Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    They are on a to-do list. Just other things have priority. Any features you're looking for specifically? Some might be challenging to make in QML, but QT keeps improving with each release as well, so who knows :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    It has to be the side swipe gesture That for me was my favourite feature of LunaCE. Also I guess being able to select not just the card on the middle of the screen, but that's probably a given.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Honeycrisp View Post
    It has to be the side swipe gesture That for me was my favourite feature of LunaCE. Also I guess being able to select not just the card on the middle of the screen, but that's probably a given.
    On the 2nd one you mean that when you have multiple card groups and you select the one on the left/right it will put that one in center? I believe that isn't too hard to accomplish actually.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    On the 2nd one you mean that when you have multiple card groups and you select the one on the left/right it will put that one in center? I believe that isn't too hard to accomplish actually.
    Sort of, except instead of just putting it in the center it would maximize the app, if that's the term for it. And yeah, I suppose it wouldn't be too hard. I'm surprised it wasn't available on stock webOS in the first place.
    There's still a few bugs that need ironing out in the card handling. Occassionally you can see a luna-next restart for example. We haven't been able to trace the exact cause for this yet, but it's being looked into. The battery indicator (on the bottom) is a bit buggy. I'll look into that shortly, it works OK when connected via USB to PC but not on charger/Touchstone it seems. It's probably gonna be an easy fix, just need to find time ;-)

Which white line you mean? The gesture area or something else?

You can theoretically add legacy feeds and install Enyo apps from there :-)

The battery indicator stuff should be fixed now. Seemed it was not working properly when connected to a wall charger. That should now be sorted in latest nightly
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Sort of, except instead of just putting it in the center it would maximize the app, if that's the term for it. And yeah, I suppose it wouldn't be too hard. I'm surprised it wasn't available on stock webOS in the first place.
    That one is fairly easy to do (actually disabling 2 lines of current code would allow you to maximize the side cards), however it would first move them to center as small cards and then maximize. Just maximize and move to center directly. One of the devs will be looking into this once he has figured out the browser luna-next restarts
    Preemptive likes this.
    I'm wondering about a help app.

My webOS help app was briefly working with a HOSTS file fix, but is now broken.

Sumy has downloaded and replicated the online files at http://help.palm.si/

I made another HOSTS file fix to point at this new site, but it doesn't work. It maybe that back-end processing (e.g. device/locale detection - cgi.bin?) is lost, but I had a look at the index.json file and saw that there are references to help.palm.com, so these are just the raw, unaltered files pointing at the now dead servers.

So...

Doing a search / replace across these files to switch "help.palm.com" to "help.palm.si" might make it work on legacy, but even if it doesn't, there is a store of help files and videos available for LuneOS. If changing URL references in the files isn't a total fix, implementing a locale/device type index on device should be fairly simple and enable at least a basic on-device help app (perhaps the original code was released?) without having to write new documentation / make videos.

Of course, LuneOS will have new features and there might be some device differences beyond VKBs, but it would be easier to add these than start from scatch.

When many OSS projects fall down on documentation & support, this could be an easy win for LuneOS and a professional-looking guide to the basics. You could even launch the help app from the first-use app.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 08/25/2015 at 07:51 AM.
    Not sure what kind of license these files hold ?

Me neither, but they were free to download & are now on a third party site, so I'd guess they are in a similar situation to the doctors hosted in the Internet Archive.

In both cases I suppose HP could ask for them to be taken down.
    Me neither, but they were free to download & are now on a third party site, so I'd guess they are in a similar situation to the doctors hosted in the Internet Archive.

In both cases I suppose HP could ask for them to be taken down.
    That's not something we'd be willing to include in our images.

That wasn't what I was suggesting - they are basically remote web pages accessed by an app - the legacy help app wouldn't fail if they were part of the OS.

But it's fair enough. I understand you might want to avoid linking to anything that could be problematic and of course, though very similar, LuneOS will not be exactly like Legacy webOS.

Perhaps these salvaged files may at least serve as a model for a future help system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    That wasn't what I was suggesting - they are basically remote web pages accessed by an app - the legacy help app wouldn't fail if they were part of the OS.

But it's fair enough. I understand you might want to avoid linking to anything that could be problematic and of course, though very similar, LuneOS will not be exactly like Legacy webOS.

Perhaps these salvaged files may at least serve as a model for a future help system.
    That can be done of course
    I never understood why - in webOS 1.4.5 - you could swipe away a card that wasn't centered, while in later versions this option (that was actually useful at times) was removed. I suppose this is something that could also be brought back to life quite easily...possibly with similar (or the same) two lines of code.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    installed on touchpad.

really coming along, forgot why webos was so great but webos ports really preserved the clean lines, the minimal aspect etc.

wifi works

feels pretty smooth pulling up launcher pages, good work.

loaded up nytimes on browser, after initial slow load, was fast on subsequent pages, good work.

downloaded a few apps from preware, great work.

after loading browser once and closing the card, can no longer load browser

there are two battery indicators, one at top in usual place with correct info, one at the bottom with incorrect info.

also not sure why there is a white line at bottom of screen.
    The closing of multiple browser cards causing a luna-next-cardshell restart has been addressed now in the latest nightly
    The closing of multiple browser cards causing a luna-next-cardshell restart has been addressed now in the latest nightly

Awesome news!

EDIT: Currently posting from the latest nightly, and wow is the browser so mch more stable. Can confirm that tththe crash appears to have been fixed. A couple things though:

What is that LuneOS icon that randomly appears upon exiting cards? It`s been there for as long as I can remeemmber but I wonder why.

Also, when resizing the keyboard, i think it would be handy if you were allowed to hold the keyboard minimize button, slide to the desired size, and then release finger to trigger the change. What seems to be happening right now is that you only trigger the button you hover your finger on, so if I just hold on the keyboard minimize button, the keyboard size option will pop up, but if I release my finger right then and there, the whole keyboard minimizes.

EDIT #2: One last thing. I notice a lot that the power button will not always trigger the power off menu. Can you add another power menu to the drop down menu on the top right? (The one that pops up when you press the battery indicator). It would probably help reduce the number of times we have to force restart.
    Last edited by Chairman Honeycrisp; 08/26/2015 at 02:01 PM.
    Click to view quoted image

Awesome news!

EDIT: Currently posting from the latest nightly, and wow is the browser so mch more stable. Can confirm that tththe crash appears to have been fixed. A couple things though:

What is that LuneOS icon that randomly appears upon exiting cards? It`s been there for as long as I can remeemmber but I wonder why.

Also, when resizing the keyboard, i think it would be handy if you were allowed to hold the keyboard minimize button, slide to the desired size, and then release finger to trigger the change. What seems to be happening right now is that you only trigger the button you hover your finger on, so if I just hold on the keyboard minimize button, the keyboard size option will pop up, but if I release my finger right then and there, the whole keyboard minimizes.

EDIT #2: One last thing. I notice a lot that the power button will not always trigger the power off menu. Can you add another power menu to the drop down menu on the top right? (The one that pops up when you press the battery indicator). It would probably help reduce the number of times we have to force restart.
    We actually broke the banners/popups completely it seems. This will be fixed in a next nightly. It not appearing altogether randomly + the LuneOS logo is being looked into as well

With regards to the keyboard I'll have a look to see what you mean
    We actually broke the banners/popups completely it seems. This will be fixed in a next nightly. It not appearing altogether randomly + the LuneOS logo is being looked into as well

With regards to the keyboard I'll have a look to see what you mean
    By golly, you're right! That being said though, it didn't always work in Cubano and Crema as well, although of course not working at all is a completely different thing. Notifications seem to work on this build though, if that is what you meant by banners and popups.
    By golly, you're right! That being said though, it didn't always work in Cubano and Crema as well, although of course not working at all is a completely different thing. Notifications seem to work on this build though, if that is what you meant by banners and popups.
    We also found out that our banner implementation was flawed (they would never disappear by themselves while they should). That's being addressed currently as well. Afterwards we'll trigger some new nightly builds :-)

Are the devs aware that popup lists/list selectors, dropdown lists in browser are broken? You can't tap any of the selections, and they aren't rendering right. (I am not on the latest nightly, it's the last stable)
    Are the devs aware that popup lists/list selectors, dropdown lists in browser are broken? You can't tap any of the selections, and they aren't rendering right. (I am not on the latest nightly, it's the last stable)
    It's some of the new HTML 5 types we need to develop further I think. You have a sample URL to work with?

It's some of the new HTML 5 types we need to develop further I think. You have a sample URL to work with?

They used to work I think - drop downs at least. An example is the style chooser at the bottom left corner of the forums on the desktop site. (these are from BB10)
    uploadfromtaptalk1440675965418.pnguploadfromtaptalk1440675988071.png.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast