Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By elvispre
  • 5 Post By Shuswap
  • 2 Post By horzel
  1.    #1  
    I have a Nexus 4 and have been putting LuneOS builds on it for several months now.

To date, I have gotten by with just the Wi-Fi connection. That was impressive enough.

Apparently, messaging and telephony may be sort of working so I decided it was time to put a SIM in it. I got myself a pay-as-you-go one and installed it in the device.

I received a welcome text message from the provider and when I dialled my Pre3's number... it was connected! Forgive me for being surprised :-)

That's it. Just thought I would share.
    MudShark22 and Garfonso like this.
    Nice! I wonder how cheap the N4 is getting on fleabay.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 03/12/2015 at 05:51 PM.
    I have a Nexus 4 and have been putting LuneOS builds on it for several months now.

To date, I have gotten by with just the Wi-Fi connection. That was impressive enough.

Apparently, messaging and telephony may be sort of working so I decided it was time to put a SIM in it. I got myself a pay-as-you-go one and installed it in the device.

I received a welcome text message from the provider and when I dialled my Pre3's number... it was connected! Forgive me for being surprised :-)

That's it. Just thought I would share.
    The phone call connects (outgoing and incoming) but there is no audio yet, so you cannot talk :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    The phone call connects (outgoing and incoming) but there is no audio yet, so you cannot talk :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    http://www.quickmeme.com/img/97/971b...5b112b262f.jpg

... just kidding.

Great work by the Lune team!
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Nice! I wonder how cheap the N4 is getting on fleabay.
    I managed to grab one for 150 from ebay germany

There are some shops like rebuy and flip4shop that sell reasonable stuff, or you can go for a private seller

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    I managed to grab one for 150 from ebay germany

There are some shops like rebuy and flip4shop that sell reasonable stuff, or you can go for a private seller

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    i bought mine for 90 with a broken back plate which i replaced with some veneer.

Ill be testing LuneOS once a semi stable, telephony ready version comes along since the N4 is my daily driver and while i wouldnt mind a couple reboots etc. i kinda need to be able to to dumbphone stuff with it ^^

Also: a broken back plate lowers the inhibition to fiddle around with the inductive charging mod. Which i will do once i get the time :X

-> N4 with LuneOS = pseudo pre4/winndsornot?
    I will blame the LuneOS devs when my wife asks me why I've bought ANOTHER old phone. Sigh. Off to eBay.
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post
    I will blame the LuneOS devs when my wife asks me why I've bought ANOTHER old phone. Sigh. Off to eBay.
    Wrong capitalisation:

..........bought another OLD phone.............

Mine has found out, luckily she does not know about the two backup Pe 3's I bought yet.

She had taken a liking to the nexus 4, since she can do Facebook again. Luckily she does not like that it is not a slider. (Neither do I)
    Shuswap and Grabber5.0 like this.