Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1.    #1  
    Over summer things always slow down a bit which is why we didn’t have a release last month. It’s about quality and because we basically had too many loose ends that needed fixing before we could push out a release we held off until this month. We’re very pleased to present you our latest monthly stable release, Caffè Crema or “Crema” for short.

Read more...
    Downloading right now, but just one thing: The link appears to go to Cubano builds instead of Crema. You can navigate the site (Hit ".." twice to the /releases) to get to crema, but here's the link for now:

Index of /releases/crema/images/
    Last edited by Chairman Honeycrisp; 08/17/2015 at 11:09 AM.
    Downloading right now, but just one thing: The link appears to go to Cubano builds instead of Crema. You can navigate the site (Hit ".." twice to the /releases) to get to crema, but here's the link for now:

Index of /releases/crema/images/
    Well spotted, fixed that now :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Well spotted, fixed that now :-)

Herrie, phone calls on Nexus 4 now are working ?

i want buy a Nexus 4 to run LuneOS
    - HP Veer --
    installed on touchpad.

really coming along, forgot why webos was so great but webos ports really preserved the clean lines, the minimal aspect etc.

wifi works

feels pretty smooth pulling up launcher pages, good work.

loaded up nytimes on browser, after initial slow load, was fast on subsequent pages, good work.

downloaded a few apps from preware, great work.

after loading browser once and closing the card, can no longer load browser

there are two battery indicators, one at top in usual place with correct info, one at the bottom with incorrect info.

also not sure why there is a white line at bottom of screen.
    Herrie, phone calls on Nexus 4 now are working ?

i want buy a Nexus 4 to run LuneOS
    Still not but it's being worked on. Making calls is quite complicated technically because you have to take care of audio routing of things that are playing, what's need pausing etc. So altogether not that easy to implement. But we're getting closer each release. Just the main dev working on it changed jobs, got married so had less time recentlty. He'll have more going forward hopefully ;-)

HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    installed on touchpad.

really coming along, forgot why webos was so great but webos ports really preserved the clean lines, the minimal aspect etc.

wifi works

feels pretty smooth pulling up launcher pages, good work.

loaded up nytimes on browser, after initial slow load, was fast on subsequent pages, good work.

downloaded a few apps from preware, great work.

after loading browser once and closing the card, can no longer load browser

there are two battery indicators, one at top in usual place with correct info, one at the bottom with incorrect info.

also not sure why there is a white line at bottom of screen.
    There's still a few bugs that need ironing out in the card handling. Occassionally you can see a luna-next restart for example. We haven't been able to trace the exact cause for this yet, but it's being looked into. The battery indicator (on the bottom) is a bit buggy. I'll look into that shortly, it works OK when connected via USB to PC but not on charger/Touchstone it seems. It's probably gonna be an easy fix, just need to find time ;-)

Which white line you mean? The gesture area or something else?

You can theoretically add legacy feeds and install Enyo apps from there :-)

The Luna-Next restarts seem to happen (at least on the HP Touchpad) when closing the Browser. Closing one tab seems to be fine, but when working with multiple browser cards, the restart occurs. However, it never seems to actually restart until the last instance of Browser is exited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Honeycrisp View Post
    The Luna-Next restarts seem to happen (at least on the HP Touchpad) when closing the Browser. Closing one tab seems to be fine, but when working with multiple browser cards, the restart occurs. However, it never seems to actually restart until the last instance of Browser is exited.
    Yeah we know how to replicate, just didn't find the cause yet
    What - there are browser tabs?! LOL I guess the last nightly I installed wasn't from the same source tree, because there are no tabs in the browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    What - there are browser tabs?! LOL I guess the last nightly I installed wasn't from the same source tree, because there are no tabs in the browser.
    Well multiple cards Not really tabs... In webOS tradition, tabs wouldn't fit in Cards make more sense Just press the +

[edit]
    I've edited the article so it reads cards
    [/edit]
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    ...also not sure why there is a white line at bottom of screen.
    In this review of the previous release, you can see a picture with a short white line below the launcher icons. This is the gesture area from the phones. If you've only used a Touchpad, it will be unfamiliar.

Here is a video from Precentral / webOS Nation:

The gesture tutorial starts at 2:45
    Last edited by Preemptive; 08/17/2015 at 03:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Well multiple cards Not really tabs... In webOS tradition, tabs wouldn't fit in Cards make more sense Just press the +

[edit]
    I've edited the article so it reads cards
    [/edit]

Ah, okay, that I did see.
    It seems even snappier than June! Getting better all the time.

Out of curiosity, has any of the devs had any feedback from HP regarding their progress from the original OpenWebOS release?

It's amazing how far you guys have come with such limited resources.
    It seems even snappier than June! Getting better all the time.

Out of curiosity, has any of the devs had any feedback from HP regarding their progress from the original OpenWebOS release?

It's amazing how far you guys have come with such limited resources.
    Nothing from HP. I believe that webOS is dead for HP. LG is in hiding mode, seems they don't have a proper open source strategy. They haven't updated the Open webOS github for nearly a year :'( So we're pretty much on our own. Not a real big problem, but it would have been good if we could at least piggyback on their bugfixes for system components etc.

Sidetrack: I how far would they still comply with GPL, if they do not update at all?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    @Horzel: I don't think it's GPL it's maybe some license where they don't have to publish.. MIT?

Maybe slightly OT: Is this a good learning tool for all this repository stuff?
    Learn Git Branching
    Out of curiosity, are there still plans to support LunaCE features? Perhaps further down the line when more core features are implemented?
    Sidetrack: I how far would they still comply with GPL, if they do not update at all?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using [i]Forums
    Most things released in Open webOS are Apache 2.0 if I'm correct. I'm no expert in the licenses and to what extend LG might be in breach?

Out of curiosity, are there still plans to support LunaCE features? Perhaps further down the line when more core features are implemented?
    They are on a to-do list. Just other things have priority. Any features you're looking for specifically? Some might be challenging to make in QML, but QT keeps improving with each release as well, so who knows :-)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast