right version!
    2.) Navigate to the directory where your file downloaded (/media/internal/downloads is a good place to look if you used your Touchpad browser).
    3.) Type "chmod 755 <filename of script>".
    4.) Enter "sh <file name of script>"
    5.) Follow the instructions.

VERSIONS:

v 0.1.1 (09/06/2015)
    -Apparently I didn't apply the fix from 0.1 to the Stable update script. Whoops!

v 0.1
    -Fixed script possibly not deleting old kernel before installing new one. This potentially caused a file "uImage.LuneOS?" appear in /boot, creating unwanted entry in moboot.

v 0.0
    -First version.

Let me know if this works! Link is here (Updated the link, now you shouldn't need to log in, close the login dialog if you get one):
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gnwqw4v1z...-qvOJlEta?dl=0
    It worked!
    Tested with the LuneOS September Stable release, and wTerm app.
    First try the script dont want to run, because I forget the "sh" before the filename.
    But then...boom ... and the new stable of LuneOS is on my TP. Thanks, this helps very much.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Daniel from Kranichfeld, Thüringen, Germay, Old Europe
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by davodego View Post
    It worked!
    Tested with the LuneOS September Stable release, and wTerm app.
    First try the script dont want to run, because I forget the "sh" before the filename.
    But then...boom ... and the new stable of LuneOS is on my TP. Thanks, this helps very much.
    That's great to hear! I can also confirm that the script works with the latest Olla stable for me, I used XTerm on the Touchpad, so it was a 100% OTA update. I had some problems downloading the script though, here's what I had to do:

1.) Select to view the file on Dropbox. I did this using ISIS Browser, which seemed to work better for some reason.

2.) Click the "Download" drop-down, and then "Direct download". A login prompt will appear, but at the bottom there is the option "No thanks, continue to download." You want to hold this link, and click "Download Link".

3.) A file with a jumbled alphanumeric name will appear in your Downloads. That's your man. Click to view it to make sure it actually is a script and not a webpage, then rename it (You don't have to, but it will make it much easier to identify from the command line).
    Last edited by Chairman Honeycrisp; 09/10/2015 at 07:03 PM.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Thanks Chairman Honeycrisp! Followed the instructions and my triple booted Touchpad has the latest September Olla release without any hassle. Makes updating LuneOS really easy ☺

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk