Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I really don't care for the hub very much, because if you don't turn off 'show in the hub' there is way too much stuff combined in one view. I would definitely prefer a separate email app.
    The hub is an insane jumble of everything if you leave it as is. I turned off 'show in the hub' for everything and used an app called "shortcuts creator" to make homescreen shortcuts to my email accounts.
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Nexus 4
    Preemptive likes this.
    Bad news, but not unexpected, I'm afraid...
    BlackBerry's President of Devices on the Priv, Android, security and keyboards | Android Central
    Michaluk: With a name like Priv, the primary messaging around this phone is about privacy and security. But what about the Android enthusiasts? Can the bootloader be unlocked? Any other consideration for the huge community of Android tinkerers?

Louks: It cannot be unlocked. As John Chen has said several times, we would not bring Android to a BlackBerry device unless we could do it securely. With Priv by BlackBerry, our goal is to ensure that users are safe and secured knowing that the phone cannot be tampered with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I was about to post that :P

I wonder what sort of technology they use to lock the bootloader. On the other hand, I think it will make the Priv a sitting duck for ambitious hackers, kinda like the Blackphone last year, which is also one of those security-centered phones if I'm not mistaken.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I dont know if it was mentioned before but the new swipe up from the bottom to access three different preconfigurable functions works nearly identical to the wave launcher of webos.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJoe2 View Post
    I dont know if it was mentioned before but the new swipe up from the bottom to access three different preconfigurable functions works nearly identical to the wave launcher of webos.
    fyi: a configurable upswipe gesture is available in the Go Launcher if you'd like to add it to an android device. in fact, you can make many gestures, like straight up, up and to the left, or up and to the right. Also, some other gestures, like an S.

they keep stealing everything from webOS except the FIT IN MY HAND AND POCKET NICELY part.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJoe2 View Post
    I think the game for BB10 is over.

If the Priv is a success BB will stay on Android forever.

If the Priv is a failure BB will pull out of Hardware anyway.

And if it goes the first way BB might turn into a modding company - taking standard Android phones from Samsung or HTC and giving them the corporate / secure BB finish.

That's it. And that is not all too bad, If one would not know what BB (RIM) once was.

So I guess I have to add one to my collection (http://forums.webosnation.com/other-...00-i-just.html).

Question is, should it be the Passport or Classic? The classic is the chronological last BB10 but the Passport obviously the more interesting one (Although then I think about it, there is the Passport SE).
    I just wish I could have gotten the Classic. The Q10 I have is a nice phone, but the last one Sprint carried. I'm stuck on a Sprint family plan and my family bleeds green (Android) so they're not switching. Sorry, I'm not interested in anything Android.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    There might be a chance, especially if Blackberry decides to release a cheaper, more consumer-oriented product that wouldn't rely too much on security.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Honeycrisp View Post
    There might be a chance, especially if Blackberry decides to release a cheaper, more consumer-oriented product that wouldn't rely too much on security.
    Sceptical...

Blackberry's play seems to be, "Android, but secure! (& with a H/W keyboard)"

An unlocked bootloader makes it a bit insecure, though of course, you have to have the phone in your hand to get into it. I suppose if there is an unlock user code at boot loader level, that might be a thing, but I don't even know if that's possible.

I think that BB should put out the Priv & Vienna as hardware with options:
    • With BB10. (for the fans)
    • With Hardened Android. (for the wider market)
    • With unlocked bootloader. (for everybody else - but there's no percentage in this...)
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    I'm hoping it's a success for the possibility of competing products copying it.

Less-premium alternatives that are built similarly but run standard android.

Rebirth of the portrait slider!! Give us some options!
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12