Like Tree21Likes
    Need a release checklist?

Checklists are great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Need a release checklist?

Checklists are great!
    We have Pre and Post Release To Do - WebOS-Ports

Just it wasn't clear who was doing what, it is now
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    So earlier this week I made the mistake of eagerly updating to the latest build when I was a wee bit tired and accidentally deleted my uImage file ending up with the palm.com/ROM error.

I did not think I needed to Doctor such a silly mistake - and with the servers gone did not want to have to reinstall all of my apps - so I fixed it by pulling the uImage file from another TP and running it from a command prompt as if needing to rebuild the partition table and up it came!

I figured writing something up as I could not find anything through a search but I wanted to make sure I wasn't reinventing the wheel and I just missed it.

BTW the new keyboard is SOOO much better. THANKS A MILLION!

And we have sound!
    Last edited by joeytino; 06/12/2015 at 03:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post
    So earlier this week I made the mistake of eagerly updating to the latest build when I was a wee bit tired and accidentally deleted my uImage file ending up with the palm.com/ROM error.

I did not think I needed to Doctor such a silly mistake - and with the servers gone did not want to have to reinstall all of my apps - so I fixed it by pulling the uImage file from another TP and running it from a command prompt as if needing to rebuild the partition table and up it came!

I figured writing something up as I could not find anything through a search but I wanted to make sure I wasn't reinventing the wheel and I just missed it.

BTW the new keyboard is SOOO much better. THANKS A MILLION!

And we have sound!
    Yeah just pushing the uImage in that case through Novacom should work!

The new keyboard is something we worked hard on and I'm pretty happy with the results It's pretty much pixel perfect with legacy Touchpad I did most of that actually, one of our other devs did a lot of the back-end stuff that was way over my head Expect more languages and some more improvements in the next release
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    MartinH@webos, Misj' and virox like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post

The new keyboard is something we worked hard on and I'm pretty happy with the results It's pretty much pixel perfect with legacy Touchpad I did most of that actually, one of our other devs did a lot of the back-end stuff that was way over my head Expect more languages and some more improvements in the next release
    Oh, that's great to hear. I did the exact same mistake on an earlier build of LuneOS and had to doctor, which bummed me out because on top of the webOS apps I needed to replace there was also the Android I had sideloaded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Honeycrisp View Post
    Oh, that's great to hear. I did the exact same mistake on an earlier build of LuneOS and had to doctor, which bummed me out because on top of the webOS apps I needed to replace there was also the Android I had sideloaded.
    Since I could not find this anywhere and it sure beats having to Doctor and reinstall everytihng as you found out, I will try and write the process up over the weekend.

This is the way EVERY tablet should have their keyboard laid out. Once again, WebOS lead the way.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post
    Since I could not find this anywhere and it sure beats having to Doctor and reinstall everytihng as you found out, I will try and write the process up over the weekend.
    Here it is. Please take a look at it and let me know of any mistakes I'm sure to have made. Thanks

How to recover your Touchpad from a missing or corrupted uImage file
    Okay, so that whole thing around the keyboard causing a Luna restart appears to have disappeared, which jsjsjs $great$. $However$, $there$ $is$ $something$ $else$ $which$ $I$ $have$ $wanted$ $to$ $ask$ $about$ $for$ $a$ $while$: $oftentimes$ $after$ $swiping$ $up$ $a$ $card$ ($to$ $close$ $an$ $app$) $half$ $the$ $LuneOS$ $logo$ $will$ $appear$ $on$ $the$ $bottom$ $of$ $the$ $screen$. $Been$ $getting$ $this$ $for$ $the$ $last$ $few$ $builds$ $if$ $I$ $remember$ $correctly$.
    Okay, so that whole thing around the keyboard causing a Luna restart appears to have disappeared, which jsjsjs $great$. $However$, $there$ $is$ $something$ $else$ $which$ $I$ $have$ $wanted$ $to$ $ask$ $about$ $for$ $a$ $while$: $oftentimes$ $after$ $swiping$ $up$ $a$ $card$ ($to$ $close$ $an$ $app$) $half$ $the$ $LuneOS$ $logo$ $will$ $appear$ $on$ $the$ $bottom$ $of$ $the$ $screen$. $Been$ $getting$ $this$ $for$ $the$ $last$ $few$ $builds$ $if$ $I$ $remember$ $correctly$.
    We have another serious issue causing random luna restarts currently (segfaults), seems to be after QT update from 5.4.0 to 5.4.1. We have a 5.4.2 update in the pipeline too which might solve it. However it's quite annoying currently. I noticed the logo issue too, however I have no way to consistently replicate it, so the devs cannot troubleshoot it either. So in case you have steps to replicate that would be great!

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    We have another serious issue causing random luna restarts currently (segfaults), seems to be after QT update from 5.4.0 to 5.4.1. We have a 5.4.2 update in the pipeline too which might solve it. However it's quite annoying currently. I noticed the logo issue too, however I have no way to consistently replicate it, so the devs cannot troubleshoot it either. So in case you have steps to replicate that would be great!

I was about to add that, but I got sidetracked. This seems to do it for me:

• Open Browser (from dock)
      Press "New Tab"
      Swipe up twice to minimize and close this tab. Most of the time the logo seems to show up, although there was at least one time when it didn't.
      Close the other Tab. A Luna reboot will occur.
    Preemptive likes this.
    Just coming back to install the latest build (I believe the last one I got was April or May). Should I grab this one or is there another one coming down the pike in early August?
    Just coming back to install the latest build (I believe the last one I got was April or May). Should I grab this one or is there another one coming down the pike in early August?
    We expect to push an image early August. Just adding a few last more improvements and fixing a few bugs :-)

MartinH@webos likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by webOS Ports View Post
    Added a trackball like in LunaCE.
    Hello, webOS Ports, do you know how I can get the virtual trackball on a keyboard?
    I'm keen on trying LuneOS again and I still have my Touchpad on which I've an older build of LuneOS early last year. But as I still miss webOS on a phone (I've moved from a Pre 3 to a BB Passport in 2015), I want to give LuneOS a spin on a phone as well. I see that the Nexus 5 is supported. So my question is: does that mean I need to get a Nexus 5 second-hand or is the newer Nexus 5X also supported (just asking 'cause it's basically also a 5, just with some improvements)? Also, does mobile hotspot work yet?
    Only the regular 5! No 5x currently.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Only the regular 5! No 5x currently.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Thanks, Herrie! Could you also answer my second question, regarding the mobile hotspot feature (only *if* you know the answer, ofc )
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12