Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1.    #1  
    No April Fools jokes here folks. Just a fresh cup of the April LuneOS stable build, Café au lait or “au lait” for short. Lots of changes this month. There better be since we didn’t produce a changelog for last month’s nightlies-only releases, amirite? Hopefully we haven’t disappointed you.

Grab your Nexus 4 or HP TouchPad (or emulator) and load up our latest builds!

Changelog

Added contact-lib for common functionality when working with contacts in LuneOS
    Added initial support for sensor mananagement
    QML Apps: Switch to Lune.Service module for LunaService component
    Added initial support for LED
    Added initial support for Bluetooth on Nexus 4 (back-end only for now)
    Calculator app: Minor improvements
    File Manager: Update to Enyo 2.5.1.1
    Ported voicecall from Nemo to use in LuneOS
    Cleaned up webos-lib to remove duplication with enyo-webos
    Fix media indexer to store file name without extension
    Add alert service method to display manager
    Added telephony-lib for shared telephony functionality
    Update C+Dav to 0.3.25
    Improved audio service
    Calendar app: Enyo 2 version has had some work, no back-end implementation yet
    Add support for phone app launching from first use (support for PIN window)
    Phone app: Work ongoing for making initial audio call support work
    luna-systemui: Fix restart options, charging status and battery notification handling
    FirstUse: Improved timezone layout and ability to show network passphrase
    Fixed orientation of keyboard window mask
    Add support for QT Quick Controls for QML applications
    Added luneos-components to support styling of QML components being used in apps
    Contacts app: Added support for contact editing & updating associated contacts
    Messaging app: Various minor fixes
    Testr: Added new icon
    webos-telephonyd: Fixed compiler warnings & cleaned up WAN enabling code
    Settings app: Fixed the toggle handling for Telephony
    Luna-Next: Added proper handling for orientation (no full orientation support available yet)
    Luna-Next Cardshell: Added support for PIN windows, ability to exit DockMode with gesture bar, layout improvement to system menu and status bar, fixed icon scaling

Read the release https://pivotce.com/2015/04/13/luneo...-cafe-au-lait/
    Last edited by Herrie; 04/13/2015 at 09:03 AM.
    Sounds great! Will check it out
    Saw some references to maguro / grouper in the logs.

While not ready obviously; has there been progress on these builds (i.e. bootable?)

Enquiring minds want to know, especially as I have both devices
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Not yet. A couple folks have talked about trying to get the N7 back but it's not a focus or priority.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Does the update through the system settings work yet? I don't think I've heard anyone say it did, but when I checked for an update there was one and it downloaded (947 packages out of 936) and rebooted but didn't update. No problem I just used the usual method then.

One thing that I noticed in this build (33) and was also in the build before last (31, I didn't get around to installing 32 if there was one) is that the screen on the HP Touchpad will dim and then go black as if it were not being used even if you are using it.

I remember this issue being around when the first touchpad builds became available and then it got fixed, but it seems to be back.

Ben
    Looking good on my new N4! I thought for a minute that Communities was going to work, as the home screen comes up with the bundled forums, but the forum cards open blank. Didn't notice anything obvious in the logs yet. Sending and receiving text messages just because I can.
    Saijin_Naib likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Looking good on my new N4! I thought for a minute that Communities was going to work, as the home screen comes up with the bundled forums, but the forum cards open blank. Didn't notice anything obvious in the logs yet. Sending and receiving text messages just because I can.
    We're working on some more improvements so you can also send SMS to a typed number (you can currently only reply or send to contacts).

Communities DOES work, however only in landscape orientation (seems the app has a tablet & phone mode, but the phone mode was NEVER properly finished). I was able to run it on my TP and import the forums using your script . Once we get orientation fully working it MIGHT work on N4 too.

There is some beta orientation stuff I can share with you if you want, just PM or Skype me
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Saijin_Naib, Rnp and Grabber5.0 like this.
    Wow, the fact that you guys have it to the point where SMS works is really impressive.

Has the team looked into forking any of those core libraries from FireFoxOS? They're based off the Android stack and should be pretty stable.
    Wifi on the Touchpad doesn't seem to work in this build.
    Tungsten E, Palm T|X, Treo 700p, Pixi, Pre Plus, Pre 2, HP TouchPad 16GB, LG G2, Samsung Gear 2 Neo, LG G Flex2 Volcano Red, Samsung Gear Live, LG Smart TV 32LF595B
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Hunt View Post
    Wifi on the Touchpad doesn't seem to work in this build.
    maybe you didnt install the latest uImage?

Wow, LuneOS has come a long way. keep up the good work!
    Garfonso likes this.
    Yesterday had time to install this build on touchpad.
    Loaded up 5+ news sites on the browser and did not crash. Impressive as some of these were graphic heavy, one had video. There was some shuddering, occasionally a slow load up, but on one site beat the firefox android browser on the kitkat 4.4.4 build on android partition.
    Way to go--you guys have been working really hard.

Look forward to testing the other features.
    Yesterday had time to install this build on touchpad.
    Loaded up 5+ news sites on the browser and did not crash. Impressive as some of these were graphic heavy, one had video. There was some shuddering, occasionally a slow load up, but on one site beat the firefox android browser on the kitkat 4.4.4 build on android partition.
    Way to go--you guys have been working really hard.

Look forward to testing the other features.
    Thanks, please keep in mind that this all done without hardware acceleration still currently ;-) But we're making leaps of progress every week on various bits :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    In the recent nightly, I'm finally able to sync my Google account on my N4. Before it would add but would never sync. I wonder if the log still has info from the previous build I was running, since /media/internal doesn't get wiped on a reinstall of LuneOS or Android.

The contacts app is working fantastically on the N4 - it was never this fast on the Touchpad before, but I haven't checked in quite some time.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    In the recent nightly, I'm finally able to sync my Google account on my N4. Before it would add but would never sync. I wonder if the log still has info from the previous build I was running, since /media/internal doesn't get wiped on a reinstall of LuneOS or Android.

The contacts app is working fantastically on the N4 - it was never this fast on the Touchpad before, but I haven't checked in quite some time.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    There was a bug with the Google sync for a while it seems (issue with the templates or something). That was sorted by Garfonso last week by updating C+Dav to 0.3.28 after he returned from some well deserved holidays

The Contacts app has been rewritten completely in Enyo 2, still needs some TLC, but Enyo 2 for sure offers performance improvements over Enyo 1
    It can be hard to isolate bugs on an OS that's in early active development. I added my account and successfully sync'd contacts and calendars, then changed my password due to google being paranoid for me, and rather than just update the password I removed and re-added my google accounts. Now contacts sync'd but not calendars. Worked all night so I haven't had time to pull the log file.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Seems Garfonso just pushed 0.3.29 with some more sync fixes, expect it in a new nightly soon ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    I figured it out. Two things happened:
    1 - my first account wasn't completely removed. Two accounts show in the c+dav app, both have my contacts still present according to the app.
    2 - my second account (the only one that shows in the accounts app) was getting a 404 error when trying to sync accounts. Will post a log. Unfortunately I didn't capture the log from removing the first account and adding it back. I had tried to toggle calendar off and back on, but a LuneOS touch glitch is causing toggle-type widgets to receive two events - I think finger down and up - so it would turn right back on. I finally figured out that if I slide my finger off the widget (toggle, drawer, expanding menu) it doesn't receive the second event, and does not boomerang back to its original state. After toggling calendar off and back on, the calendar list came down and I was able to fully sync all calendars (which of course don't show yet, but it's the principle! )

Need to try to clean up the db.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 04/28/2015 at 07:23 PM.
    Yes, those double clicks are some strange issue we have with enyo 1. There was a try to fix it, but that made buttons not work very well (only after 10-20 taps or something). It's not as easy as an mouse up/down issue. Or at least I didn't manage to find it...

On a quickcheck account deletion worked for me on LuneOS. Hm. So it is not generally broken?
    So I installed LuneOS 2 or 3 months ago and have not updated it since the initial install.

I just installed the latest build and kernel and when I go into settings then about it says

Version 34
    Codename Bombon
    Build Tree stable
    Build Number 62

Is this the latest files then? I thought the codename would say "Café au lait" ?

Also I have 2 icons for SDL2 OpenGLES... in my Apps menu.

Just making sure I did this right as it was my first time updating the rom for LuneOS. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ryancell View Post
    So I installed LuneOS 2 or 3 months ago and have not updated it since the initial install.

I just installed the latest build and kernel and when I go into settings then about it says

Version 34
    Codename Bombon
    Build Tree stable
    Build Number 62

Is this the latest files then? I thought the codename would say "Café au lait" ?

Also I have 2 icons for SDL2 OpenGLES... in my Apps menu.

Just making sure I did this right as it was my first time updating the rom for LuneOS. Thanks
    Hey you snatched our new release before it was officially announced. It will be announced shortly though We just need to move it to the right place on our servers. You're using TP or N4?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast